Page 13 of 252 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Length
    3"/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

mmk so my hair is still wet and I'm thinking the honey's getting it to frizz up around the top... maybe less honey next time...
    From a shorty to a long hair, how long shall it take???

Lady Tisiphone of the Avenging Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    22/waist/38
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Well! I just did an SMT for the first time and have to say that I'm THRILLED with the results!!

I was worried that it was going to be hard to rinse the honey out of my hair for some reason, and actually, the SMT cleaned my hair really well with a bit of CO afterwards. I had quite a bit of oil and shea in my hair and was worried I'd have to resort to shampoo to get it out, but I put on the SMT- wrapped some plastic wrap on my head, and let it marinate for an hour. It washed out easily and beautifully and left me with lovely shiny hair!

Length
    16 "/20"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

I have my SMT mix in my hair. I'll let it stay for a an hour or so. I put some of my Lavera conditioner, honey and aloe vera gel, but I overheated :S I hope it will not become a problem.

Type
    2a/M/iii

I bought some honey and aloe vera gel today so I could try SMT I have it in my hair right now. Can't wait to see how it turns out
    Last edited by Bianca; November 3rd, 2008 at 02:43 PM.
    Waiting for waist

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Please please convince me there’s no harm in heating up a chemical conditioner!
    I hear here people getting great results, but I can’t seem to understand how they are not worried taking that conditioner, that they have no idea what’s in it, what chemicals, how do they react to high temperature, maybe they deform, produce toxics in a chemical heat induced processes, and then they go on and rub it onto their precious hair.
    If I feel I get great results with 100% natural and safe EVOO in a hot oil treatment, should I bother/consider SMT?

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Type
    2a/M/iii

Tried SMT today and I didn't know my hair could be so soft
    Waiting for waist

Length
    18"/BSL/term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

ok Im home sick today, and thought that pampering myself would help me feel better.

so Im going to do my first SMT...

my hair is right now fairly greasy from sweating from the fever, do I need to clean my hair first? or can I just apply it and let it sit for a few hours?
    Sail Away where no ball and chain can keep us from the roaring waves Captain Adiranna Brightwing of the Flame-Sailed Ship in the Order of the long Haired Knights

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    Please please convince me there’s no harm in heating up a chemical conditioner!
    I hear here people getting great results, but I can’t seem to understand how they are not worried taking that conditioner, that they have no idea what’s in it, what chemicals, how do they react to high temperature, maybe they deform, produce toxics in a chemical heat induced processes, and then they go on and rub it onto their precious hair.
    If I feel I get great results with 100% natural and safe EVOO in a hot oil treatment, should I bother/consider SMT?
    I really don't think you should bother worrying about this! My chemist BF says the substances are inert enough (and have gone through enough animal and human testing, lol) that there would be no harm from heating...but his doctorate is in inorganic chemistry, not biochem.

SMTs with "natural" ('cone and artificial perfume free) conditioners have given me wonderful results. Much better than oiling, which weighs my hair down and require multiple shampoos to get out of my scalp.

Ultimately it is your decision. If you are uncomfortable heating conditioner, don't do it.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Katze View Post
    I really don't think you should bother worrying about this! My chemist BF says the substances are inert enough (and have gone through enough animal and human testing, lol) that there would be no harm from heating...but his doctorate is in inorganic chemistry, not biochem.

SMTs with "natural" ('cone and artificial perfume free) conditioners have given me wonderful results. Much better than oiling, which weighs my hair down and require multiple shampoos to get out of my scalp.

Ultimately it is your decision. If you are uncomfortable heating conditioner, don't do it.
    That's true. I won't do something I'm uncomfortable with, and that attitude is what I really love about TLHC. But I've seen quite few recipes that people swear by and include conditioner being heated. So on one hand I really want to try them, but on the other hand I'm rationally recoiled.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

In the South where grits are a staple and frog legs are a delicacy.
    Length
    <1"/waist/btsme
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Fencai View Post
    ok Im home sick today, and thought that pampering myself would help me feel better.

so Im going to do my first SMT...

my hair is right now fairly greasy from sweating from the fever, do I need to clean my hair first? or can I just apply it and let it sit for a few hours?
    Up to you. I've applied after a fresh shampoo and on dirty, dry hair. Both ways give me good results (and yummy smelling hair).