Page 1365 of 1377 FirstFirst ... 365865126513151355136313641365136613671375 ... LastLast
Results 13,641 to 13,650 of 13769

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I cut my hair (by myself, cut on washed&dried hair) last week, as I had planned. I didn´t take a measuring tape to the bathroom, I went by feel. And landed at waist length.

My first thought was: Yes, yes, yes, I love it!

My second thought, when I took my hair down from the bun in the evening was: Holymoly, it´s so SHORT! But good short!

It honestly feels awesome. My braid is full to the very end. My hair has is lighter, bouncier and looks healthier. I can still do most of my favorite buns, no problem. I could even wear my hair down if I wanted to (maybe I will, on occasion). I am extremely happy.

I plan to do trims every three months now. I have not decided whether I am going to maintain at WL or let it grow towards hip. At the moment I love this length too much, but if I ever get bored, I can just stop trimming and be at hip again in 6 - 9 months.

The picture right after the cut:

Fantastic job on that Solid form haircut, it's very straight

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Hi all! I am pleased to finally be joining you here!

I know it seems strange because hip is my goal length and my longest layer is there already (I am very short-waisted), but this is the longest I've ever had my hair and I am struggling with all the breakage. I need TLHC to keep me from cutting it to BSL! I post updates every two months to keep me accountable.

I have many layers and a moderate amount of breakage, so I will stay in this thread until I get my U-shaped hemline back and also until most layers are solidly at hip.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by secret soup; April 2nd, 2024 at 09:06 AM. Reason: text out of order
    Pixie (April 2020) --> SL --> APL --> MBL --> Waist --> Hip
    -----------------------
    Last trim: April 23, 2024. Photo: June 1, 2024

Length
    Neck/WL/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I cut my hair (by myself, cut on washed&dried hair) last week, as I had planned. I didn´t take a measuring tape to the bathroom, I went by feel. And landed at waist length.

My first thought was: Yes, yes, yes, I love it!

My second thought, when I took my hair down from the bun in the evening was: Holymoly, it´s so SHORT! But good short!

It honestly feels awesome. My braid is full to the very end. My hair has is lighter, bouncier and looks healthier. I can still do most of my favorite buns, no problem. I could even wear my hair down if I wanted to (maybe I will, on occasion). I am extremely happy.

I plan to do trims every three months now. I have not decided whether I am going to maintain at WL or let it grow towards hip. At the moment I love this length too much, but if I ever get bored, I can just stop trimming and be at hip again in 6 - 9 months.

The picture right after the cut:

Looks good. I don't plan on this anytime soon, but I've certainly thought of how weird it would feel to suddenly have shorter hair, even if it were to be something like MBL. Of course, like with you, I would (if I were to choose) have that straight hemline for the first time with long hair versus more of the V-shape that I have now.

Length
    Neck/WL/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I think I'm officially there--waist length. I pulled my sweatpants up to what I best perceive as my waist (not particularly flattering worn that way) to see if any hairs (hopefully more flattering!) actually reach that point. There's even a ripple in one of the "clumps" of hair, so perhaps if I combed it right to straighten it out, it would be even a bit longer. It does seem like my hair is growing a little more slowly now though, but I most certainly hope I can reach hip length eventually for my next "hair diploma"!

Congrats on 30” jenniferrae - that was my first LHC goal length, just arbitrarily felt like a ‘long hair length’. Turns out for me, it right between WL and HL, and just brushes my elbows and looks fantastic! I hope it’s just as wonderful for you

Nefcerka, you did a beautifully job on the trim! Much more perfect than I ever manage That length looks beautiful, glad to hear you are happy with it.

Secret soup, your hair got very long! Congrats, it definitely looks HL to me already, even if you’d rather more of the layers join the longest strands.

Welcome to the thread, Brandt. That certainly looks WL, congrats!

I am so content with my length at hip, that I stopped taking monthly photos. I plan to do a maintenance trim of 1” in a few weeks. This should out me at just about 1/2” above HL. I’ll take a photo then to check how even my trim goes. The length is not getting in the way at ALL so I may start to grow beyond HL, and cut back to it every 4 months rather than cutting back to 30”. I am a little curious when it may start to bother me as others have been discussing, but I am on a hair health journey for now rather than one of continuous length gaining. The bug is real though, as now I seem to plan to grow to BCL and cut back to HL. Whereas before it was grow to HL & cut back to WL
    Last edited by rosenester; April 2nd, 2024 at 04:41 PM.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Great photos, Nefcerka, secret soup, and Brandt!
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mallorykay13 View Post
    Your hemline looks beautiful
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Fantastic job on that Solid form haircut, it's very straight
    Thank you Bat very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
    Looks good. I don't plan on this anytime soon, but I've certainly thought of how weird it would feel to suddenly have shorter hair, even if it were to be something like MBL. Of course, like with you, I would (if I were to choose) have that straight hemline for the first time with long hair versus more of the V-shape that I have now.
    Thank you Brandt and welcome here! Your hair looks very good and I like your picture.
    I´m already thinking of growing back to hip, lol. I think I can handle a little bit more length and a tiny bit of fairytale ends. It will be more practical to hold the buns, anyway.

Also thank you Rosenester and Lithostoic and warm welcome to Secret soup!

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Nefcerka, it looks wonderful ! Really thick and nice hemline and your hair is so shiny and healthy. Congratulations on the cut
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Nefcerka, it looks wonderful ! Really thick and nice hemline and your hair is so shiny and healthy. Congratulations on the cut
    Thank you dear Paulownia
    No length-check challenge: May 2024 - May 2025
    When it's broken, fix it. When it works, don't change it.

My Instagram

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
    I think I'm officially there--waist length. I pulled my sweatpants up to what I best perceive as my waist (not particularly flattering worn that way) to see if any hairs (hopefully more flattering!) actually reach that point. There's even a ripple in one of the "clumps" of hair, so perhaps if I combed it right to straighten it out, it would be even a bit longer. It does seem like my hair is growing a little more slowly now though, but I most certainly hope I can reach hip length eventually for my next "hair diploma"!

Great progress
    Hope you don't mind me asking.. I remember that you wrote somewhere that you always wear your hair down.
    And you have fine hair that is usually more prone to damage. I was thinking that some updos or braids could help you retain length and thickness.
    And I actually wonder - how do you manage?.I cannot wear my hair down , it's getting everywhere and falling on my face and just irritating...
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights