2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Dark Hair Thread

oh wow! beautiful hair!

Length
    N/A/HIP/CL?
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

JulietCapulet, your hair colour is gorgeous. It's as dark as I want mine to be, but I'm too scared to take the plunge to dye it darker by means of - cassia, I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by tinygirl View Post
    JulietCapulet, your hair colour is gorgeous. It's as dark as I want mine to be, but I'm too scared to take the plunge to dye it darker by means of - cassia, I believe?
    Thank you! I guess you could try a dark brown? That would look lovely!

Thank you for your generous comments that is very kind of you :-)
    Last edited by JulietCapulet; November 12th, 2010 at 11:06 PM.

Length
    neck/BSL/hip
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Yay! I love dark hair! I describe my hair as "black, no cream" because it has the same color and depth of black coffee: Deep brown with a glow of dark auburn.

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

So I'd like to vent to my fellow Dark Heads. My roommate invited me to a frat party and you can assume how brutal that is or how tough getting ready is when heat styling is not an option. I created the most beautiful braid twists in a half up do and wore a skirt, heels, thin cover up jacket, and a cami. Very unwise of me. I knew I was going on the bus, but I didn't realize how much extra walking there would be in my painful heels. My legs were freezing, my feet were aching, but I still had my hair protected by my knit cap. Threw out the night, I had dirt and jungle juice on my legs and my clothes. Walking back home was hard because it was even colder than before. My butt is still numb from the cold. Yes, I know I made bad choices in my clothing tonight. Point is, even with the cold, pressure to look good, and flying jungle juice, I still managed to protect my hair tonight. High five!!!! And it looks nice and shiny and black =]

Follow my hair journey on tumblr
    http://jensnaturalhairjourney.tumblr.com/

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jenwexler View Post
    What's your hair routine?
    My routine isn't all that spectacular -- I wash twice a week with a shampoo bar and cone free conditioner, and have recently been trying to follow with a cold water rinse and ACV (I wonder if both are necessary at the same time?). Following the shower, after my hair has sat in a turban for 5-15 minutes, I gently detangle and scrunch aloe + coconut oil on the ends and length. If my hair is very puffy after it dries, I loosely braid it without tying the ends and add more aloe + coconut oil (or just coconut oil) on the tassel.

Quote Originally Posted by tinygirl View Post
    [snip]I think with dark hair, it is best to keep it out the sun - thankfully, where I am right now, it get dark at 4 o'clock in the afternoon!
    Ahh! I'm feeling this lack of sunlight, too, although in truth I'd appreciate it if it didn't get dark at 3 p.m. every day.

I guess on the positive side it's helping my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonyCurls View Post
    Yay! I love dark hair! I describe my hair as "black, no cream" because it has the same color and depth of black coffee: Deep brown with a glow of dark auburn.
    I love this descriptor EbonyCurls -- especially because I adore coffee! If you don't mind I'll use this, too.

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Dark hair has always been the most beautiful to me. I love nothing more than looong, black, straight and shiny hair. Perfect! Luxepiggy, yours especially comes to mind.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LocustSpawning View Post
    Dark hair has always been the most beautiful to me. I love nothing more than looong, black, straight and shiny hair. Perfect! Luxepiggy, yours especially comes to mind.

Thank you . . . with all the gorgeous hair on LHC, that's a huge compliment!

ETA: OK! As promised, beer rinse before (left) and after (right). It's actually frustratingly difficult to adequately capture the difference on camera, but in person I note a significant reduction in flyaways and "fuzziness" leading to a sleeker, more uniform appearance. It's easiest to see in the photos if you look at the shiny/reflective portion of my hair. You can see in the photo on the left that the lighter portion looks like it's got some noise in the photo, whereas on the right side it's a smooth band of light. My hair also exhibits more bounce, and slightly increased volume after beer rinses (^(oo)^)v

Last edited by Gumball; November 17th, 2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Combined posts into ETA.
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v