Page 1582 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 58210821482153215721580158115821583158415921632 ... LastLast
Results 15,811 to 15,820 of 16325

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by secret soup View Post
    Looking good! I agree, APL will be yours before you know it.
    Thank you!

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

My routine has been so boring lately. Shampoo, condition, done. No leave-ins. My hair is fine, it's not excessively dry or anything but it feels so simple, and I still have so much other product I want to use up. At the same time, I'm lazy, my hair doesn't really need anything else, and I'm concerned leave-ins will lead to an oil slick (badly) masquerading as my scalp.

Do you guys do much in way of leave-ins or deep conditioners/masks? Especially those of you with straight or slightly wavy hair. How do you stop your scalp from getting all oily?
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Length
    13/13/18-20

Quote Originally Posted by secret soup View Post
    Welcome! You've got a great start--thick and shiny. BTW I love your avatar!
    thanks so much! it took years of babying my hair back to health and a big chop to finally start my journey. i will admit i use products with cones but my hair hasn't ever felt this healthy since before i started coloring it!

Length
    13/13/18-20

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    My routine has been so boring lately. Shampoo, condition, done. No leave-ins. My hair is fine, it's not excessively dry or anything but it feels so simple, and I still have so much other product I want to use up. At the same time, I'm lazy, my hair doesn't really need anything else, and I'm concerned leave-ins will lead to an oil slick (badly) masquerading as my scalp.

Do you guys do much in way of leave-ins or deep conditioners/masks? Especially those of you with straight or slightly wavy hair. How do you stop your scalp from getting all oily?
    i personally use a mask once every two weeks in the shower. i only wash my hair once a week, so it's really every other week i swap between conditioner and a mask. i use a leave in conditioner after every wash, and just focus on my ears and downward. whatever residue is left on my hands, i use through the roots and rake it through my hair. i have a super dry scalp, though, so results may vary.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post

I wash my hair every day and normally condition after every wash, but due to protein overload I haven't conditioned this week. That's it really. My hair doesn't need that much anyway.

Length
    15.75/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Loving all the pics! So many thick heads of hair

I'm still here, chugging along. Was feeling pretty down a few weeks ago but am trying to enjoy that my ends currently look decently thick. I've "styled" my hair in my mom's goofy way the past few washes and I have to say, I'm not hating it. Basically, low ponytail while wet (not too tight) so the majority of the hair sits kinda flat but the ends pouf a bit.

Noooo, pic from the front, which is the only way the "style" looks good won't upload due to file type. Oh well, here's the back shot:

[IMG][/IMG]
    These pics were about 10 years ago... Trying again from similar to that short pic.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I noticed my hair is only about 2cm away from APL when stretched or wet but still barely longer than collarbone otherwise. I wonder why that is because it doesn't flip.

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    I noticed my hair is only about 2cm away from APL when stretched or wet but still barely longer than collarbone otherwise. I wonder why that is because it doesn't flip.
    Volume you might have more volume than you think

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Volume you might have more volume than you think
    Probably. It is pretty straight though so I wonder why I have such a high volume. What is hair volume anyway?

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCity View Post
    Loving all the pics! So many thick heads of hair

I'm still here, chugging along. Was feeling pretty down a few weeks ago but am trying to enjoy that my ends currently look decently thick. I've "styled" my hair in my mom's goofy way the past few washes and I have to say, I'm not hating it. Basically, low ponytail while wet (not too tight) so the majority of the hair sits kinda flat but the ends pouf a bit.

Noooo, pic from the front, which is the only way the "style" looks good won't upload due to file type. Oh well, here's the back shot:

[IMG][/IMG]
    A ponytail (or fabric headband) while wet is a great idea to reduce poofiness. I used to do that when my hair was very curly. It gave your hair a nice shape!