Page 138 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 38881281361371381391401481882386381138 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 16322

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy25 View Post
    The lines help for some reason, it makes everything seem closer <3
    Yeah I know and I always have trouble finding where my armpits start The lines would help a lot to see where everything is.

Except now that I look at your picture, I don't know why I feel like APL may be a bit (a lot? ) farther than I thought? I gotta go measure again.

I don't know why yesterday I had this bad feeling before going to bed that I'm never gonna make it to BSL. Maybe I was just tired...
    Shoulder>>>APL >>> BSL >>> WAIST

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Ok I just tried to take a picture of my own back and it's impossible. Duh! I have no spacial orientation whatsoever...

Length
    13.5/35/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hi Ladies, oh my gosh this no mans land between shoulder and APL is killing me! I feel like I'm just not growing I have been so sad and regretful since I cut my almost classic length hair last February. I feel like such a fool. Big hugs for all of you who are growing with me! I should take some length shots and re-measure...coming later tonight, ok?

Alyanna, I have felt the exact same way. Like it's just never going to happen! Ugh! We'll hang in there together. Maddy I should take your lead and use the lines!!!

Jemoiselle's Twist Trim Video

http://youtu.be/cipgwKqX7UM

What a good idea. Filling in those lines in a photo.

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Love the idea Maddy25 (and totally off subject, yours has always been one of my favorite avatars!)

Here's mine - it's a little wonky and I'm no good at photoshop,

The funny thing is that this looks shorter than last month's length shot, even though it measures more than half an inch longer. Although it's pretty poofy and flippy today.

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

Length
    28"/32.5"/34"

My hair is always BS. But I am constantly growing out layers and bangs. I don't know why, but I cut them in, like it for a while, then regret it. It also seems to me that my hair thins when I do.
    I have my natural color, finally!
    Sense' S/C, cutting before full moon/equinox. brown seaweed on scalp, brushing

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jemoiselle View Post
    Hi Ladies, oh my gosh this no mans land between shoulder and APL is killing me! I feel like I'm just not growing I have been so sad and regretful since I cut my almost classic length hair last February. I feel like such a fool. Big hugs for all of you who are growing with me! I should take some length shots and re-measure...coming later tonight, ok?

Alyanna, I have felt the exact same way. Like it's just never going to happen! Ugh! We'll hang in there together. Maddy I should take your lead and use the lines!!!
    Jemoiselle, at least you've had classic-length hair before, so you know you have it in you! I on the other hand have never been past APL. It's really weird considering that until about 7 or 8 year ago my hair was curlier and thicker and very unruly. The best thing for it would've been to let it grow longer so the curls and poof would calm down a bit. But for some reason, I just never did it. It never even occurred to me. I come from one of those families where all the women have above shoulder hair and as soon as it's longer, they're like "you need a haircut". They think really long hair is "unkept" and "country". That attitude is so 80s. My mom's had this Jane Fonda haircut forEVER. I detest it. One of the reasons I want long, long hair is because I want the exact opposite of THAT look. Do you know what she did to me when I was 6? She gave me the Orphan Annie haircut. I had this big reddish brown 'fro. I remember to this day being mortified. It was also the same year I got glasses. Not a happy year for me. *Rant Over*

But yes, I'm just in love, love, love with the TLHC. Everyone's just been so great. We WILL stick together through this! We WILL make it!

Length
    13.5/35/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Talking Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by alyanna View Post
    Jemoiselle, at least you've had classic-length hair before, so you know you have it in you! I on the other hand have never been past APL. It's really weird considering that until about 7 or 8 year ago my hair was curlier and thicker and very unruly. The best thing for it would've been to let it grow longer so the curls and poof would calm down a bit. But for some reason, I just never did it. It never even occurred to me. I come from one of those families where all the women have above shoulder hair and as soon as it's longer, they're like "you need a haircut". They think really long hair is "unkept" and "country". That attitude is so 80s. My mom's had this Jane Fonda haircut forEVER. I detest it. One of the reasons I want long, long hair is because I want the exact opposite of THAT look. Do you know what she did to me when I was 6? She gave me the Orphan Annie haircut. I had this big reddish brown 'fro. I remember to this day being mortified. It was also the same year I got glasses. Not a happy year for me. *Rant Over*

But yes, I'm just in love, love, love with the TLHC. Everyone's just been so great. We WILL stick together through this! We WILL make it!
    Heh, you have a point there! But part of me still fears that because the main part of my growth happened when I was pregnant nearly 4 years ago, that allowed it to get that long to begin with and I might not be able to regrow to the same length! It was the first time my hair ever went below the bra line so to speak. Never mind that is when I joined LHC I believe, and started making the changes like no heat styling, filing combs, gentle combing, coconut oil (yum for my hair!) etc so truly I shouldn't let my fretting get the best of me. Your family sounds interesting! Jane Fonda hair huh? I'll have to look that one up! You are going to have so much fun growing because it will all be uncharted territory! How cool! I'm excited for you

I cannot imagine what you must have felt like with that orphan annie haircut! You poor thing! I bet you still made it look adorable though, I always liked her hair because mine was so flat back then. Stick straight! Now it has waves and won't lie flat, as we age in my family our hair gets loose curls and waves and a coarser texture (meh for the texture) so we'll see! Hey rant away anytime!!

I took a length shot yesterday and can't get it uploaded! I am so silly. I am a new Mac user, and cannot seem to figure out how to get iLife's iphoto to upload to my usual photo sharing website, picasa or flickr. Anyone have any good advice for me? I feel like a newbie! It's so funny, photo uploading is normally as natural as breathing but last night, you would have thought I was trying to breathe helium. Hilarious! Not natural, and even a bit embarrassing.

UPDATE: I got it loaded! Yay! There it is, below

Jessie

Last edited by Jemoiselle; May 5th, 2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Fixing grammaticals, adding photo!

Jemoiselle's Twist Trim Video

http://youtu.be/cipgwKqX7UM

Length
    Shldr/Clbn/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yeah I know and I always have trouble finding where my armpits start The lines would help a lot to see where everything is.

Except now that I look at your picture, I don't know why I feel like APL may be a bit (a lot? ) farther than I thought? I gotta go measure again.

I don't know why yesterday I had this bad feeling before going to bed that I'm never gonna make it to BSL. Maybe I was just tired...
    Aw I know how you feel, I thought I was closer to APL before I drew the lines but then after I thought about it for a while it didn't seem too far, but BSL, wow thats far away ahaha. You'll make it to BSL, no worries! Just be strong!

Ok I just tried to take a picture of my own back and it's impossible. Duh! I have no spacial orientation whatsoever...
    I need DH to take photos like this for me, it's hard to get the right angle doing it yourself unless you have a timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemoiselle View Post

I feel that way too, chin to shoulder went so fast and now this seems to go soooo slow.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire511 View Post
    Love the idea Maddy25 (and totally off subject, yours has always been one of my favorite avatars!)

Here's mine - it's a little wonky and I'm no good at photoshop,

The funny thing is that this looks shorter than last month's length shot, even though it measures more than half an inch longer. Although it's pretty poofy and flippy today.

Aw thank you! I always feel I should change my avatar cause I have clip in extentions in that photo ahah, but I just like the picture My hair does the same yours does, the flippys can take away some length for sure.
    ~~Lady Cēphisso of the Evercolor Inkwells in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~~
    Shoulder!!!!...on my way to Classic!

Length
    12/25/35
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Can I just say Maddy, it's amazing how much your hair has grown in just 14months. It is phenominal!
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - Tailbone
    - No Heat - Veggie Dyes - No Cuts -