Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Length
    pixie/pixie/TBD
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Quote Originally Posted by CopperHead View Post
    My hair is still loving these products and I will never switch to anything else. H G for me too.
    Me three!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chelles2kids View Post

I'm very glad to hear that there doesn't seem to be any scalp build-up from the shampoos...I tend to have problems with this from time to time.

Also I just wanted to say thank-you to everyone who's posted in this thread and given their reviews, both good & so-so.
    This way I have a much better understanding of any roblems/concerns that others might have had.
    Actually, I am continually amazed that I have experienced no buildup. I would expect to have to clarify every once and a while but, so far, I haven't had to do so.

I'm glad that you're finding the candid reviews helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritseeker View Post
    Me three!
    Woot! I'm glad to hear that they're working so well for you, too, spiritseeker!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    Short/35/Long
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Thank-you again Neoma for all of you're help!

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased the "mini skirt" scent? If so what did you think of it?

Okay I came back to 'edit' this post because I wanted to add that I ended up making my first purchase last night...I'm really looking forward to getting my 'goodies' to see how they'll work on my hair.
    I ordered a bottle of the "Unscented 'poo", a jar of the deep conditioner & body spray in the mini skirt scent.

Once I recieve my order, which I *hope* will be by Wed., or else I'll have to wait until after Thanksgiving to try it out, I'll be sure and follow-up with my review!
    Last edited by chelles2kids; November 19th, 2010 at 07:36 AM.
    Michelle in middle Tennessee!

Account Closed by Member Request

So here's my feedback....I chose the milk and honey scent (I smell a tinge of almond), yummy!!...and the white tea & ginger....smells clean. The scents are not too strong, very subtle.
    I got a bottle of the leave-in and a sample of the hair cream.

I used some of the cream in the lower half of my hair after co-washing. It was easy to detangle....I will try it as a deep treatment later as well. So far so good.

Leave-in: First impression...too runny. I'm thinking it won't moisturize enough. Put some in wet hair, then a bit more after I took it out of the towel. My hair felt soft and silky!! I styled as usual and my hair is shiny. I think this is going to work great in my hair because it's light yet moisturizing. I think I've been overdoing it on heavy leave-ins lately and this gave my curls the volume I'd been missing. Will update again after I've used it a few more times.

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curlsgalore View Post
    So here's my feedback....I chose the milk and honey scent (I smell a tinge of almond), yummy!!...and the white tea & ginger....smells clean. The scents are not too strong, very subtle.
    I got a bottle of the leave-in and a sample of the hair cream.

I used some of the cream in the lower half of my hair after co-washing. It was easy to detangle....I will try it as a deep treatment later as well. So far so good.

Leave-in: First impression...too runny. I'm thinking it won't moisturize enough. Put some in wet hair, then a bit more after I took it out of the towel. My hair felt soft and silky!! I styled as usual and my hair is shiny. I think this is going to work great in my hair because it's light yet moisturizing. I think I've been overdoing it on heavy leave-ins lately and this gave my curls the volume I'd been missing. Will update again after I've used it a few more times.
    Isn't it amazing how it just soaks right into the hair? I have never been able to just use a leave in and this one works like magic. It never seems to build up either.

chelles2kids, I have the Mini Skirt scent and it is light and feminine. I like it alot.

Length
    Short/35/Long
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

chelles2kids, I have the Mini Skirt scent and it is light and feminine. I like it alot.
    Thank-you so very much for you're review! I feel better now.
    I wasn't really sure about some of her scents, so I was hoping this one wouldn't be too 'strong' for me.

That's one of the reasons that I decided to go with the Unscented shampoo so that it maybe wouldn't be overkill, with layering so many products with the same scent.
    Michelle in middle Tennessee!

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

You are very welcome, chelles2kids. I find her products are very lightly scented and pleasant. I have been using her shower gels and now I don't like my Philosophy ones anymore. I will only use her gels from now on. I ordered a lotion today and will report back on that too.

I couldn't resist ordering the Black Licorice shampoo and conditioner today. I love that scent in my hair.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chelles2kids View Post
    Thank-you again Neoma for all of you're help!
    You're very welcome, chelles2kids.

Quote Originally Posted by curlsgalore View Post

curlsgalore, it really is amazing how that "runny" leave-in works so darn well! My hair drinks it right up.

You are very welcome, chelles2kids. I find her products are very lightly scented and pleasant. I have been using her shower gels and now I don't like my Philosophy ones anymore. I will only use her gels from now on. I ordered a lotion today and will report back on that too.

I couldn't resist ordering the Black Licorice shampoo and conditioner today. I love that scent in my hair.
    CopperHead, the fact that you prefer your shower gel over Philosophy speaks volumes about the quality of her products.

Yum! Black Licorice! Did I mention ?

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    pixie/meh/Meh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by melikai View Post
    It's too bad she doesn't ship outside of the US. I was going to order some, then saw that.

She might, still. She shipped to Guam. BTW - loving her products! Forgot to post my review here, but I did on her facebook page. You could always try emailing her to ask if she'd ship your way?

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post

CopperHead, the fact that you prefer your shower gel over Philosophy speaks volumes about the quality of her products.

Yum! Black Licorice! Did I mention ?
    My dad was raving about his Oakmoss shower gel the other day. I had a few skin problems and now they are clearing up since using her shower gel. I have two more gels coming. Balsam and Coconut Lemongrass. I also have a Linen Breeze lotion ordered too. I will gladly be the tester for these bath and body products.