Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: No trimming 2024!

Length
    Pixie/APL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Re: No trimming 2024!

No such thing as too long! What exactly is making you want a trim? Because I totally feel stress making one want a haircut. I think it's something about a change or having control when everything seems out of control...but just let those feelings pass, or you might find you're now stressed because you trimmed. Alternatively sometimes I feel like my hair needs a cut because it "doesn't look good". Try doing something that makes you feel great about your hair without cutting for a while, then see if you still feel like cutting?

Ah, thankyou Rainbouu. I reallywantto make MBL before trimming in 2025!

Ah, I’m glad you brought this up, it can be tempting. I don’t think there is a need to cut. Many like the way their ends stay in a bun or twist better when it’s not trimmed but it could depend on hair type (I have stubborn Houdini hair). I’ve never been sorry I waited but I am usually sorry I cut. My hair is on its way to 26” (not that long ). I haven’t cut since before October ‘22 and have been No Trim in ‘23 and ‘24. I want to not trim thru ‘25. I think about trimming but there is no reason to. I don’t have split ends and it’s growing own evenly and I don’t mind the hemline. TLHC has helped me a lot, I’ve been here awhile.i’m in the between zone but getting closer to be able ro pull hair up better. Just haven’t been sorry I didn’t trim…… yet lol.

Length
    27.5/31.5/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Hey everyone. Just doing a check in! My last trim was late October. I was at 29 inches and am now at 31. Seems really slow to me! I did a bit of S&D in March, but not enough to take length off. I've recently started stimulating my scalp more and taking collagen powder, so hopefully that will help. Ends don't look too bad but I'll probably get new scissors and do S&D again a bit during the second half of this year.

Edit: I was mistaken. It was at 28, not 29 in late October. I feel a little better now, hahaha.
    Last edited by jenniferrae; June 21st, 2024 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Correction
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." 1 Corinthians 11:15

Length
    Pixie/APL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by GrazierGirl View Post
    Ah, thankyou Rainbouu. I reallywantto make MBL before trimming in 2025!
    Aw no problem, me too! Let's try to reach that goal together.

Only barely related but my friend said something cute to my other friend, who wants to cut his mbl hair. She said "you can't cut your hair, it has our 2021 memories in it still!"

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Thought I'd check in here. Still holding up ok, but have had multiple thoughts of cutting recently, before I reminded myself I'm here for the year. Mostly the problem is that the ends have been feeling pretty velcro-y for a little while, and I keep being tempted to just dump them and start anew from waist. But I would be so sad to lose the hip lengthagain, so I'm pushing through the desire. I shampooed the length last night, and did roo and two conditions, and it does feel better today, so I'm just going to try and stay on top of brushing for a little while and pay my hair a little extra care.
    And I'm enjoying the length progress!

Length
    12/35/44
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Halfway!
    Solid growth in half a year but definitely seeing the effects of not trimming on my ends must resist the urge

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Pixie/CBL+

Nice growth though! It looks like it's holding up well

Length
    Pixie/APL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I have around a half inch until MBL...I'm so excited. This means I'll be back to the length I was before cutting my hair short a few years ago. With the added bonus that it'll be that length a half a year sooner than it took me to grow it out the first time! Hair between collar bone and mid back also just doesn't braid, bun, or go into a ponytail the same for me as hair longer or shorter does. I'm so excited for the feeling of longer braids to be back. And it seems I'm doing good in terms of split ends...I got my first one that I can recall because I spent the night at my DBFs house, and their pillows are not satin lol.

ok i can do that