Page 141 of 405 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 4047

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

What is a ficare? (or however you spell it) I have seen them on this board and r/longhair on Reddit, but I can't wrap my mind around how they work.

ETA: Forgive the stupid question, I'm new to messing with hair toys and have just now ordered some actual sticks.
    Last edited by Handel'sWig; March 9th, 2021 at 09:19 AM.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I have it working properly now, thanks to all who helped! It's wonderful, not seeing ads everywhere!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I have it working properly now, thanks to all who helped! It's wonderful, not seeing ads everywhere!
    It is wonderful when you take your life back!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

My question is: does anyone else live in a dusty area? I just moved to southern NM and we're coming up on the 'windy' season in which all the surface soil will likely become airborne. I've already noticed a 'stickiness' to my hair despite low winds and few showers. I don't use cones, just oils- maybe that's contributing? I'm really hoping that I don't have to re-work my entire hair routine after this move! My previous method was working so well! Thank you!

Length
    Hip/CL+/Lazy
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spurple View Post
    My question is: does anyone else live in a dusty area? I just moved to southern NM and we're coming up on the 'windy' season in which all the surface soil will likely become airborne. I've already noticed a 'stickiness' to my hair despite low winds and few showers. I don't use cones, just oils- maybe that's contributing? I'm really hoping that I don't have to re-work my entire hair routine after this move! My previous method was working so well! Thank you!
    What’s your water like in your new area? I know harder water tends to make my hair feel kinda “sticky” because it never seems to clean as well. I do remember my hair (and scalp especially) feeling gritty when we had dusty days, but stickiness was a different issue for me. Chelating, or even a bit of a vinegar rinse may help if it’s a hard water issue.
    Last edited by PeonyBlue; March 9th, 2021 at 01:46 PM.
    Letting my hair do whatever it wants to do!

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PeonyBlue View Post
    What’s your water like in your new area? I know harder water tends to make my hair feel kinda “sticky” because it never seems to clean as well. I do remember my hair (and scalp especially) feeling gritty when we had dusty days, but stickiness was a different issue for me. Chelating, or even a bit of a vinegar rinse may help if it’s a hard water issue.
    We do have hard water in our new area, but I wash my hair less than once a week and was noticing a drastic change in my hair between washes. I had been thinking this was due to the dust in the air? I do have an order in for a good shampoo to help remove hard water buildup. Is there anything I can do between washes? Or a change to my routine that would help attract less dust? Or do you think the new shampoo will change the dust build-up too?

Length
    Hip/CL+/Lazy
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I’d say try change one thing at a time to see what helps most. I remember using a BBB to brush out the dust on those dry dusty days - that may help if you’re finding the dust is tending to “stick” to the oils in your hair. Then maybe try a good clarifying/chelating clean when you get it and see how your hair reacts to that. After that, you might have to look at your leave-ins and see if something’s reacting to the environment you’re now in.

Good luck! It’s always a challenge to have to rethink a routine that’s worked in the past.
    Letting my hair do whatever it wants to do!

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post
    What is a ficare? (or however you spell it) I have seen them on this board and r/longhair on Reddit, but I can't wrap my mind around how they work.

ETA: Forgive the stupid question, I'm new to messing with hair toys and have just now ordered some actual sticks.
    I haven't used them myself, but they're basically giant alligator clips. https://www.ficcare.com/

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Is there an oil that doesn't attract so much dust? I've heard about mineral oil, but not sure if that's true

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Is there an oil that doesn't attract so much dust? I've heard about mineral oil, but not sure if that's true
    Perhaps dry oils based on coco-caprylate.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links