Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your henndigoed hair!

Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Default Re: Show us your henndigoed hair!

Lovely pics, everyone! I'm that close to going back to dark brunette, got the henna, indigo and amla here already, but I'm too chicken to do it, because I don't want a reddish brown, but a more cool shade. Does amla really do the trick?

Length
    18/20.5/30
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Ninika View Post
    Does amla really do the trick?
    Not totally, no. My daughter said she could see red in my hair out in the sun. I still like it though

Ok, y'all have enabled me . I have to order more henna soon and I'm going to get some indigo as well! I'll try 50:50 first and see how I like that. I will probably eventually go to the two step henna then indigo. How black does that get? Is there still reddish tints from the henna or is it more of a blue black?

Type
    2c/M/ii

It'll be red in the sun/bright lights

Awww , even with the two step eh? I guess I can always cover with MP midnight blue, meh ANOTHER step

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    It'll be red in the sun/bright lights

janicelesa

Quote Originally Posted by Ninika View Post
    Lovely pics, everyone! I'm that close to going back to dark brunette, got the henna, indigo and amla here already, but I'm too chicken to do it, because I don't want a reddish brown, but a more cool shade. Does amla really do the trick?
    I'm newbie and haven't tried this yet. But I've read that you have to add the indigo to the henna within 10-15 minutes of mixing and use it right away. Check out the henna for hair or the henna sooq sites, they both explain the henna-indigo procedure well

janicelesa

Quote Originally Posted by tangocurl View Post
    I'm wondering how quickly you have to get the one-step henndigo on your hair so that the indigo doesn't die before it dyes. I'm also curious if this is any different for those of you who use lush bars vs. BAQ one step.
    Thanks!
    Oops! I replied to the wrong post, i meant to response to tangocurl:
    I'm newbie and haven't tried this yet. But I've read that you have to add the indigo to the henna within 10-15 minutes of mixing and use it right away. Check out the henna for hair or the henna sooq sites, they both explain the henna-indigo procedure well

Length
    17.25/17.25/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tangocurl View Post
    I'm wondering how quickly you have to get the one-step henndigo on your hair so that the indigo doesn't die before it dyes. I'm also curious if this is any different for those of you who use lush bars vs. BAQ one step.
    Thanks!
    You have about an hour before the indigo demises (so if you want to get the whole benefit from it, mix it up and apply immediately, then keep on for an hour).

I mix my henna the night before (with hot water and some lemon juice) and let it sit. In the morning I mix my indigo (with hot water) and then mix them together and slop it all on immediately. I only have to keep it on for an hour (because after that the indigo isn't doing anything, just the henna, and it is all I can stand to have mud on my hair) and then I rinse it out without any issues. It's pretty simple actually.
    Last edited by Rapunzal2Be; December 15th, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
    Chin...Shoulder...Collarbone...APL...BSL...Waist!
    << I miss this hair
    DanielleDoucette.com

Type
    3b/M/C/i/ii

This is my first henndigo using 55 indigo/45 henne/25 alma.

I'm not sure how to add my hair pics to this message so I'll just paste the link: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...p?albumid=5549

Type
    1c/F/i

That's mine, in my avatar!