Page 1583 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 5831083148315331573158115821583158415851593 ... LastLast
Results 15,821 to 15,830 of 16325

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    My routine has been so boring lately. Shampoo, condition, done. No leave-ins. My hair is fine, it's not excessively dry or anything but it feels so simple, and I still have so much other product I want to use up. At the same time, I'm lazy, my hair doesn't really need anything else, and I'm concerned leave-ins will lead to an oil slick (badly) masquerading as my scalp.

Do you guys do much in way of leave-ins or deep conditioners/masks? Especially those of you with straight or slightly wavy hair. How do you stop your scalp from getting all oily?
    I dont use leave ins. I use a bit of oil on the ends if needed. But I also have a stash of products that aren't useful at this length. I donated a few that weren't my favourites and have others stored away until I need them.

I do deep oil treatments sometimes. To be honest, they don't make my scalp any more or less oily than when it was long.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Probably. It is pretty straight though so I wonder why I have such a high volume. What is hair volume anyway?
    Volume isn't hair type , it's basically height of the hair, it's hard to explain properly.
    volume producte makes your hair appear thicker/fuller

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Volume isn't hair type , it's basically height of the hair, it's hard to explain properly.
    volume producte makes your hair appear thicker/fuller
    I think I know what you mean.

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Been gone for a while. My hair growth has gotten boring.

Congratulations Secret Soup! Your hair has grown so much!

EastboundandDown! Your hair is really looking longer than the last picture I saw! Congratulations on the growth.

Welcome Miss165!

And InTheCity, too bad your front pic wouldn't load but I can really see how your hair has grown since the last picture I saw! Its looking good!

My brother came to visit 2 weekends ago and I blow-dried my hair somewhat straight. It was so fun! My hair feels so much more heavy and swingy when I blow-dry it straight. Too bad it's damaging to do all the time. I wore my hair down for 4 days straight and I enjoyed that too. I think it's still a tiny bit above APL when dry and wavy. I know it's getting long though because I have been having very strong urges to cut it all off! I am not going to do that, instead, I am working on getting in touch with myself and WHY I want to cut it when I am actually achieving my goal. It's annoying though. I would love to be able to grow my hair without having cutting urges constantly.

Also, for leave ins I have been using Loreal No Haircut Cream and I am really loving that. It makes my hair very soft. Sometimes I will scrunch in some mouse near the roots for a little volume as well.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Been gone for a while. My hair growth has gotten boring.

EastboundandDown! Your hair is really looking longer than the last picture I saw! Congratulations on the growth.
    This stage can feel like an eternity, I hate it everytime! And thank you, chugging along and staying away from the scissors. I'm determined to make it to hip this time. Got to waist and cut it last go around.

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    This stage can feel like an eternity, I hate it everytime! And thank you, chugging along and staying away from the scissors. I'm determined to make it to hip this time. Got to waist and cut it last go around.
    Yes! I was looking back at my old pictures before I cut (so nice to have those) and I realized that starting about now in terms of length until about 6 months later, I really didn't like my hair and wanted to cut it often. Its such a weird in between length. Too long to look cute like short hair, too short to look long like long hair. After that I got into a phase where I loved it and was glad I had grown it. So... its good to have that awareness and just keep chugging!

Also, I see I got your name wrong, sorry about that Eastbound&Down.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Yes! I was looking back at my old pictures before I cut (so nice to have those) and I realized that starting about now in terms of length until about 6 months later, I really didn't like my hair and wanted to cut it often. Its such a weird in between length. Too long to look cute like short hair, too short to look long like long hair. After that I got into a phase where I loved it and was glad I had grown it. So... its good to have that awareness and just keep chugging!

Also, I see I got your name wrong, sorry about that Eastbound&Down.
    Yep, there's an entire year of growing out where I absolutely hate how it looks but I know now that it will pass and I will regret it more if I cut it than if I put it in a bun and press forward. Don't worry about the name, I knew you were talking to me 😉

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    Yep, there's an entire year of growing out where I absolutely hate how it looks but I know now that it will pass and I will regret it more if I cut it than if I put it in a bun and press forward. Don't worry about the name, I knew you were talking to me 😉
    Oh good.

Yeah, it's rough to grow out your hair in certain phases! Im in the tired of a bun everyday phase so I have been working on braiding and relearning some old standby's like dutch and french. That is helpful.

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

That was a long server busy moment! @ renee keep pushing on! I do understand how hard it is to resist chopping, I had to deal with that urge every single day and it got me, even though it's good to get 95% of the damage removed but its set me back 2 years in my journey and I'm not getting any younger

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That was a long server busy moment! @ renee keep pushing on! I do understand how hard it is to resist chopping, I had to deal with that urge every single day and it got me, even though it's good to get 95% of the damage removed but its set me back 2 years in my journey and I'm not getting any younger
    Thanks for the support Bat! It is REALLY hard to resist the cutting urge with damage, because it feels like you have a legitimate reason to cut. I have been there done that! It's great that you got rid of most of yours, maybe it will be easier to keep on pushing through.