Page 12 of 252 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Can someone tell me, is using the SMT as a preshampoo deep treatment defeating it's purpose. This is the way I have been using it as I like to use preshampoo treatments. I do shampoo and then follow with a conditioner anyways.

I'd like to add a gentle warning for those who do SMT type treatments with molasses instead of honey. If you're the klutzy type that tends to get the conditioning glop on every surface but your hair do not for the love of god absent mindedly lick your mouth when you get some on there because your brain goes 'molasses=hey that's edible, right?'. You will realize a half second later you've just managed to consume molasses flavored *conditioner* and you will proceed to feel like the worlds biggest moron.

(Hey kids, paint chips off the wall also taste like candy. Won't hurt you, I promise. The adults are just lying to you and trying to keep all the paint chips for themselves.)

Length
    28.5/35/??
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I am happy to report another conditioner that can be added to the list. I used Suave Naturals Coconut successfully two weeks ago. It made for some absolutely yummy smelling stuff!

I made two batches, one for me and one for sis. Hers I nuked so the honey wouldn't do any color change. Mine I didn't. The end result after an hour left on? No color change for either of us. But maybe my hair is too dark for the honey to do any appreciable lightening.

Length
    --/Fgrtp/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebuddy View Post
    Can someone tell me, is using the SMT as a preshampoo deep treatment defeating it's purpose. This is the way I have been using it as I like to use preshampoo treatments. I do shampoo and then follow with a conditioner anyways.
    You shouldn't need to shampoo at all afterwards. I damp my hair then smt and rinse out.
    I use aussie 3mm for mine. My hair always feels squeeky clean afterwards so shampoo seems redundant.

But if your method is still giving you good results then carry on.

Length
    14 in/30 in/hip
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

wow, seriously I just did this yesterday and I only left it on for about 30 minutes. I know I should go longer but I have lots of kids LOL and no heat cap. Anyway, I combed through it as I was rinsing it and I was AMAZED at how my hair did not break. I just had a baby so alot of my extra pregnancy hair has been coming out, especially when I wash but I did SMT as a CO wash and I may have lost 4 hairs. This is crazy cool. My hair is not greasy at all and easier to brush. I did have one or two spots of honey clump up after it dried but nothing I couldnt brush out. I am a newb so I would imagine I am not perfect doing this yet. My hair looks fly away-ish but I have it highlighted so I think it would look that way anyway. I may try the oil or glycerin idea. Anyway, thanks Snowy...you could put that Chaz Dean guy out of business! (Wen haircare)

Keeper of the Snowflakes Snowymoon's Avatar
    Length
    19/43/Floor
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Just popping in to say thank you, Mandeloo. I am glad the treatment worked so well for you.
    Last edited by Snowymoon; October 18th, 2008 at 09:45 PM.

~*Snowymoon*~

Length
    14 in/30 in/hip
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I may never put shampoo in my hair again. Last night I decided after 3 days (or was it 4 I lost count) of not shampooing my hair I would put the VO5 and aloe (no honey) in my hair, rinse, shampoo ONLY the scalp area, rinse, then my regular conditioner with protein and cones (on aformentioned scalp area), rinse well. My hair looks hell of funny today, the area where I shampooed is all poofy and the rest of my hair is smooth and pretty. Shampoo sucks! Ban it! Make it go awaaaaaay.
    I had a great aunt who came from Italy, she got a tidbit of advice from an old barber once who told her never to shampoo her hair. She used water only for her entire life and never smelled bad and had gorgeous long hair til the day she died.
    Right on Snowy, I called nearly every woman in my family yesterday giving them the SMT, especially my grandmother who suffers from severe hair breakage. I figured if it kept my hair from coming out it may help her too.

Length
    22/waist/38
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I need to pick up some aloe gel so I can make some of this!

QUESTIONS:

1- Can I make up a big batch of this to store at room temp (I don't see how anything in it would go bad).

2- I haven't (yet) put honey in my hair- with these amounts does your hair get sticky when you put it on?

Thanks!!

Once I pick up some shea butter and aloe I think I'll have all the ingredients to make any number of mad-hair-scientist recipes!

Length
    Chin/Nape/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I've read that people use honey to lighten their hair. Does the honey in this mix lighten hair? (I like my dark hair, so if there's any chance of lightening, I'll pass). Thanks in advance.

Length
    3"/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Alright my first ever SMT. It's on my head ATM and I'm hungry so pretty soon I will get up and fix myself a sandwich... :stomach growls: The following is in my SMT

**1 part V05 Split Ends with panthenol (not really specifically this is just the last bottle I have left. Must add "go conditioner shopping" to my to-do list)

**1/4 honey

**1/4 NO-AD Aloe gel

In regards to my AVG, I just looked at the AVG in my pharmacy with the aloe vera the highest on the ingredients list and with no alcohols (the was the only one). I didn't recall the clear is best rule so we'll see how this goes. However, the main reason against the colored ones is the fact that there is a pain reliever ingredient in it, yes? Well I looked up each ingredient in google, and it didn't say much about pain relieving about any of the ingredients (just a bunch of stabilizers and preservatives ._.)

Sucks i think i put too much honey because it's a bit sticky on my shoulders... I kinda eyeballed the measurements...well... COMPLETELY eyeballed them there was nothing scientific about my measuring... we'll see how this turns out.
    From a shorty to a long hair, how long shall it take???

Lady Tisiphone of the Avenging Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!