Page 12 of 1305 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: Armpit | Midback

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Well, girlcat36, I'm looking at the same timeframe as you to reach BSL, and when I do, it will be the third trip from this length to BSL since I joined LHC. Last year I cut 6 inches of length off to remove some straggly pre-LHC hair and get a straight -across hemline. Last month I cut off 5 more inches of pre-LHC hair after colouring my hair back to blonde after my brunette experiment.

What I've learned with all this is that the time seems to go much more quickly than you expect, if you're not always thinking about how "short" your hair is. When you start feeling like a longhair at whatever length you are, the hair seems to grow more quickly, and you'll enjoy the ride more.

Just think! A year from now we'll be getting very near waistlength!

Length
    25/35/41

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    When pulled straight, it's about 25", nearly BSL. But I don't ever wear my hair straight so I only measure dry and curly.
    Ok, that makes more sense then. I don't wear my hair straight either but I do measure it straight as my curls bounce up differently, I feel it is more accurate. My curls can bounce up 6 inches on a good day

Our hair is the same length then. My hair is about 22 inches curly and 25 inches when straight. To be honest, I'd be thrilled if I hit bsl curly at the end of the year with my ends looking thick and healthy. I want to break out of the cycle of reaching this milestone and then having to trim it back as the ends are damaged. I think I've also been sabotaged by hairdressers as well which is why my mother is only cutting my hair from now on.

I need 3 inches to reach bsl when curly so if hair grows half an inch on an average every month and my hair grows 3 inches, then we are both on track for bsl at the end of the year.

I've only started measuring a few weeks ago but I'm not sure if my hair even grows half an inch every month. I'm taking supplements so it will be interesting to see if that makes a difference. My hair is chemically coloured as well but I have been moisturising the ends every night and my hair has never been healthier. I just need to even up the layers as it grows longer so it looks like it has more volume.

I did get a trim a few weeks ago and it made me sad but at least I go forward with healthier hair.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    When pulled straight, it's about 25", nearly BSL. But I don't ever wear my hair straight so I only measure dry and curly.
    thats the thing with curly hair like your but like i said the best comes to those who wait, nothing more beautiful than long sprirally hair, you will be the envy of many i tell you, me for one!!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by frannyg View Post
    Well, girlcat36, I'm looking at the same timeframe as you to reach BSL, and when I do, it will be the third trip from this length to BSL since I joined LHC. Last year I cut 6 inches of length off to remove some straggly pre-LHC hair and get a straight -across hemline. Last month I cut off 5 more inches of pre-LHC hair after colouring my hair back to blonde after my brunette experiment.

What I've learned with all this is that the time seems to go much more quickly than you expect, if you're not always thinking about how "short" your hair is. When you start feeling like a longhair at whatever length you are, the hair seems to grow more quickly, and you'll enjoy the ride more.

Just think! A year from now we'll be getting very near waistlength!
    ooooooooooohhhhhhhh what an exciting thought, suppose we will have to start a new club them. I can't wait i feel like a kid waiting for santa to come, quite sad for a 39 year old!!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    25/35/41

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    ooooooooooohhhhhhhh what an exciting thought, suppose we will have to start a new club them. I can't wait i feel like a kid waiting for santa to come, quite sad for a 39 year old!!
    You are not sad at all. You are never too young or too old to have beautiful hair at any length or texture. Never lose sight of your dreams at any age.

www.30isthenewblack.com

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by 30isthenewblack View Post
    You are not sad at all. You are never too young or too old to have beautiful hair at any length or texture. Never lose sight of your dreams at any age.

www.30isthenewblack.com
    I completely agree. Live your dreams.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

awww its a good job i have you guys on here, another thing i was just thinking were here trying to grow to bsl, you know we will never be as short as we are now ever again or as long as we will be tomorrow, if that makes sense!!!

Length
    25/35/41

It's nice to know that we are all moving forwards with out hair. No more sabotaging by hairdressers for me. That was my main problem along with the damage. I got comfortable and let them cut off my growth thinking it was needed. BSL at the end of the year toot toot

I am going woohoo here.

Just had my hair measured today, and went from 63.5 to 65.5 cm in 1 month and 20 days.

I have adjusted the length under the avatar already. 2.5cm to BSL!

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Well, Jojo, I'll be 47 this year and I'm feeling the same excitement that you are. If you're sad, then I'm downright mournful.