View Poll Results: Why do you want long hair? Select all that apply.

Voters
1322. You may not vote on this poll
  • So that I can wear nothing, yet cover everything with my hair

347 26.25%
  • I want to look like a mermaid/elf/mythical creature/princess/anime character/Renaissance painting

792 59.91%
  • To defy cultural stereotypes and expectations

366 27.69%
  • I want to be able to use my hair as a weapon

186 14.07%
  • For warmth, to wear as a blanket/coat/scarf

235 17.78%
  • I really want to become (or now enjoy being) an old woman with long, flowing silver/white hair

500 37.82%
  • I like big buns and I cannot lie!

398 30.11%
  • I love the feeling of my hair brushing against my body, lower and lower down

636 48.11%
  • To prove (to myself or others) that I can, or out of a sense of competition or defiance

485 36.69%
  • To look more femme, and less butch or boyish

397 30.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: You want long hair WHY? Weird.

Length
    chin/27/36
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: You want long hair WHY? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Hele View Post
    i went with the "you want to look like a mermaid/elf/mythical whatever" option, it was the closest. When i was a kid i was really into fairy tales (i suppose i still am) but i never wanted to be a princess, fairy, or any other "good" character, i always wanted to be the evil queen or witch. And those types just don't rock soccer mom bobs! I also want to have long white hair one day, i currently have a good start on that goal. And if there was a "my hair is easier to deal with long" option i would have gone with that as well. Or an "i love hair toys" option, i'd have been all over that.

do people really like the feel of their hair brushing against their bodies? That aspect of having long hair bugs me. My hair is heavy and i can suffocate under it in hot weather. And if i'm sweaty it will stick to me and wrap itself around my arms and generally drive me insane as it poofs outward due to humidity.
    I really do like the feeling of my hair down. Hot miserable weather in Florida was part of my reason for cutting it short when I lived there. I agree that's it's no fun for hair to be acting as a heating blanket when you'd rather have a/c. I'm happily back in colder drier climate.

But I am totally with you on siding with the evil queens and villains!

Length
    BCL/CL+/WTF
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
    Hele, I can only handle my hair down for about 2 seconds in summer... but on the plus side, in winter it can keep me quite warm!
    in winter mine becomes a static electricity monster so it still stays up...i'm surprised i don't find socks sticking to it. I really love my hair, it's just better for both of us if it stays up most of the time. But rock on people that can comfortably leave their hair down, i'm a bit jealous!

Length
    20.5/20.5/27
    Type
    2b/M/ii

A. I was told I look like a horse when I have long hair. B. I'm 5.1 and everyone keeps telling me my hair crowds my face and that I'm "to short" to have long hair. Growing up my mum always cut it boy short, even though I always wanted long hair. As of 2 years ago I've decided to take matters into my own hands. It's my hair! (Feel like there should be some battle cry) I'm with rtee721 on this.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrain View Post
    A. I was told I look like a horse when I have long hair. B. I'm 5.1 and everyone keeps telling me my hair crowds my face and that I'm "to short" to have long hair. Growing up my mum always cut it boy short, even though I always wanted long hair. As of 2 years ago I've decided to take matters into my own hands. It's my hair! (Feel like there should be some battle cry) I'm with rtee721 on this.
    I'm 4"11' (ish. Between that and 5 ft) and I'm sure I'll get some of the "too short" nonsense as my hair gets long.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    20"/26.5/34"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My reason wasn't really listed, but I think it adds beauty to my personal look. At one point in life, I will let it go grey/white. I've always admired older women with gorgeous, long, natural hair.

Length
    25/42/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Definitely not for use as a weapon- I'm a martial artist and it hurts me more than it hurts anyone else, by whacking me in the face and being stepped on. But if I had short hair I'd miss it's "thunk" when I roll.

Somewhere between over here and over there...
    Length
    waist/clsc/fngr
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii/iii

I know it'll probably never happen, I don't even think I can grow it long enough (I have this fear that terminal for me is somewhere between where I am and my goal), but I'd love to be able to wear my hair in my now usual roller-set and have it hang past classic. I'd feel like a mermaid if I did that, and would probably annoy my family even more with finding my long hair everywhere. I'd likely have to be somewhere around knee for it to happen, so it probably never will, as I think once I get to fingertip, I think I'll maintain there.
    Lady Aeolwynne of the Crystal Dragon in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/MBL/WL

I was initially inspired by anime characters (Sailor Moon, anyone?). I also love the many hairstyles that one can accomplish with long hair (including huge buns!).

Length
    22"/MCalf/Floor
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

stargazer616, I've actually left it in a braid before when I did ground-work, and long hair is USEFUL! (A girl stepped on my braid and slipped onto the mat. She's okay)
    Hip--BCL--Classic--Fingertip--Knee--Mid-Calf--Ankle

Growing long and strong!

Length
    23.75/23.75/35
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

To prove that I can. I had been saying for the past 5 years now that I wanted to grow beautiful waist length (possibly longer) hair. But my obsession with hair bleach and dyes always ended up with me being in pixie cuts. Then once my hair was shoulder length again..BOOM, the urge would kick in and i'd color it to death and there went another chop. Finally I got tired of dreaming of having long hair and i'm now determined to see it through to the end, despite my family telling me "Women with long hair always have ugly straggly ends". Umm..what? Also i'd love to look like some fairy tale queen