Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Archived Forums - Now Available

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    I just thought I'd mention that what I did, instead of using the 'download this thread' feature', I saved each page of the thread, using the File:Save Page As option on my browser, and saved them as 'web page complete'. I just made up file names listing the page number, ending in .htm the way the software seemed to prefer.

I've wound up with a) a group of documents, named as I selected, and b) a group of folders, apparently containing other information concerning the files. To access, I click the document.

I just mention it, because I found the 'text only' option pretty hard to read.
    I copied the text into a Word document, very easy to read and looks rather neat. My journal was way too long (~50 pages) for saving each page individually.

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla View Post
    The archived forums are now available.

<SQUEEEE> I just found the hair toy thread!! Thank you all so much for making the archives accessible. Do you know when/if we'll be able to log in so we can access all the archives?
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla View Post
    For anyone having login problems, any time you switch between the active forums and the archive forums you must to intentionally "Log Out" of one site before you can login to the other.

We're looking into the possibility of integrating the two better in the future, but for now that's the best we can do.
    Oh hehehehe I guess I should've read more before I posted. Works like a charm!
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Thank you SO much for doing this
    Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    I just thought I'd mention that what I did, instead of using the 'download this thread' feature', I saved each page of the thread, using the File:Save Page As option on my browser, and saved them as 'web page complete'. I just made up file names listing the page number, ending in .htm the way the software seemed to prefer.

I've wound up with a) a group of documents, named as I selected, and b) a group of folders, apparently containing other information concerning the files. To access, I click the document.

I just mention it, because I found the 'text only' option pretty hard to read.
    and thank you, Delilah, because this means I will (I hope) be able to keep my photo journal intact with pictures rather than just text with photolinks.

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Banned
    Length
    buzz/29.0/40
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Thank you very much!

Length
    28"/33"/Term.
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I can't figure out how to access my old private journal. I can't even remember how many posts it contained....only that it it was named 'At Long Last'. I hope I can figure this out or get some help.

Steph......thanks for all the work you've put into getting the archives back.
    Blog:Photos:TBB
    ~Lady Rosa of the Sacred Grotto in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ladiosaRosa View Post
    I can't figure out how to access my old private journal. I can't even remember how many posts it contained....only that it it was named 'At Long Last'. I hope I can figure this out or get some help.
    Here is the link to your journal in the archives: http://archive.longhaircommunity.com...t=At+Long+Last
    remember to log out of here, the new LHC, before you try to log into the archives

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by aisling View Post
    I copied the text into a Word document, very easy to read and looks rather neat. My journal was way too long (~50 pages) for saving each page individually.
    You can set your preferences to increase the number of posts per page. I keep mine set at forty, the maximum, just to minimize the amount of clicking I need to do. Set like that, my old journal was only eight pages long. Big pages, but still, easier to view than otherwise.

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there any way for members of the LHC who joined on the new site to log in and search the old site? When I try to my access is denied. I'd just really like to look for all the great information everyone here has been referring to.

~~CurlyNinja~~3A/M/ii~~

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Oh good! I just downloaded mine as a txt document. Glad to have it back Thanks Steph!