Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried LUSH for hair?

Length
    cbl/hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Default Re: Lush Shampoo Bars

Lush bars are so convenient!! I love them. That said, I only use them if I'm travelling or something. Otherwise shampoo suffices.
    Growing to knee! At HIP currently

Length
    pix/waist/hip?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Thank you everyone for answering! I think I will go in a Lush store and ask a salesperson for her opinions. Or maybe I'll just choose a bar based on the smell.

Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

I like the copperhead. It's milder than karma or squeaky. Not recommended for light hair color as it contains henna
    Pixie..Chin length...Shoulder length...APL...BSL...WL ​I reached my hair goal!
    Lady Undine Waverunner of the Azure Seas in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Length
    22,8/24,4/30,3

I tried the New shampoo bar - the one with the cinnamon - and the Godiva one. However after the first wash it looked like i had dandruff. I both of them a couple more times, but it was always the same. It's strange because i've never had dandruff in my life and after using other shampoos it went away immediately... i gave Godiva to my mum and 'm using New as a body wash because i love cinnamon...

Length
    17/45/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I'm obsessed with Lush in general, but I also love their shampoo bars. They are more than equipped to get rid of oily residue, so no worries about removing the coconut oil from your hair. Yes, certain ones can be a bit more stripping than others, but that really depends what benefits you're looking for your shampoo bar to have.

So far, I've tried: Godiva, Karma Komba, Brazilliant, and Jason and the Argan Oil.

Godiva is their 2-in-1, so basically a shampoo/conditioner. It's definitely the most moisturizing, however, the conditioner bits in the bar always broke apart on me and after one month of use, my bar would always turn to mush. I purchased that one twice specifically because I loved the Jasmine fragrance and how it made my hair smell and feel, but it wasn't the most cost-effective one that I've ever tried.

Karma Komba is one of my absolute favorites. It smells of their infamous 'Karma' fragrance, makes my hair super clean, but still very soft and manageable. Plus, it does wonders for detangling, so if you are particularly tangle-prone, this one is amazing. The only downside, this one is the most stripping one I've tried and if used too often, can leave your hair feeling a little dry. I only use it once in a while if I need to really clarify my hair because otherwise, it can be a bit much. However, this one would be perfect for really oily hair.

Brazilliant smells like an orange grove inside of a carnival - so like a candied orange. It's somewhat moisturizing and definitely helps with tangles, but it is meant for someone with wavy or curly hair otherwise it can be a bit heavy. The fragrance on this one isn't my favorite, so I've only used it a handful of times.

Jason and the Argan Oil smells like their popular 'Rose Jam' fragrance - very sweet, subtle floral. The fragrance of this is my favorite and I waited for months to be able to purchase it. It's their most moisturizing bar by far and meant for those with very dry, weak, or dull hair because it's meant to give you strength, moisture, and loads of shine (because of the Argan Oil). It leaves my hair incredibly soft and this is one that I feel you could use multiple times per week without it being too over-drying because it's also the only shampoo bar with the lowest amount of sulfates. The only downside for this one is that it is prone to crumbling. Once you use your shampoo bar, you're supposed to keep it out of the shower and let it dry completely, basically let it re-harden. The first bar I had of 'Jason' turned to mush and crumbled apart as it dried. Lush was incredibly kind to ship me out a new one free of charge and that one worked much, much better, but because of the amount of Argan Oil used, this bar needs to be handled with care.

I recently purchased Seanik, but haven't tried that one yet because I also ordered a small bottle of one of their liquid shampoos to try, Fairly Traded Honey and that one has become my new favorite since it leaves my hair ridiculously clean and soft, plus it's made with over 50% honey.

If you have a chance, you should pop into a Lush shop to check out their products. They're normally more than willing to give you a consultation and really help you narrow down what you're looking for, plus, if you do purchase something that you later aren't happy with, they have a very generous return policy. Best of luck in deciding!

I have a few stashed away but so far have only used two. I have a red one with I think cinnamon, can't remember the name, but it's great, really good at getting rid of build up. I shampoo twice and then use a leave in and it makes my hair SO soft and shiny.

I've used the Honey I Washed The Kids one and I find it just awful. It's a shame because it's my favourite smell ever. But it left my hair very tangled and coarse, really hard to brush and sticky feeling. I also developed a huge, very itchy, red, flaky rash all over the back of neck after using it for about a week, that disappeared once I stopped using it.

Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

I'm dangerously close to being a LUSH junkie, and I've tried many of their products. Of the shampoo bars I've tried (Seanik, Jumping Juniper, Squeaky Green, Copperhead, Brazilliant and Lullaby...yeah, I know. Total junkie.) I've liked Seanik and Lullaby the best, but, as is the case with everything hair care related, what works for me might not work for you.
    In my experience Lush is pretty good about handing out samples to try, so if you're going to a store and you're unsure about what to choose, I'd ask about getting a sample. Employees also tend to be very nice and helpful, and they know the products inside-out, so don't be afraid to ask them.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who do not believe in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

Length
    Bob/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I LOVE Seanik! I've tried shampoo bars from Apple valley and Chagrin and they are all way too drying but Seanik is perfect. It cleans my scalp really well but doesn't make my hair dry at all, it feels kinda squeaky in the shower but it goes away as it dries even if I don't put any conditioner on.

Pixie - Ear - Jaw - Chin - SL - CBL- APL- BSL - WL - HL - TBL

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    There's one girl on YT that had a massive shed due to lush bars (Loepsie). Just throwing that out there. If you notice that, I'd stop using them.
    Yeah Loepsie got a very bad time with those and I was offered one for free from a friend and totally said no based on her exerience.

Im a natural 1B-C head and growing out from so!

<a href=https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69220&dateline=1544502239 target=_blank>https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ine=1544502239</a>

Length
    20"/28.5"/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default LUSH shampoo bars

Does anyone here use LUSH shampoo bars?

what do you think of them?
    Lady Nisaba, Scribe of the Celestial Scrolls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights