Page 1202 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 20270211021152119212001201120212031204121212521302 ... LastLast
Results 12,011 to 12,020 of 13035

Thread: Armpit | Midback

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: from APL to MBL come grow with me!

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    This is a great time for braids and updos! Have you tried french or dutch braids? I like to do them on freshly washed hair that only JUST dried, and then leaving it in as long as possible... amazing braid waves!
    I promise that this too shall pass! I felt very similarly when I was growing between neck length and APL, but now I've gotten to the point that I don't really care if I am "bland" because it'll be SO worth it in the end
    Just keep your eyes on the prize, and practice "benign neglect". +Remember that you are so much more interesting than your hair, anyway! That goes for all of us here!
    When you're an active member of a hair forum it's really easy to get so caught up in your hair that you tie your self-worth to it, but you're just as worthy whether your hair is a buzz cut or to the floor.
    This is such a nice sentiment, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy hahah. It's sometimes overwhelming to place so much importance on hair, which will (often, stubbornly) grow at its own pace, so waiting for it to get long can be a frustrating process. Because thats all you can do- wait! Thank you for the reminder to be patient and love myself any way I am 😇

‐------------------------------------

Okay, I'm moving up to the next thread! Thank you for the encouragement everyone. Ahhh milestones feel like such a victory!! 🥰

Length
    20"/20"/48"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    +Remember that you are so much more interesting than your hair, anyway! That goes for all of us here!
    When you're an active member of a hair forum it's really easy to get so caught up in your hair that you tie your self-worth to it, but you're just as worthy whether your hair is a buzz cut or to the floor.

Such a great reminder, Oxalis! ♥
    Here we grow again!

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

April 24:

Oct 1:

A little less than 6 months a part and definitely not three inches, but I was going scissor crazy so poo on me. Hair is still feeling dry, ends are unhappy due to probably not sharp enough shears. My hair is freshly washed in the second picture and the frizziness shows just how unhappy it is. Still rotating out products and trying to find out what will work.....
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    April 24:

Oct 1:

A little less than 6 months a part and definitely not three inches, but I was going scissor crazy so poo on me. Hair is still feeling dry, ends are unhappy due to probably not sharp enough shears. My hair is freshly washed in the second picture and the frizziness shows just how unhappy it is. Still rotating out products and trying to find out what will work.....
    Doesn't look like you lost much length
    What products are you using now? Do you have some silicones in your routine?
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

April 24:

Oct 1:

I don't see you losing length? That's (IMO) a lot of growth if you were going scissor happy in between.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Doesn't look like you lost much length
    What products are you using now? Do you have some silicones in your routine?
    Thanks!! But i can't help but wonder where it'd be if I hadn't been snipping around in there. I'll post a pic of what my layers look like once my hair dries. It makes my hair look very thin.

Oh goodness I'm using a little bit of everything haha. I have one product with cones which is Cantu Argan leave in, I've been rotating between that and Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie for the C part of my LCO. I'm using Maui Moisture ultra hold gel or Uncle Funkys curly magic, still not sure which one I like more but I switch to avoid coconut oil.

Outside of that I'm silicone free, I rotate sulfates every other week since I use pretty heavy oils and a lot of product. I have noticed that even sulfate free shampoos make my hair feels horrific, but my clarifying shampoos don't, so I'm going to test this theory by picking up some v05 and seeing if gentle washes just aren't it for me somehow.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    I don't see you losing length? That's (IMO) a lot of growth if you were going scissor happy in between.
    Thanks! It's really hard for me to tell what I might have lost since I didn't do a before after, just sort of... went for it. Maybe I didn't take much off the longest layer? The front of my hair definitely did suffer, though.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Satiny beanie, you say? Sounds like it's time for me to do some shopping I could use some more head coverings in general!
    Yes, my satin lined beanie is legitimately one of my favourite things that I own!! Mine's from "Breezy Tee" and it's stood the test of time, still going strong after 3 years <3
    Just trying to get by

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    This is such a nice sentiment, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy hahah. It's sometimes overwhelming to place so much importance on hair, which will (often, stubbornly) grow at its own pace, so waiting for it to get long can be a frustrating process. Because thats all you can do- wait! Thank you for the reminder to be patient and love myself any way I am ��

‐------------------------------------

Okay, I'm moving up to the next thread! Thank you for the encouragement everyone. Ahhh milestones feel like such a victory!! ��
    Congrats Grad!!!!

(and I'm really glad yall appreciated my motivational speech ahaha! I want everyone to feel good and confident!! )
    Last edited by 0xalis; October 6th, 2021 at 01:32 PM.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I'm traveling again and my hair is so dry and knotted. I ordered some new products to try to switch things up and distract myself, but actually getting the time to wash my hair is an issue on its own. If I'm lucky I'll have time Saturday, but everything I touch it it's either knots or tons of shedding. It really needs some conditioning if that'd even help