Page 1116 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 11661610161066110611141115111611171118112611661216 ... LastLast
Results 11,151 to 11,160 of 14971

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Length
    <3in/~APL/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Don't cut it, Sarah!
    Be stroooong.
    If you can, maybe buy yourself a pretty hairtoy that requires slightly longer hair than you have right now.

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Great idea, but I don't have to buy a hairtoy - I have a BILLION from last time i grew out. Maybe I'll take my favorite out and put it where I can see it.
    Buzz~Pixie~Shaggy mess~Shoulders~APL~BSL~Waist~Classic

Length
    <3in/~APL/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Well, that's some willpower right there, not buying things because you already have enough... hmm can I have some please? [ETA: the willpower, not the toys!]

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Lack of money helps with that! But I'll send some extra your way, just in case.

Type
    2b/F/ii

I've posted this pic in a few other places, but oh well. Here's my current "super-shortie" update. Not even really a super-shortie anymore... just a.. medium shortie? lol

Length
    pixie/MBL/???
    Type
    1c/M/iii

It's awesome to see all these progress pictures - well done, ladies!

I'm still a layered mess; longest hair at the back is almost touching my shoulders, but shortest around my ears still need to reach jaw... sigh. Also, my pixie was always very short and severely thinned, so I had completely forgotten how THICK my hair is. It's already taking a looong time to dry.

PS! Note to self - take pictures!

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Wow there is great progress here. I love looking in I hope no one minds.

Sarah when you envision cutting, what is it that calls to you about doing it? What do you gain or lose (besides hair) by choosing one way or the other. I think visualizing helps work these inner things out rather well.

I think cutting is something that calls to us once in a while. I see a gorgeous short bob and I have visions of it on me. I imagine the sleekness, the lightness, the style. I am rarely pleased with the reality of it however just because it never falls how I want it too. When I envision short hair one me I think easier, sleeker, shinier, more stylish. Reality of it however is frustration that it stills looks and behaves like the exact same hair only shorter.

I do get the urge and act on it a lot though also because I actually like short hair. I like long hair but I also really like short. I can use damage excuse but if length were super important I could have babied my hair and gave more effort to keep it. I think it is easy to like both styles and waver. You just have to remind yourself you already did short recently, and that you decided to grow out now (or again) or a reason. My reason to keep growing for instance is ...I am tired of thinking certain short styles will translate onto to my hair like they do on the model. I am tired of being disappointed when they don't, so I want longer hair, as it seems far less stressful than dealing cuts that did not work for my hair type.

I think I am rambling. Long night. Off to bed but again I wanted to say all of your hair looks really beautiful. Some of the changes are shocking. It seems your hair is all growing so fast while mine is shrinking.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ErinLeigh View Post
    Sarah when you envision cutting, what is it that calls to you about doing it? What do you gain or lose (besides hair) by choosing one way or the other. I think visualizing helps work these inner things out rather well.
    Well, short hair IS easier for me. I can wash it and arrange it and I'm done, and I like it more days than I don't. The only thing I don't like is having to get a cut every 3 weeks. But at the length it's at now, I have to wash daily or every other day, then blow-dry, then straighten, and THEN put it up if that's what I'm doing with it that day. It's just a lot of work and I don't always want to put it in. I'm still months away from a pony tail, and before I reach that point, it doesn't look polished. I also know I would feel prettier with short hair, and there has been some stuff happening in my life that's all around making me feel pretty down about myself, so doing something that would make me feel good is tempting.

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I thiiiiink I'm going for it.

Length
    shag/waist/clssc
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ashflower89 View Post
    I've posted this pic in a few other places, but oh well. Here's my current "super-shortie" update. Not even really a super-shortie anymore... just a.. medium shortie? lol

Nice progress for so little time! Are you able to pull it into a ponytail yet? I can't wait till I get there. Mine is all messy right now.