View Poll Results: Why do you want long hair? Select all that apply.

Voters
1322. You may not vote on this poll
  • So that I can wear nothing, yet cover everything with my hair

347 26.25%
  • I want to look like a mermaid/elf/mythical creature/princess/anime character/Renaissance painting

792 59.91%
  • To defy cultural stereotypes and expectations

366 27.69%
  • I want to be able to use my hair as a weapon

186 14.07%
  • For warmth, to wear as a blanket/coat/scarf

235 17.78%
  • I really want to become (or now enjoy being) an old woman with long, flowing silver/white hair

500 37.82%
  • I like big buns and I cannot lie!

398 30.11%
  • I love the feeling of my hair brushing against my body, lower and lower down

636 48.11%
  • To prove (to myself or others) that I can, or out of a sense of competition or defiance

485 36.69%
  • To look more femme, and less butch or boyish

397 30.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: You want long hair WHY? Weird.

Default Re: You want long hair WHY? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by flemeister View Post
    Same here, moreso being male I guess. Although, the criticism has died off considerably now that I'm past the awkward stage.
    I feel you there, I dont get the same amount of criticism for the look, though now I am getting the when are you going to donate it. THen when i tell them I'm not I get the why. Because I like it!

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I ticked off "I want to look like a...." but I don't actually want to look like any of the things listed. I want to look like a superhero, or a fantasy warrior woman. You guys can be elves, I'll be Eowyn.

Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

I have a somewhat boyish appearance in both face and body. I'd like to try and balance that out with long hair.

I want long hair for a lot of reasons. I like the 'wow' factor of long hair. I like the feeling of it, not just against my skin, but running my fingers through it too. I like the low-maintenance aspect too - just comb, oil and braid and I'm ready for another day! I also like how it takes a long-term commitment. I value my long hair because I know how much patience it took for it to get where it is now. I can only imagine how strong this feeling will be once I have been growing for longer.

Length
    19"/28"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

I love the feel of long hair, taking care of it, having my husband brush and braid it.

Actually I've had longish hair (shoulder-length) for many years. It'll probably defy expectations more if I chop it really short! But I want longER hair that is also healthy and shiny. I've not quite been able to achieve that as I was lazy to take care of my hair in my younger years. In addition, the moment the weather got too hot, I'd get a haircut. So now, I'm determined to grow out my hair again, with the proper care it deserves. I want to prove that I can do it! ^^

Length
    bsl/hip/tbl
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

because I want to look like a renaissance painting or a celtic warrior woman! of course,using my hair as a weapon would be included in the latter fantasy

Length
    1.5/5/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I didn't vote because my answer isn't listed. I first started thinking about growing my hair when learning about water conservation. I have to wash my hair in some way (cowashing works, though) every day because my pixie would look completely insane in the morning. I would also use less product if I could wash less. So I guess eco-friendliness is my reason?
    Growing out short hair, bangs, and bleach/dye abuse all at once. Hold me!
    1c/2a - F - i (<- this one's a mystery. Hasn't been ponytail-able in 10 years!)

Length
    27/30/35
    Type
    2b/M/ii

i get i really inspired by renaissaince paintings. i just adore their hair!

Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I had short boy-ish hair when I was little and whenI was 8 I decided I wanted long hair. I just really like the look of long hair..so beautifull!