Page 1357 of 1377 FirstFirst ... 357857125713071347135513561357135813591367 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,570 of 13769

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post

The video is really cool! Your hair looks great
    Thank you so much, Ylva! The video was fun to film, I like watching it myself hehe

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    So nice to see pics of your hair Nefcerka and pisinoe and others.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Was that a keratin or a flat iron?
    I had an acidic treatment done and it was straightened with a flat iron indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Cool video! And, your hair looks beautiful as always!
    Tysm!

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Pisinoe, beautiful as always - are you maintaining at this point?
    Hi baanoo, it's been a while! I chopped from hip to somewhere in waist, so I'm growing it back out. I want belly button length. The chop set me back so I think it will be a few more months again, maybe ! Thank you so much! Your hair is looking straight out of a princess fairy tale!
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    Thank you so much, Ylva! The video was fun to film, I like watching it myself hehe

Thank you!

I had an acidic treatment done and it was straightened with a flat iron indeed!

Tysm!

Hi baanoo, it's been a while! I chopped from hip to somewhere in waist, so I'm growing it back out. I want belly button length. The chop set me back so I think it will be a few more months again, maybe ! Thank you so much! Your hair is looking straight out of a princess fairy tale!
    You're welcome very much!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Rant incoming

Before I started taking proper care of my hair five years ago (conditioning, protective hairstyles, no dyes), I used to get so much taper and of course split and broken ends pretty much at APL and even though I was always mostly around WL, my hair looked super thin, see-through. I also used to not trim for 3-4 years, just let it grow until I reached a point where I suddenly absolutely had to get rid of those pathetic ends and I chopped to a bob. And grew, and chopped, and all on repeat.

Thing is, even though I have been taking great care of my hair since the last pixie 5 years ago, my hair is still thin, because that´s my genetics. The only difference is that I have zero split ends and my length is smooth and shiny, but still thin. And the noticeable taper does not start at APL but at about WL now. And I have reached that intense urge to chop those thinnest ends now, like I used to in the past. It does not help that they are bunned and out of sight, because I know they are there.

I am holding on - waiting this out - till I reach TBL at Easter, 3 months away. I´m not even trimming till then as I had planned, because I don´t trust myself with scissors right now. It feels important to reach that milestone at least once in my life, because I know I will probably never go longer again. There is no point for me. I wanted to know where my terminal is, and based on calculating my taper I can safely say it´s at classic or FTL at most. And there is absolutely no point going there with 10 hairs down there. Those thin ends will also make no difference in the size of my buns and I can´t stand to see them in my thin braids.

I know some people like how fairy-like hair like mine looks. But I don´t, on myself. It´s the standard case of "grass is greener" - I would swap for a very thick or curly hair, knowing very well that those textures have their own problems to deal with.

To get to the point of this rant, which is inconsequential anyway - when I reach TBL, I am going to hack off 5-10 centimeters, maybe as high as WL at some point, and I won´t pay attention to milestones any more, but rather to being happy with my length, thickness, and hair manageability.
    Last edited by Nefcerka; December 27th, 2023 at 01:49 AM. Reason: spacing text

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I understand the frustration and the intense urge to trim. Even though we try to follow all the haircare advice, the improvements in length and thickness are neglible.

I've been toying with the idea of shoulder-length hair, it was super cute on me in high school. But I won't yet go there for a couple of years at least. I, too, want to reach my goal length at least once before I decide what to do. (I kinda wish I could have kids in a few years, and as a final straw I want to see if the famous pregnancy hormones push me to a new record.)

Do wait until spring, but if your hair still makes you unhappy then, it's ok to make changes. No need to ruin your mental well-being over hair.

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Thank you kindly for your words Sarana. I appreciate them. I do feel all sorts of things over my hair (oh the luxury of having the time to fuss, I know), but I´m not going to do anything just yet. I will stick to the plan and maintain somewhere around TBL for the next year.
    Good luck with your hair journey!

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    Still firmly at waist+ after my recent trim! Looking much better
    Me too
    Quote Originally Posted by Braided Lady View Post
    Same here!
    Me too!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

A while ago I was talking about having one-sided breakage. I thought I'd share this pic to show how dire the situation actually is. It would take at least 2 years for the right side to catch up with the rest, if I managed to get to the root cause of the breakage and stop it. I'm pretty sure that wearing a side braid over my left shoulder has been a big culprit, because as you can see the broken part is almost exactly 1/3 of my hair, like it would be divided into braid sections.

I've tried to wear a side braid over my right shoulder for balance, but because of cowlicks and stuff, my hair just doesn't want to flow that way nicely. So I've tried to minimize braid wearing altogether and do stick buns instead, but sometimes I just want to wear a braid. It feels and looks nice! I wonder if bunning can cause damage too, like if I always twist the hair a certain way? Maybe I should learn some more different buns. Mostly I wear a nautilus, sometimes LWB.

The unevenness doesn't always look this severe if I brush and style etc, but it's there underneath. Well, I'll deal with this, just wanted to rant and give a warning example

The right side of my hair is APL while the rest is HL *facepalm*

Oh, I've also thought about starting to do the braid straight down my back, but it's more difficult to do (just lack of practise I guess). But I've been liking side braids, because then you can see my hair in the front. Looking at this pic though, I think I have to stop.

Last edited by sarana; January 9th, 2024 at 07:59 AM.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Hi all!

I'm moving into this thread from the knee and beyond one
    Most likely I will be moving up with my length instead of down LOL
    (Alopecia Androgenetica makes it thin so I cut little by little when I feel it has gotten too thin at the bottom)

I think I'm now at Tailbone? (or is it between tailbone and classic)

Buns with Dragomira S sticks and with M flexi

I cut some shorter strands in the front, makes me look softer and less librarian
    I wish I had done this years ago!!!
    Sometimes I wear them just like "as is" or I can clip them back or use a headband

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    buzz/HL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Welcome, eresh!! I'm sorry to hear about your alopecia. Your hair is exceedingly beautiful! And those buns are just to die for

I have face-framing layers the same length as yours and I love them! Like you said, they soften pulled-back hairstyles so nicely. They look lovely on you!

Length
    Bald/BCL/CL

Hard to say, eresh, because where the tailbone is located differ from one person to the next.
    Anyways, very beautiful length!
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc