Page 1303 of 1496 FirstFirst ... 30380312031253129313011302130313041305131313531403 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,030 of 14959

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Length
    buzz/12/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

I'll jump in too. I've had a pixie for the last 3 years and I'm feeling done with it! My hair is currently about 3" on the top, shorter on the sides and back and natural. I'm feeling inspired bt the no-trims people on this thread and may try to just go to the end if the year without trimming and see how it feels. I'm happy to be back here!!

Length
    buzz/12/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Any no-trims people finding inspiration photos for growing from a buzz or pixie? Shags are really hot right now!

Length
    Buzz/Ear/???
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

A couple of photos of my current hair; the blue is Pravana Blue that's been in for about a month.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago in which I went to tie my hair back & realized it was almost waist length. I remember in the dream thinking that it was longer than I thought it ought to be, but I just must not have even realized how my hair was growing as time went on. Which honestly is exactly how it was last time I got past apl. So I guess that's a reminder of how I just need to leave my hair alone & it'll be longer before I know it. (Also a reminder of how happy I am with long hair! In the dream I was so excited!)

Welcome to Mega Moose & chachagrace! Happy growing!
    Growing to shoulder length from 1" buzz as of Feb 2023

Length
    Sl/Elbow/Tbl
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I love the no-trim shag look on people who have some curl or wave to their hair, but mine is pin-straight until it gets long enough for me to braid or bun so I've been trimming up the neck. I'm considering just saying "to heck with it" and wearing a hat for a few months to get some faster growth. Once it all gets at least shoulder length I can easily let it go and it will grow out nicely!

I also have been having long hair dreams. I'm all excited because I suddenly realize I can wear my ficcares again. Then I wake up! Boooo

Length
    Pixie/SL/MBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'm a little over 5 months into my grow out, and my tiny mullet is bothering me a lot. My hair is very thick and straight, and it's just bushy back there. Plus it gets sweaty during my workouts. It's too short to put up into a ponytail at the moment, but I'm afraid to cut it and regret it or have someone mess it up. So, implementing the two week rule and waiting to see how I feel by then. My original goal was no cuts for 6 months, so that'll make me closer to that anyway. I'm really tempted to just cut it all off again, but I want to be able to braid and use hair sticks so bad. I'm ready for winter so I can wear beanies to hide it already.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I wasn't planning on any mullet trims but with my bleach damage, the ends were feeling terrible. I had about a inch taken off the back and a little under 1/2 inch taken off everywhere else.
    It feels and looks a ton better now. I have some weird flippy bits in back now but I'm used to the crazy mess at this point.
    Hopefully I won't need another trim for at least 6 months.

Length
    Pixie/SL/MBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Two weeks later and still waffling on whether or not to get a trim. The main thing is that I don't really know where to go to get it done. I haven't been to my previous hairstylist since January I think. I went through two barbers before deciding to grow out. I'm also currently away at college, so I don't know what places around here are good. I really don't want to pay full price just to get a trim. And I don't want to ruin my progress. Gotta love being chronically indecisive.

Quote Originally Posted by arlangrey17 View Post
    Two weeks later and still waffling on whether or not to get a trim.
    I'd say don't do it if what you are looking for is growing it as fast as possible. You're probably going to regret it as it's going to look like it's not growing at all. But if you don't mind that as long as it looks "good" or prefer to experiment with shorter styles first this is the best time to do it. If you only want to cut the mullet you can do it yourself, it's just a simple straight cut along your neck and waiting until the top layers reach the bottom ones. You could also ask around and see how much would it cost to have it done professionally without compromise and make up your mind then. If you don't cut much the upper layers you stullt are going to see progress.

Quote Originally Posted by arlangrey17 View Post
    it gets sweaty during my workouts. It's too short to put up into a ponytail at the moment
    You can always twist and pin the back and wear a bandana for the rest while you're working out

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Moose View Post
    I love the no-trim shag look on people who have some curl or wave to their hair, but mine is pin-straight until it gets long enough for me to braid or bun so I've been trimming up the neck. I'm considering just saying "to heck with it" and wearing a hat for a few months to get some faster growth. Once it all gets at least shoulder length I can easily let it go and it will grow out nicely!
    Hairstyles! There are some simple hairstyles that help a lot with the awkward growing process.
    If your hair is still ok the shorter side:
    https://youtu.be/mPUvInw3c9w
    https://youtu.be/29R2CC0lKDc
    I mostly wear my hair in twists right now.

If your hair is a little bit longer you could make most of these hairstyles work.
    https://youtu.be/d4jpCO-MeQ8

Quote Originally Posted by Asrai View Post
    A couple of photos of my current hair; the blue is Pravana Blue that's been in for about a month.
    I have to say that I LOVE your blue streak!

Happy growing everyone!

Considering my starting point in august had my hair at about 1cm and I'd say it's now about half an inch long in most places and about 4in on top, I think this will be my main thread for a while

Any tips for dealing with the awkward stages because I'm pretty sure I'm about 2 weeks away from wanting to shave it again and I need will power. I've already started stocking up on hats to just cover it at least. But that's a little hard to do in an office setting.

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Hey shortie! xD
    I had 1,5 cm hair and grown it out, it's at some weird stage between pixie and bob (looks like a really cool layered cut with bangs, actually). Hahah, I remember, at first I felt like I need to 'fix', even out my cut. It's mostly in your head, it's because you're used to that perfection. It grown out really nice, but you need to take into account it'll be uneven and look like layers, because hair grows unevenly. Before it was long enough to fall downwards it stuck upwards and grown into, like, a mini mohawk thing? I spiked it with just water, it looked really cool and was low maintenance. I didn't had any corrective cuts and it has been fine, although I think it might be good to cut hair covering my neck now, they're a bit annoying... It still looks like it's on purpose for some reason.

I personally just can't get through 'growing out bangs' stage, it's just too annoying. I'm charging my clippers now, maybe I'll cut it all off, I'm a bit worried I'll be cold, though . Longest setting on my clippers is 35 mm, maybe I'll try that.
    Cut off tailbone hair to bob <3
    ...and then buzzed my hair off.
    I work here: mobilny dietetyk gliwice