Page 112 of 781 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 7802

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Length
    Pixie/BSL/TERM
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Question Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

SO I have a question I'm not sure if its been mentioned in this thread before (I havent checked but probably will after writing this!)

But if any of you oil your hair which is the best type to use for fine hair??? I currently do CO but it just feels too heavy for my hair and even if I use a light amount it takes multiple washings to get it out. But my hair does feel silky smooth after washings!

I figured everyone here has different type of fine hair maybe you'd have a good idea of type to use based on experimenting. Also I have blonde hair and I dont know if oils change hair colour I really don't want that to happen!! I know when I do have CO in my hair it does look darker but doesn't stain at all.

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    I use some inexpensive drugstore brand baby shampoo and ofcourse it has talc in it ... damn. Will not use it anymore and will definitely try the rooibos tea, me and my cat drink it all the time anyways so I have lots of it I hate my greasy roots, because it makes it so much harder to have long heatlhy hair (because of airdrying it everday, especially in the winter time).

Thank you for you advice!
    Your cat? Whahahah couldn't get mine to drink tea I think
    Ear - Chin - *cut out layers* - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week

Length
    2/29/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by giuditta View Post
    Your cat? Whahahah couldn't get mine to drink tea I think
    Now I guess I'm OT, but well, yes, my cat loves rooibos tea. He started drinking it one day I left it on the table and now he thinks that all the tea in the house is made just for him. Well what can you do, right? He definitely is a kind of cat that knows what he likes Ok now I'm off to pour some of this amazing tea over my hair, hope it works.

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

People with fine hair seem to like jojoba, coconut, and sweet almond oils.

quote=RoseOfClare;1857671]SO I have a question I'm not sure if its been mentioned in this thread before (I havent checked but probably will after writing this!)

But if any of you oil your hair which is the best type to use for fine hair??? I currently do CO but it just feels too heavy for my hair and even if I use a light amount it takes multiple washings to get it out. But my hair does feel silky smooth after washings!

I figured everyone here has different type of fine hair maybe you'd have a good idea of type to use based on experimenting. Also I have blonde hair and I dont know if oils change hair colour I really don't want that to happen!! I know when I do have CO in my hair it does look darker but doesn't stain at all.[/quote]
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by UP Lisa View Post
    What type of tea do you use?
    Black tea. I often mix it with a hibiscus and rosehip infusion, for more red highlights . I've just tea-rinsed today, and my hair feels great. I use a whole pot of it (quite a lot of tea-cups!).

Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by giuditta View Post
    I started spraying my scalp after every wash with a mix of rooibos tea and Dr Haushka's Neem lotion.
    It was an experiment to make it grow faster (don't see much difference there), but after 2 weeks I suddenly discovered my scalp was much less oily!
    I always wash everyday and by then my scalp is really oily, now I can easily skip a day, no problem!
    I haven't tried rooibos tea yet...Worth a try!

Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RoseOfClare View Post
    SO I have a question I'm not sure if its been mentioned in this thread before (I havent checked but probably will after writing this!)

I figured everyone here has different type of fine hair maybe you'd have a good idea of type to use based on experimenting. Also I have blonde hair and I dont know if oils change hair colour I really don't want that to happen!! I know when I do have CO in my hair it does look darker but doesn't stain at all.
    The only oil I have tried is sweet almond oil, and while I still feel it takes its time washing out (and I chose it because I heard it's one of the lightest oils!), I do get good results. I apply it quite sporadically, and only in the ends.
    At the moment, I'm a bit confused about oils, I don't really know if my hair needs oil or not. My roots definitely don't, and my ends aren't dry. Since I started using pure aloe vera gel on the ends, I haven't gone back to oils. I need to investigate a bit, I began oiling my ends because I read somewhere that oils could help protecting ends against splits...But I really son't like the feeling of still-oily ends after showering! Maybe I apply too much...

Oils don't change my hair-colour. Well, of course, the hair darkens when it's wet with oil, but I don't think there's any real change of colour. My tips are very coppery, so I think I would have noticed it if they changed colour...But I'm anything but the oil-expert here .

Length
    22/31/term
    Type
    2c/F/i

Does anyone here use a leave in conditioner? (a commercial one)

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I've been using a very light spray conditioner from Kenra. it is made for fine hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Annalouise View Post
    Does anyone here use a leave in conditioner? (a commercial one)
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Where did you get the idea to use tea on your hair? Do you rinse it out, or leave it in? I'm sure black tea would darken my hair.....

Quote Originally Posted by SwordWomanRiona View Post
    Black tea. I often mix it with a hibiscus and rosehip infusion, for more red highlights . I've just tea-rinsed today, and my hair feels great. I use a whole pot of it (quite a lot of tea-cups!).

2b-F-ii