Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd reasons you want longer hair!

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: Odd reasons you want longer hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Astraea View Post
    I have these dramatic Krystal v. Alexis Carrington fantasies of a thinly-veiled verbal catfight (during a cocktail party or the like, of course), where I appear unruffled but just as I coolly turn to walk away, arrogantly toss my head in a flourish so that my TBL dutch pony braid cracks like a whip and smacks my foe across the face!

I, of course, graciously go speak to other guests with a triumphant smile and pretend nothing happened. I've have no conception of how my 'hair whip' fantasy could be pulled off in real life, but in my mind it works. Perhaps I just watch too many soap operas, it's a very soapy effect - and also my odd reason for growing out my hair.
    Been there, done that. Well, pony tail...a braid would be an hazard for actual injury! Accidentally, took off someones glasses once.

To get the whip effect, it pretty much requires your braid be in front of you, and some upper body motion in addition to your neck...be careful not to tweak your neck...kinda messes up the effect if you cringe in pain after. ps: this is for CL or longer...you should be able to whip braids shorter with your hair behind you...at longer lengths, your reach will be more to the sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    I know I can cover my entire frontage with my hair right now but it would be obvious I was either naked or had on a bikini/thong. However I would never post it here even if it met the guidelines! lol.
    Lets just say that the first image I posted here didn't meet the guidelines completely...and there was no doubt about what I was or was not wearing. I'd say that I try to respect the rules, but I know I have posted images on TLHC that only technically met the standards. I guess I should go for a redo on my mermaid picture! Yes, the image was removed, and contact was made with me. opsie:
    Hmm, in another couple years I could put my hair down my shirt in back and make it look like a horse's tail sticking out the bottom. I am sure Trolley could pull this off already, and anyone else at knee+
    Short horsetail, but yes. Should do some pictures on that subject. It leads to unpleasant tangles pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharysa View Post
    If you're not average height (five and a half feet) or taller, apparently long hair is going to smother you, make you look like you're perpetually twelve, or make you look like Cousin It. Granted, most people who say that are magazines or hairstylists who stay on top of trends.

I'm five feet tall. Challenge accepted to get famous as much for having insanely long and well-kept hair as for acting chops.

Speaking of well-kept hair, I want to grow it waist to classic length so that when I DO become a famous actress, I'm still going to do my hair myself.

SCREW YOU, OVERPRICED CELEBRITY HAIRSTYLISTS.
    "Smother" - Well that is MY lookout, huh?
    "12" - not so good when you are young, but eventually, hey! Getting carded when you are entitled to the senior discount? WIN!
    "Cousin Itt" - Aaannnd? Bad thing where? Plus...bonus cheap Halloween costume!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I would like to have hair longer than everyone I know... currently my niece has hair about an inch longer than mine, but I'm sure she doesn't want waist even.

ETA: Excluding you lovely LHC'ers of course, I couldn't outgrow you guys...
    Ain't that the Truth! Grrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Hmmm... I'm five foot 10!
    Ahh, so you hear the "You are too tall for long hair"?

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by naiadryade View Post
    lmao astraea, that might be the most original one yet!

I wonder if there is a poll about this yet? It would be fun to see the bar graphs... How common, for example, is wanting long hair to look more like an elf/mythical being/renaissance painting? How overwhelmingly a majority grow their hair because they enjoy the feeling of it against more and more of their skin? How many of us like the idea of being naked but revealing nothing? Etc

if it doesn't exist yet, i would create it.
    you should create it!!!

Length
    13.2/40,7/54
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh how could I forget! Anime, all the awesome long hairs there and how it flows so pretty and perfect. I was realy into anime and I even concidered different colours depending on what character I liked the most XD I used to want to live in an anime world :P

I am 5 foot 3 inch, in sweden that is small but in asia I think that would be average or even tall?

you who are tall do have a woman/models height in my opinion ! I have to come up with "good to be small" things all the time to not feel.. well.. to short/childlike. but, long hair I shall have anyway :P!
    Growing natural: none -> pixie-> classic
    Essence of glory,
    Beauty from within.
    My hair, my sin

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Astraea View Post
    I have these dramatic Krystal v. Alexis Carrington fantasies of a thinly-veiled verbal catfight (during a cocktail party or the like, of course), where I appear unruffled but just as I coolly turn to walk away, arrogantly toss my head in a flourish so that my TBL dutch pony braid cracks like a whip and smacks my foe across the face!
    I love that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischamiu View Post
    So when someday I'm not happy with myself I can put it down and feel better
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseCheeses View Post
    Also admitting a desire to win the secret hair-length competition.
    Oh well, me too... I only have one long haired friend, she's kind of WL and 80% of it is extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Allychan View Post
    Because the girls in highschool had such beautiful long hair, mine was always crunchy and dry (from overprocessing) and it made me feel ugly.
    I longed for their type of hair the way they'd flip their long fringes (bangs) and it would just hang from their heads so beautifully. Sigh
    I have the exact same reason! I got tired of watching healthy, long, beautiful hair flip that wasn't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    I counteract my normally quiet demeanor by having hair that positively screams.
    Ed
    I really like this one.
    Hand made crystal jewelry and art: https://spellofhexu.com/
    SL - SL - SL - SL - APL - BSL - WL - HIP?

to pass as a girl lol

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by clanless View Post
    to pass as a girl lol
    Awesome.
    Hand made crystal jewelry and art: https://spellofhexu.com/
    SL - SL - SL - SL - APL - BSL - WL - HIP?

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sadia View Post
    For those of you who mentioned wanting long hair because you guys liked the idea of it covering your private parts and for those who wanted the mermaid like effect... I found something online. The pictures show a lot of skin except of course the parts that are actually covered by the hair. So look at them at your own risk. lol

http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68014
    Those are GREAT pics! Very artistic and tastefully done! I have always wanted to do one like where she is laying on the beach and her hair is spread around in a fan-like pattern around her. She has STUNNING hair! I wonder if she is here?

Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    I counteract my normally quiet demeanor by having hair that positively screams.
    Ed
    I love this! DANG we need a LIKE button here.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Lady Amalthea. Nuff said.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nae View Post
    Lady Amalthea. Nuff said.
    Along with Clearbrook.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    ear/CB/WL:31
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SlipJig View Post
    Like so many here, my "odd" reasons for growing my hair long are Tolkien (/ Peter Jackson's films) and folklore and mythology (mermaids, faeries, goddesses, etc.). I am also feeling so much more comfortable with my appearance, and more feminine, now that I am growing my hair out... and it is only at shoulder so far! I had a pixie for years. The difference is unbelievable. I am feeling more like "me." Maybe a little "odd," too, is that for the first time ever, I do not have bangs (well... I am growing them out for the first time ever, they are not gone yet), and it's as if I have a face for the first time ever! I am learning to embrace my face, haha. I no longer resemble a sheepdog. It is great to feel so much less self-conscious and comfortable in my own skin month by month: also a natural consequence of outgrowing teenagerhood, I guess.
    Just want to jump in to say that, SlipJig, I think we are the same person, and you said this all much better than I ever could have

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by YumiYume View Post
    I am 5 foot 3 inch, in sweden that is small but in asia I think that would be average or even tall?

you who are tall do have a woman/models height in my opinion ! I have to come up with "good to be small" things all the time to not feel.. well.. to short/childlike. but, long hair I shall have anyway :P!
    Coming from a tall girl, try your best to savor and be grateful for every fullbody hug you get, especially the kind where you tuck your head beneath the chin of the other person. I haven't been able to do that sort of thing since I was 12! And forget being picked up, spun around, carried, or any of that romcom stuff
    I'd love to be short. We all want what we can't have
    Last edited by dollyfish; January 18th, 2013 at 08:47 AM.
    ***2a/b, 4.75"**Arctic Fox => pink***
    ~chin~shoulder~collarbone~armpit~brastrap~waist~