Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Hair Thread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Dark Hair Thread

I'm a brownie. (Or really, a dark chocolate with a hint of cherry!) I'm naturally a blonette, though.

My hair has always been shinier when it was darker v. when I used to color it blonde. I've been using henndigo to get a very dark brown (it looks reddish in my pic with the flash b/c of the henna).

I am thinking of switching over to Robert Craig because with hendigo, I have to do at least two and sometimes three hendigoings per root touch-up, which takes about two weeks' time since I have to see in between just how dark it's going to stay; hence, almost half of every month is spent smelling like hendigo, which I hate (Some people love it, so this is just preference), and with black stuff coming off under my nails and all over my fingers every time I touch my hair.

ETA: Holy run-on sentence, Batman! ^^

Length
    chin/BSL+/clsc
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by luxepiggy View Post
    OK! As promised, beer rinse before (left) and after (right). It's actually frustratingly difficult to adequately capture the difference on camera, but in person I note a significant reduction in flyaways and "fuzziness" leading to a sleeker, more uniform appearance. It's easiest to see in the photos if you look at the shiny/reflective portion of my hair. You can see in the photo on the left that the lighter portion looks like it's got some noise in the photo, whereas on the right side it's a smooth band of light. My hair also exhibits more bounce, and slightly increased volume after beer rinses (^(oo)^)v

Wow, maybe I oughtta try beer rinses! I've actually never tried one before. How often do you do beer rinses? I sure need it since I have a bad tendency toward flyaways.
    Lady Ellyyllon, Keeper of the Midnight Færie Ring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL19/WSL28/HIP32
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Yet another dark hair here! I don't really know how I'd describe my hair color. It's sort of a natural violet color. Basically black red. So in the summers, before I started hennaing my hair, I would get purplish looking highlights. Now my hair always looks a little purple and shines bright red in the light because of the henna. I'd actually like to figure out a way to show off the reddish/purplish color a bit more. I'm thinking of trying out that honey lightning technique.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DiablitaNoir View Post
    Wow, maybe I oughtta try beer rinses! I've actually never tried one before. How often do you do beer rinses? I sure need it since I have a bad tendency toward flyaways.
    About once a month or thereabouts - usually I wait until I've had people over and use the wounded soldiers the next day (^(oo)~)

Quote Originally Posted by lacefrost View Post
    Yet another dark hair here! I don't really know how I'd describe my hair color. It's sort of a natural violet color. Basically black red. So in the summers, before I started hennaing my hair, I would get purplish looking highlights. Now my hair always looks a little purple and shines bright red in the light because of the henna. I'd actually like to figure out a way to show off the reddish/purplish color a bit more. I'm thinking of trying out that honey lightning technique.
    Oh my cousin's hair is like that - purplish highlights in the summer! It's so pretty! (^(oo)^)
    Last edited by Gumball; November 17th, 2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Combined posts into multi-quote.
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

My hair is naturally very dark, but I use henndigo these days (to cover the grays). Henndigo helps the shine, but coconut oil is fantastic, too. My hair has always been pretty shiny even though I used to use tons of cones and am now cone-free. Since quitting cones, my hair has become softer, though.
    January 2012

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Dark hair checking innnnnn

My hair is dark brown with natural red highlights in the sun.

Length
    ?/34/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Can I be here? Mine's not super dark, but I've considered myself a brunette since turning about 8 years old. I had NO hair until I was 2 - my mom taped pink bows to my scalp to stop the lookie lous from saying what a handsome boy she had. When my hair grew in, it was what we refer to as toe head... white, not blond,but white. It gradually got to where it is today.

Is it dark enough to be part of this thread?

Length
    apl/hip/?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Hi. I exist. My hair is dark.

MNoelH, your hair is really lovely, but I'd not call it dark. I don't think anyone will stop you from being in the thread though.

Length
    Pixie/32 in/44 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I'm a dark hair too Right now I'm growing out henna, although I don't think the henna really had that much effect on my natural color, I have very dark brown hair with red highlights in the sun. Right now my routine is wash 2-3 times a week with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition shampoo and conditioner, I usually load up on coconut oil on my ends right before I wash. I usually end with an ACV rinse then I oil very lightly as needed. The shampoo has some cones, but the conditioner doesn't. Having tried cones and no cones, I can honestly say my hair doesn't really care either way its just shinier with some cones.

Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

The only issue I have with having dark hair is that I can not change the color without bleaching it to lighten the color. If I had my way I would have light pink hair. I just love that anime style hair

But I can live with my dark hair I think...