Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Those are all salon brands, so definitely belong here Hope they work out for you!
    Thanks! I'm probably washing tonight and am going to try the B&B first. I'm really interested in the Redken conditioner too but I try to only change one thing at a time so I can know what's working (or not).

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    Thanks! I'm probably washing tonight and am going to try the B&B first. I'm really interested in the Redken conditioner too but I try to only change one thing at a time so I can know what's working (or not).
    I'm very interested or that Redken conditioner too, so waiting for your review
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

These are some products that have been repeat buys over the years, that I really like:

-Paul Mitchell Shampoos Two, Three, Awapuhi and Baby Don’t Cry
    -Biolage Normalizing Clean Reset Shampoo
    -Aveda Color Enhancing Shampoos & Conditioners
    -Matrix Brass Off line

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Bumble & Bumble UV/heat protectant spray, I am not so impressed. My hair was tanglier than usual even after I layered my usual serum over it. Maybe because it has so many natural oils and fewer silicones? It did smell good, might give it another chance at some point.

Trying the Redken Extreme Length conditioner next, probably on Tuesday.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    pixie/shldr/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

My two cents!

So I'm fairly new to professional haircare, and the main issue is that a lot of awesome things just aren't available or easily accessible in my country. That is slowly changing, but I still usually can't find some recommendations.

What I love about professional haircare is the fact that the products usually last forever. In my opinion, pays off way more than piling, and buying like five mediocre or straight up bad drugstore products.

Since my budget is veeery limited, I've only bought masks and heat protectors that'd fall into the professional category - not shampoos and such. I use a generic local shampoo brand, and the conditioner I use is also just to help me detangle. I still mix this with more 'traditional' stuff, like oiling my hair (my mum's Cuban, go figure) and using henna - I enjoy the process of oiling and hennaing my hair and it isn't doing any harm, so why not.

So here are the products I used so far:

Selective Professional Amino Keratin - I wasn't blown away by this one. I think there are much better protein masks in a similar or a bit higher price range.
    Selective Hemp Sublime - Oh boy, I love this one! As a lower price range, but still a professional brand, this does a really good job! I love the smell as well, an I bought a serum from the same line recently (haven't opened it yet tho) that seems promising. If you don't need some really heavy duty hydrating masks (like Redken All Soft), this one is for you. It's also good for starting with professional haircare - since it's less of a splurge. Damn, might buy it again soon.
    Redken All Soft - Okay so I only had a few tester packets of this one, didn't buy the whole thing yet, because I still haven't spent the mask I'm currently using. But boy is it good! One of the well known top tier masks, and that title is in my opinion very well-deserved. Definitely on my shopping list.

Now for the ones I'm currently using!
    Redken Extreme Strength Builder - probably the most recommended protein mask I've heard of. I'll be honest. Since I'm new to all this, I'm still a sucker for instant effects, which is definitely something you'll get from a conditioning/hydrating mask, but not from a protein one. I do think that the time between trims needed is much longer than before using this mask, so I'd say it does it's job really well. On the other hand, I'd also factor in the fact that I'm now giving my hair a better overall care. I'd probably see a bigger difference if I stopped using it, tho.
    Revlon Orofluido Mask - A very nice conditioning mask. I'm spending it at such a slow rate that I'm a bit bored of it, to be honest, but it is a great product nonetheless. It's a bit harder to rinse than the, say, Selective Hemp Sublime one, but your hair is very nice and soft after it.
    KEUNE Keratin Smoothing 2 Phase Spray - this is actually a product somewhere between the drugstore and professional range. It is very good for the price, does a nice job with detangling and smoothing your hair, and it's a heat protector. I never tried another 'serious' product of this type, but I'm very happy with this one.

Recommendations?
    I wanted to ask if someone could recommend an anti-frizz, heavy duty smoothening product. My hair is between weird waves and curls, and I find it easier to manage when I straighten it. It still tend to be frizzy, because the stray hairs wave/curl up. Not sure what kind of product would help. Is there a good straightening cream?
    Lady Ysera, Mistress of Dreams in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

So I finally placed my order my products should come next Tuesday. Itching to test
    First time in my life I'm going to have Kerastase. What a feeling
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Thanks for the detailed post, LemonadeCandy! I'm starting to be interested in the All Soft line, particularly the "argan" oil (if anyone has tried the oil let me know, I want to get it but there doesn't seem to be a travel size I could try first). I'm hearing a lot about it. I'm new too so no advice on a product that might be good for your issue.

paulownia I hope you tell us how you like it!

I tried the Redken Extreme Length conditioner last wash and while it's not bad I also don't notice much of a difference as opposed to my HE conditioner. I think I might clarify and try it again, in case buildup is a factor. I'll definitely try to use it up either way.

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeCandy View Post
    Recommendations?
    I wanted to ask if someone could recommend an anti-frizz, heavy duty smoothening product. My hair is between weird waves and curls, and I find it easier to manage when I straighten it. It still tend to be frizzy, because the stray hairs wave/curl up. Not sure what kind of product would help. Is there a good straightening cream?
    If you're straightening your hair, the best heat-activated smoothening product I've tried so far is the Kérastase Nectar Thermique. I've also heard good things about the Straight balm from Bumble&Bumble. Kérastase Discipline would also be good. Seal it with an oil like the Kérastase Elixir Ultime, or the Sebastian Dark Oil if your hair is very/dry frizzy (this is heavier) or another one. That's how I do mine . For maintenance I use the L'oréal Pro Longer because I'm a bit lazy to use heat these days and this still does the job. Doesn't leave my hair as sleek and glossy as Kérastase but that one only works with heat.

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    So I finally placed my order my products should come next Tuesday. Itching to test
    First time in my life I'm going to have Kerastase. What a feeling

Congratulations! I hope you like them, do let us know how it goes for you!

I think I'm gonna order the Blonde line for my friend as a gift, and the Genesis range for myself if my hair fall doesn't ease up after I go to the doctor's tomorrow and get some treatments.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    pixie/shldr/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Hey pisinoe, thanks for the recommendations! I'm going to check what's available in my country.
    Lady Ysera, Mistress of Dreams in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I tested my Kerastase products today.
    Shampoo ( Résistance Bain Extentioniste) is very nice. Foams up in really fluffy suds and cleanses well. Nice, fresh scent, very salon-like. Hair felt somehow thicker when I was rinsing.
    The mask ( Spécifique Masque Hydra-Apaisant) is absolutely divine. Consistency - gel/cream, very light. My scalp felt very soothed after it and combing hair was a breeze. Not a single tangle.
    My waves dried nicely in loose clumps and turned out great.
    Now when hair is completely dry I feel like its gently coated, like slightly waxed but in a positive way. And great shine
    I'm very pleased.
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights