Page 1384 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3848841284133413741382138313841385 LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,840 of 13846

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Back to BCL! I just got 1.5 inches (3.8cm) taken off.

It was so necessary. I thought my hair was growing extremely slowly (I'm talking three inches this year) until I got bangs. Having to trim the bangs out of my eyes constantly made me realize that the peroxide damage to my ends was worse than I thought and that it was breaking faster than it was growing. I was masking my split ends with oils and conditioners but clarifying really brought them all out.

This has been my biggest trim since my growth journey started but I'm proud of myself for not obsessing over it or my goals. 1.5 inches seemed like a lot with how slowly my hair was growing, but I think this is going to open up the opportunity for more progress now that I'm not fighting that breakage. Yay!
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp View Post

It was so necessary. I thought my hair was growing extremely slowly (I'm talking three inches this year) until I got bangs. Having to trim the bangs out of my eyes constantly made me realize that the peroxide damage to my ends was worse than I thought and that it was breaking faster than it was growing. I was masking my split ends with oils and conditioners but clarifying really brought them all out.

This has been my biggest trim since my growth journey started but I'm proud of myself for not obsessing over it or my goals. 1.5 inches seemed like a lot with how slowly my hair was growing, but I think this is going to open up the opportunity for more progress now that I'm not fighting that breakage. Yay!
    Congrats! It's so hard to cut off ends and not obsess over it or see it as a setback. Sounds like a really positive experience for you and your hair!
    TWA -- shoulder -- collarbone -- armpit -- mid back -- waist -- hip -- tailbone -- classic -- mid thigh -- knee

Length
    Bald/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
    Congrats! It's so hard to cut off ends and not obsess over it or see it as a setback. Sounds like a really positive experience for you and your hair!

I concur.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    15/41/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp View Post

You must feel so liberated to have trimmed off so much peroxide damage! Do you have much left?

Length
    27.5/32.5/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Baanoo, thanks for your encouragement and advice. You may well be right about difficulty with accurate measuring being an issue here, because either I previously mismeasured, or I had a mega inch spurt in the last month. Though I did start eating "normal food" for the first time in years after a highly restrictive diet after solving food sensitivity issues, AND I had the first bone under the skull pushed back into place that had been apparently out of whack for years. The human body is a mystery, so who knows.

Here is my 1yr progress picture. I lined it up the best I could and wore the same dress. Although I had a lot of breakage while trying to do the medieval combing method (on hair damaged by too much sun) when I couldn't shower due to the mold issue, so the ends have thinned, as most of that breakage is back-center on the top layer, mostly around neck level or so. Some may also be from twisting into buns and pinning? I'm going to just do braids for a while to avoid any more higher up breakage over the next year since it's clearly fragile.

Despite these setbacks, I've gone from 28 inches to 32.5 doing just S&D thoroughly in the spring and again last week for fall.

The photos still have some wave, but when pulled taut, it's maybe an inch or two from BCL. But the ends of my hair are less than a pinky width thick, so it's not like a ton of my hair is that long yet.

Overall, I really can't complain.
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." 1 Corinthians 11:15

Length
    Bald/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

jenniferrae, nice growth! Love how your ends look, the waviness/curling.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferrae View Post
    Baanoo, thanks for your encouragement and advice. You may well be right about difficulty with accurate measuring being an issue here, because either I previously mismeasured, or I had a mega inch spurt in the last month. Though I did start eating "normal food" for the first time in years after a highly restrictive diet after solving food sensitivity issues, AND I had the first bone under the skull pushed back into place that had been apparently out of whack for years. The human body is a mystery, so who knows.

Here is my 1yr progress picture. I lined it up the best I could and wore the same dress. Although I had a lot of breakage while trying to do the medieval combing method (on hair damaged by too much sun) when I couldn't shower due to the mold issue, so the ends have thinned, as most of that breakage is back-center on the top layer, mostly around neck level or so. Some may also be from twisting into buns and pinning? I'm going to just do braids for a while to avoid any more higher up breakage over the next year since it's clearly fragile.

Despite these setbacks, I've gone from 28 inches to 32.5 doing just S&D thoroughly in the spring and again last week for fall.

The photos still have some wave, but when pulled taut, it's maybe an inch or two from BCL. But the ends of my hair are less than a pinky width thick, so it's not like a ton of my hair is that long yet.

Overall, I really can't complain.
    It looks great to me, what a beautiful head of hair!

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

https://imgur.com/a/4nJW0En

Can I claim hip yet?
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

Quote Originally Posted by mallorykay13 View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/4nJW0En

Can I claim hip yet?
    Maybe it's cause you are sitting but it looks like waist to me

Length
    27.5/32.5/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Für immer & Bat, thank you both very much! It looks that nice for about five minutes after I've smoothed it down, and then its wurliness starts to reawaken, and the haphazard sections of broken pieces start to reach out into the air, in every direction they can, with their fuzzy little fingers of frizzy-floof. I'll eventually find a conditioner that works with my wurliness again! Until then, it goes back in the braid, hahahaha.

mallorykay13, I agree with Bat. It looks lovely though! Personally, I think it looks more like hip length in your avatar than in the seated photo.
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." 1 Corinthians 11:15