Page 1105 of 2981 FirstFirst ... 1056051005105510951103110411051106110711151155120516052105 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,050 of 29808

Thread: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: Show me your Ficcare color thread

I have a large collection, and I wear them all.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I wear all mine too,I enjoy figuring out which one I'll wear each day,I like them all..

Length
    SL/MBL/TB
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I tend to wear my "favorites" and I admit that some of my ficcares are feeling a little neglected. Like my rust jewel lotus, I haven't worn that beauty in awhile but I still love it! It was my first ficcare so it's sentimental. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow....
    SL ---> APL ---> BSL ---> MBL ---> WST ---> HIP ---> TB
    Happy henna head

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I didn't say that I didn't love wearing all of mine. I love them all--but some don't get worn much because they really only go with one thing in my wardrobe. And I don't wear ficcares every day. I wear crown braids when my hair is wet (basically 3 days a week) and I also like to wear my sticks and forks and my crockett mountain hairclaw and now that it fits I wear my xlarge flexi 8 also.
    i mentioned in another thread where someone was asking about budgeting for hair toys as advice that a few neutrals can go a long way, you don't have to have a hairtoy to match every different color in your wardrobe, tempting as it is. especially not at ficcare prices! Though if you WANT to, I'm fine with that (so long as you post action pics).

ETA: Though I love my ficcares, I really seriously never intend to buy so many of one single kind of hairtoy again. 13 is a LOT of one thing (for me). I can see 4 or 5, but not 13. Though I repeat that I'm keeping all of my ficcares.
    Last edited by chen bao jun; February 9th, 2014 at 06:32 PM.

Budding Homesteader Indigo Girl's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
    I bought some effects paint called Marabu Relief Paste. It's a tube of 'outlining' paste used to make fake stained glass window leading on various materials. It comes in black, silver, gold, white and copper. As soon as I get hold of a gold matte Maximas, I'm going to use the paste on it to make a copper-vines-on-forest-green 'fake Primavera'.
    I'd like to see that - sounds very creative and interesting!

eve nightfall....Wow! I thought I had a large ficcare collection, but it's nowhere near that! Beautiful!
    *~ ~ *

* ~ Lady Cyhiraeth of the Indigo Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ *

Length
    12"/65"/60"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Chen, I'm sorry if it seemed I was misquoting you, but honestly there were others who responded in kind that they only wore one or two favorites even though they had more. I did not intend at all to misrepresent what you said and was not really actually targeting you and I'm sorry if you felt that way...

I was just honestly curious when I read several people saying about the same thing, that they only wore a few favorites, and it made me wonder how others see it. I thought it would make a good topic for conversation.

As far as matching colors in the wardrobe: I often (like today, for example) wear a Ficcare that does NOT match what I am wearing, even though I have one that matches what I am wearing perfectly. But then on the other hand I think of it more as matching my heart rather than my wardrobe.

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Amapola View Post
    As far as matching colors in the wardrobe: I often (like today, for example) wear a Ficcare that does NOT match what I am wearing, even though I have one that matches what I am wearing perfectly. But then on the other hand I think of it more as matching my heart rather than my wardrobe.
    Sometimes I match....like if I have a meeting to attend or some kind of function. Most of the time, I don't match at all. Since I usually wear two maximas clips to hold my hair up at work, I have choices to make about whether my clips will be complimentary to each other or be in crazy contrast to each other (I think that's a nice way to say they clash!). I wore my lime green and wine silkies last night to party. I wore a grey and orange skirt with a black top.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie

Budding Homesteader Indigo Girl's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I have a rather large collection but tend to wear only a few favorites. I need to find a new storage system so that I can wear them more; currently they're all in my jewelry armoire, so it's more "out of sight, out of mind". Same issue with most of my forks.
    *~ ~ *

* ~ Lady Cyhiraeth of the Indigo Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ *

Length
    12"/65"/60"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Yes, I agree, and I've opted to keep all my hair toys out and visible. First of all I really enjoy looking at them, and second of all I agree it's "out of sight, out of mind" and I want to be sure to treasure and enjoy each and every one. But this is because of a story in my family.

When my mother was growing up my grandmother always would say, "We'll save this for good" and she would put things away. One time someone gave my mother a set of silk pajamas; naturally she was excited to wear them but her mother (my grandmother) took them and stored then in a closet, to save "for good". My mother never got to wear the silk pajamas; she outgrew them first. When my grandmother died, her closets were filled with things that she had saved just a little bit too long... so I always remember not to save things "for good" but to enjoy and treasure them. None of us know how long we have; I want to be sure and fill all those days with beautiful hair toys. Including Ficcares!

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Amapola, I totally agree about using the things you have and not putting them away "for good."

My husband and I decided when we got married that we didn't want fancy dishes or crystal or things that might be easy to considered too good to use. We chose to go with things that were more "everyday," so that we would not be tempted to hide things away. Our beautiful stoneware dishes lasted us many years, but daily use and children took their toll and we were forced to buy new dishes. We chose...old dishes. We have collected a wonderful set of vintage Franciscanware dishes that we use every single day. Our dishes were made in the 1960s and most of them came from an estate where they were clearly, "put away for good." They were untouched for over 40 years. I find it someone ironic that someone loved them so much they didn't use them, and we love them so much we do use them!

That had nothing to do with Ficcares. I must make amends.

I have three lovelies coming to me by way of trades: a blue lotus, an old collection auburn and a jade pearl. Woohoo!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie