Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 7802

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

I have a question for my fellow fine and thinnies. Do you find a bbb to be damaging for our hair type? I'm talking about used properly. My hair doesn't tangle much at this length, but I'm detangling with a tangle teezer. I have also been using the bbb once a day in the morning gently. It doesn't seem to be a problem, but I'm wondering how those of you with longer hair feel.

Length
    APL/~40"/~40"
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I honestly don't like that kind of brush but I wouldn't say it is damaging to my hair. I prefer the Tangle Teezer and use a wooden comb after washing my hair.

Phew, sometimes I do wish my hair was a different type, especially not as see-through on the ends as it is now due to the hairloss.

Length
    16" ?/30"/thick
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Gloeckchen View Post
    Your are welcome. I do my best.
    What helped me a lot was to see that Emi (EmiChiee, I do not know at the moment how her nickname ist spelled correctly here on LHC) got through her hairloss too. She has no fine or thin hair, it is medium, but nevertheless her progress gave me a lot of support in that dark moments, when I was tempted by my scissors.
    She is the only example I can give, where you can see a real good recovery and gain of thickness. Especially on fine-thin-haired ladies I found none.
    All I saw were scalps cut back to a much shorter length, often more than 5". Or, on the other hand, ladies who maintained at their length or grew more length and the ends got really transparent.

No question, my ends are transparent too, but for me it is still okay, as I can still wear my hair down, when I choose the right clothing underneath.You will never see me outside with my hair down on a white shirt or something with patterns. Ich prefer black, brown, purple, darkblue and petrol.
    Petrol? Is that correct? I have found no translation... I mean that colour, similar to turquoise, but darker.
    here, that smilie is close to the colour I mean.
    This color? If so, we would probably call it teal in the USA.
    http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Fab...leum-Blue.html

Your hair regrowth is inspiring me, as well. I am glad that I did not chop mine off.

Length
    16/55/?
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    You are one of my hair inspirations, too! My hair has taken a hit with long-term iron deficiency, cancer treatment and hypothyroidism. I am maintaining at 28" until November, then I will continue growing. I hope to keep growing in spite of my thin ends just as you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenheather View Post
    That is awesome that you guys have managed to keep you hair through all these health crisis. You both have beautiful hair. Surely I can grow mine out. I've always been told that my hair is too thin to be long. But I'm a 2 in. circ. before everything is long enough to get in the ponytail. That can't be too bad. It's longer and longer from here on out!
    Thank you both. It's so nice to get encouragement from people in the same situation who really can understand the problems (and blessings) with thin hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenheather View Post
    I have a question for my fellow fine and thinnies. Do you find a bbb to be damaging for our hair type? I'm talking about used properly. My hair doesn't tangle much at this length, but I'm detangling with a tangle teezer. I have also been using the bbb once a day in the morning gently. It doesn't seem to be a problem, but I'm wondering how those of you with longer hair feel.
    No, I haven't seen any damage from my bbb but then I only use it to smooth out my updo's after very careful detangling with combs. I have, very rarely, also used it to distribute sebum along the length which also doesn't seem to cause any damage but for me the results of this hasn't been worth the effort.
    Last edited by maria_asa; March 16th, 2012 at 12:57 AM.

Length
    29"/39,5"/45"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCrowned View Post
    This color? If so, we would probably call it teal in the USA.
    http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Fab...leum-Blue.html

Your hair regrowth is inspiring me, as well. I am glad that I did not chop mine off.
    Yes, that is the colour. Thank you. Okay. Teal... Saved in the vocabulary-section.

regrowth after big shed // fairy-hair // on my way to classic length

longhairblog (german & english) haselnussblond.blogspot.de

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Gloeckchen View Post
    Yes, that is the colour. Thank you. Okay. Teal... Saved in the vocabulary-section.
    Petrol is also acceptable. I knew what you meant. Teal to me is usually a bit lighter than Petrol, and perhaps more greeny.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I find bbb keep my hair from being damaged. They help my hair lay down smooth, and deter more tangles and frizz. I only use a wide tooth comb and a bbb. If you're worried about damage maybe get a softer one.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I know I can only use the softest of brushes. I have one old BBB that i use. Wish i could find another like it, but have had no luck. I also use a baby brush.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    APL/APL/WL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/i

I tried a BBB brush, but it makes my hair very static as its fine and wavy I try and use only wide tooth combs or paddle brush
    Waist - 27" (mid-goal), Tailbone - 33" (Goal)

Length
    --/36,5/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I have a Mason Pearson BBB with nylon and I have the feeling this brush is much more gentle to my hair as a wide tooth comb. The brush goes through it really smoothly and I didn't notice any damage from it. They are expensive but it was definately worth the money imo.
    BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ TB ~ Classic
    25 ~~ 29 ~~ 32 ~~ 36,5 ~~ 38,5 ~~ 42
    Lady Moneta of the Generous Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights