Page 1135 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 13563510351085112511331134113511361137114511851235 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,350 of 16325

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I've been thinking of my hair as shoulder length for months, but I noted a couple of days ago that it's actually past collarbone length now. I'll post a picture when the seasonal hair growth thread revives. I took a picture on the first day of autumn, so I'll take a picture on the first day of winter and post them both.
    Oh nice! I hope to soon have a "oh wow I hit APL" moment lol.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Neck/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Thanks, Corvana! It's only a half-serious promise (I wouldn't complain if he asker earlier ) but it still work as a great motivation for me lol .

I feel like I will never reach APL . I’ve always had really long hair but since I bleached it so much it all broke off I’ve been growing it out for 2 years and it’s just past collar bone length and the fringe is just past my chin. The back of my hair seems to not grow as I said but I’m relieved to know I’m not the only one so maybe it’s either an illusion or just part of it .
    I’m thinking of getting one of those tshirts with lines on to compare length each month but don’t know how accurate a tshirt would actually be

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by fhairyqueen View Post
    I feel like I will never reach APL . I’ve always had really long hair but since I bleached it so much it all broke off I’ve been growing it out for 2 years and it’s just past collar bone length and the fringe is just past my chin. The back of my hair seems to not grow as I said but I’m relieved to know I’m not the only one so maybe it’s either an illusion or just part of it .
    I’m thinking of getting one of those tshirts with lines on to compare length each month but don’t know how accurate a tshirt would actually be
    I don't think they're super accurate, but they could help anyway. Like a stripey one or something. I'm tempted to start taking a photo with a towel just for myself for when I'm like "but it's not growing at all"

Sometimes when I catch a glance out of the corner of my eye it already looks APL. And then I go to take a pic and NOPE A MILE AWAY. It's the worst LOL. I've got 6.5" between SL and APL! I haven't remeasured my milestones between waist and floor, but I think everything is about 4" apart until TBL! So no more big gaps for awhile, at least. According to my spreadsheet, once I hit APL I'll have a blissful two years of faster milestones lol.

Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Argh, I forgot how interminable shoulder to APL can feel! At least my hair is finally a length that I consider "workable," that is, it no longer quite registers with people as "short hair," (except for LHC'ers) as it's below shoulder, and I can style it in limited ways. I was about to give in and get it cut, but the hem line actually still looks very tidy and I'm happy with how it looks, so I canceled my appointment.

There's a huge difference in texture. Last time I was at this length (Collarbone+) I was really unhappy with the stringy, shabby bleach-damaged ends. Now I love the natural variation in color and I'm enjoying it more.
    CBL - APL - MBL - BSL - WL - TBL

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cailinbee View Post
    Argh, I forgot how interminable shoulder to APL can feel! At least my hair is finally a length that I consider "workable," that is, it no longer quite registers with people as "short hair," (except for LHC'ers) as it's below shoulder, and I can style it in limited ways. I was about to give in and get it cut, but the hem line actually still looks very tidy and I'm happy with how it looks, so I canceled my appointment.

There's a huge difference in texture. Last time I was at this length (Collarbone+) I was really unhappy with the stringy, shabby bleach-damaged ends. Now I love the natural variation in color and I'm enjoying it more.
    Go you! The change in texture sounds great.
    I think I have finally broken the habit of microtrimming. My last haircut was in September and I am not going to make a new appointment this year. I'm enjoying having below-shoulder hair.
    Happily growing and learning patience and gentleness with my hair.
    Layered hair - keeping in the layers for now.
    chin - shoulder - collarbone - APL - BSL - waist?

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I don't have much online time during the week, but I have been reading this thread for inspiration. It's really wonderful to watch everyone's progress.

It's been about nine weeks since my last haircut. Now my graduated bob is looking rather shaggy. I have layers in the back.

I can barely scrape my hair into a peacock twist. I have a ton of nape hairs that won't cooperate. But I'm happy to be able to put my hair into any kind of an updo again.

I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm able to use a medium Ficcare to secure my little peacock twist. As you can see from my avatar, I used a medium Ficcare to secure my then waist-length hair in a flipped bun.

I will not cut. I will not cut. I will not cut...
    Last edited by Neoma; November 22nd, 2017 at 08:27 PM.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    Chin/SL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Four months after the 5th big chop in my short 21-year-old life... got from chin length to SL (collar bone if stretched or wet). Another four month to CBL and then another four to APL would be just fine. Telling myself to focus more on the process over the result, because at my previous attempt to grow my hair past BSL I was really inconsistent with my diet, stress levels and haircare, the result - dryness, breakage, lots of split ends and total disappointment overall. Hoping to make it to the waist for the first time of my life... but as for now, I can only make the smallest ponytail ever (more like a rabbit-tail really) and wear a headband to stop my hair getting into my eyes. But this length is still quite flattering for me, so there are some upsides to it. Waiting for a real ponytail now

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by victorian girl View Post
    Four months after the 5th big chop in my short 21-year-old life... got from chin length to SL (collar bone if stretched or wet). Another four month to CBL and then another four to APL would be just fine. Telling myself to focus more on the process over the result, because at my previous attempt to grow my hair past BSL I was really inconsistent with my diet, stress levels and haircare, the result - dryness, breakage, lots of split ends and total disappointment overall. Hoping to make it to the waist for the first time of my life... but as for now, I can only make the smallest ponytail ever (more like a rabbit-tail really) and wear a headband to stop my hair getting into my eyes. But this length is still quite flattering for me, so there are some upsides to it. Waiting for a real ponytail now
    Well, welcome to the thread! It's... the longest until like hip to TBL for me, so I hate it now LOL. I'm tired of being here (not the thread, the thread is great)! I want a MILESTONE! It's been forever! Since MAY! Unless you count CBL, I suppose, then that would've been like June or July (biiiig growth spurt for me!). And I'm set to not get another one until like March lol.

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

You guys.... You guys... I don't just have very persistent flippies. I'm a wavy in disguise.

I went on a long rabbit hole expedition after finally getting around to searching LHC about how my hair is VERY wavy when wet but straight when dry. I found:

1. Most people with that problem are 1c-2b. Super rare 1bs, and they may not even be 1b anyway.
    2. The genes for curls are dominant, and do what's called incomplete dominance with the genes for straight hair (so two curl genes = curls, one = waves, none = straight).
    3. My dad has curls, my mom has waves. Genetically it's impossible for me to have actually straight hair.
    4. My stupid waves are just DELICATE BABIES that need to be handled like gossamer silk, apparently.

I was able to coax a couple with wet scrunching and a heavy leave-in, though! They fell out today (washed Tuesday night)! That's longer than I expected.

BUT!! That explains #1 the atrocious frizz I get, especially right after washing (talk about a poof ball lmao). #2 the fact that I can never ever get my hair orderly for longer than two seconds?? Sig pic: taken literally right after I brushed THE **** out of it. Brush was still in my hand. #3 my hair's super need for moisture, all the gosh darned time. It's so thirsty! I thought it was just quirky, but nooooooooooooooope. Apparently that's a wavy/curly thing.

I think my waves don't start until my hair is longer, for the most part, though. Like, they start about shoulder, but I have less "trouble" making my hair "neat" until APL+.

OH! OH! LOOK AT THIS:

My hair in like 2011? I was all "gosh my hair sure is messy, I need to brush it more" then, and later I was all "ugh my hair wasn't neat at all, shoulda run a brush through it", and NOW I'm like "waaaaaiiiiiit a minute."

Sure I've always secretly been like "but what if I've got wavy hair", but it's never been with any real conviction because LOL OF COURSE NOT THAT'S SILLY. But now I'm like "HOLD ON A SECOND" because no, I was right, I was just conditioned to think I was wrong by society and **** and now I've got my proof (genetic impossibility muahahaha) and I'm holding onto that for dear life .

It feels a bit like when I look back on my childhood through my adult lense of "I like all the peoples in that way" and remember things like watching Hook and wanting to be Peter when the gorgeous mermaids were giving him breath so he didn't die. Or just really, really, really loving Xena a whole lot. Now I'm like "oh das gay", but then I didn't catch on. And now I'm looking back at all my hair problems, and looking with a more clear eye at old pictures like "**** das wavy!"