Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Explanation of Contacts & Friends

Length
    short/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1c/F/ii

A person who was on my friends list disappeared from that list one day. I checked their page and it shows me on their list of friends. If I then try to befriend, it says they are already a friend. Why does the person not show in my list of friends?

Length
    short/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDecker View Post
    A person who was on my friends list disappeared from that list one day. I checked their page and it shows me on their list of friends. If I then try to befriend, it says they are already a friend. Why does the person not show in my list of friends?
    Well whattya know, it's fixed! The mod squad is apparently working overtime!

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Maybe you're just losing it in your old age, Dave? Nothings changed atall really!
    Pegs

Length
    short/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Marsters View Post
    Maybe you're just losing it in your old age, Dave? Nothings changed atall really!
    Who is this Pegasus Marsters?

thinking, thinking...

Oh that's right, she's the brash young'un!

Nope, nothing's changed at all, Peg.

Seriously, I did notice my friend count increment up by one after my initial inquiry in this thread, and that friend re-listed, yay!
    Avatar courtesy of Lexy, Signature photo by CountessDeJager, Profile photo by Quixii
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=511&dateline=12095240  55

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Aww, you were meant to call me a "young whippersnapper"... tut tut. You're no good at being old
    Pegs

Length
    0.5/53/60+
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

I have the same thing as happened to Dave. It doesn't show the person as a friend any more, but where it shows they looked at my page the name is marked with a cross (I assume that shows they are a friend or is it just that that person is a contact?) and on their page I'm listed as a friend.

I'm not worried about it but I've seen people getting stressed that they don't have enough "friends" so I thought if it's a software glitch it'd be an idea to make others aware of it so they don't stress that everyone hates them

KittyCat

Default Re: Explanation of Contacts & Friends

I hope noone takes this personal. I will shorten my Friends List ,because I want to keep my profile a little more private. I will add friends ,but I won't collect them jst because we have a similar hairtype.
    I have people as "friends" I have never had a dialogue with!??
    I also decided not to add people to my friendslist who have no identity (nothing but a blank profile; nonono). So if you want to be my friend ,you better talk to me ,because I'm a chatty person

Length
    BSL/hips/hips
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I get a few friends requests per week, actually. I have a sort of system to see if I want to accept someone (I haven't refused anyone so far):

-I check out their Blog if they have one and get a general feel for the person's personality.
    - I also look at their posts in the post record (in their profile) and see what type of posts they make.
    -I look at the other people on their friends list. If they are people I already know and am also friends with it's a plus. If their friends list is short because they're new I concentrate on the tone of their posts to get a feel for them.
    -I check out their albums to see if they're serious about growing their own hair long. This is an important step because a weird stalker wouldn't be growing their own hair long and making comments on it. Okay, they might (LOL), but it's unlikely.
    - I read the conversations they've had with other members on their Profile Page.

If the person seems normal after all of that I accept the friends request. This only applies to people I've never interacted with , BTW. People I already know I accept right away.

So far this system has worked for me. I might be doing a little cropping of my friends list in the near future though. I think if people on it have never bothered to interact with me they lose the right to read my Blog. Why should I share intimate details of my life with someone who never, ever comments? Quid pro quo, folks!

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin and Hobbes

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Amoretti View Post
    So far this system has worked for me. I might be doing a little cropping of my friends list in the near future though. I think if people on it have never bothered to interact with me they lose the right to read my Blog. Why should I share intimate details of my life with someone who never, ever comments? Quid pro quo, folks!
    Philosophical question: What if that person shares their own intimate details on their own Blog, regardless of whether they comment on yours? Would that satisfy the need for quid-pro-quo?

Comment-culture is something that not everybody gets on an intuitive level.
    Dianyla | Extreme Haircare Blog | Photos
    IUD | MoonCup | MUM | HBI | TCDT | MNM!
    When's the last time you... Donated? | Contacted a Mod? | Read the Community Guidelines?

Unless specifically described as a moderation call, the above post represents my personal opinion as a member of this community, not as a moderator.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I have a super boring profile. I am just too lazy to put stuff there. I would rather participate in the forum. It is more interactive.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights