Page 11 of 270 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: OutNumbered Novelties' Sharp and Pointy Things

Length
    Pixie/10.5/Class
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: OutNumbered Novelties' Sharp and Pointy Things

NaClH2O, they are called Green Teal Mist.
    Lady Gliriel of Bruinedhiel in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Ok, I'm going to say a hair stick is naught but a shrunken staff.... (Shhh, you)
    So here are my latest beauties.
    https://www.etsy.com/transaction/154...=fb2_tnx_title

They arrived today, and they a somewhere between Ed's basic stick and his oversized.
    As I said in the review, pleasantly plump, not obese.

The tops are flatter.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Not a weapon, but OMG is it cool!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1573944...cet=hair+stick

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

GOOD LORD! I just got my sticks from Rich and they are jaw droppingly gorgeous. You can really tell they're premium acrylic because the amount of depth, luster, and pearl in these sticks are just incredible. Done in his classic, elegantly proportioned Simple Stick style and finished to absolute perfection, Rich lets the material takes center stage and shine. They are exactly what I had in mind: luxe, richly patterned sticks in a clean shape with a fantastically glossy finish. They glide into hair like a dream... the finish is so fine that it feels like glass. I tried to photograph the sticks but it was impossible to capture how beautiful they are in person so I will describe them too.

First is Ruby Lava which reminds me of tongues of red flame swirling in inky black smoke. The red positively glows and lights up out of the black background in a darkly luminous way. Appeals to my latent goth side, LOL.

huge pic of Ruby Lava

Green Teal Mist Lava is like glacial mineral deposits. Swirling around the shimmering dark grey silver ore is blue-green melt water. Rivulets cut patterns and make eddies, mixing together to create a moody and cool feeling.

Huge pic of Green Teal Mist Lava

As if that wasn't enough, the sticks came in a padded white gift box tied with ribbon and lovely, hand written note thanking me for my business. The note was extraordinary thoughtful and the free gift wrapping was a very welcome surprise (I'll be using it for storage to keep my sticks safe and sound!). Add to that, Rich is an absolute doll. Not only did he keep me informed of how my sticks were coming along but he also give me a refund (totally unasked for!) for 20% since he has a sale going on. I assumed it didn't apply to custom work but he graciously gave it to me anyway. What a guy! Between the beauty and quality of the sticks and exceptional customer service I'm just amazed.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Account Closed by Member Request

Spillage, I've been wanting some sticks in that green teal mint color, beautiful!! I have a couple pairs of his sticks and I love them.

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Curlsgalore, the teal is really stunning-- I love the way it mixes with the deep silver and specks of white pearl. Hope you snag whatever stick you have your eye on-- there are lots of beauties
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm really loving the shape of these sticks...I haven't tried them yet, but the long slender point appeals to me because it seems like it would be very comfortable.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

These are my first acrylics Kaelee so I can't compare points but they are supremely comfortable. The size is just right in terms of both feel and look. Not too chunky but not flimsy either. What's surprising to me is that they can be so exceptionally smooth yet stay solidly in my hair!

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Oh yea, acrylic is some sort of grippy wonder. If it falls out, it's never because of the acrylic, it's because my hair somehow unwinds itself. And I have slippery hair!

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Account Closed by Member Request

I received my green teal mist sticks today and they are gorgeous! They are so much prettier in person. They are just what I wanted and I'm glad I went ahead and purchased them. His customer service is outstanding. He communicates and lets you know when he's working on them and when he's almost done. I highly recommend this shop. I will be purchasing more for sure..now to figure out what I want .