Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I do not think catnip works well over oils and it depends on how well your oils are being washed out.

If you have no breakage or split end problem, you may not need catnip.

I never got into oils. I did try one a long while back but with my hair being somewhat fine and thin and looking stringy easily, I did not explore more.

Catnip gives me everything I need.
    My hair loves oil, and looks great with it (when not over oil, but then it loves it anyway but do look - over oiled).

I will keep including catnip in different ways, to see if I find a way where it suits. I follow this thread to read about everyones experiences.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by HotRag View Post
    My hair loves oil, and looks great with it (when not over oil, but then it loves it anyway but do look - over oiled).

I will keep including catnip in different ways, to see if I find a way where it suits. I follow this thread to read about everyones experiences.
    Good luck with your experiments!

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I have had good results with Catnip, whether I mix it with something else, or use it alone. I do use oils but do not use conditioners at all. I can say that when I don't use catnip in my routine, my results are good, and when I do incorporate catnip in any way, the results are very noticably better.

ETA: I have used it in the following ways so far:

To dilute Dr Bronners as a wash
    As the liquid with indian herbs, and left on the hair for a while
    As a pre-treatment to a soapwash
    As an after rinse
    As a leave-in
    Last edited by eaglefeather71; February 13th, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
    Lady Ismene of the Silver Spiral in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2010 Goals: WAIST by End of June w/ the help of Indian Herbs and Oils

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefeather71 View Post
    I have had good results with Catnip, whether I mix it with something else, or use it alone. I do not use conditioners at all though. I can say that when I don't use catnip in my routine, my results are good, and when I do incorporate catnip in any way, the results are very noticably better.
    I am not saying that catnip will not work with other things, even conditioner. But from my experience, it does not work as well as it does when not used over a coating, by far.

When I started to use it, it worked over my build-up but since my build-up washed out, the results are much, much, much better.

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I am not saying that catnip will not work with other things, even conditioner. But from my experience, it does not work as well as it does when not used over a coating, by far.

When I started to use it, it worked over my build-up but since my build-up washed out, the results are much, much, much better.
    I just wanted to let everyone know my results. I think that our hair either likes it, and really responds to it, or has so/so response, or doesn't like it. I don't have any split ends that I can see, but boy my hair just has this amazing texture anytime I use catnip. I mentioned the conditioner and oils just as a reference, so that everyone could judge my results with accuracy as to what else goes on my hair. I'm thinking I probably don't have much of a build-up of products, so that is why I my hair really responds well to the catnip, whereas someone that may still have a build up may need to persevere as you did to get the great results, and will most likely go through a strange period as the build-up eventually goes away.

I just wanted to let everyone know my results. I think that our hair either likes it, and really responds to it, or has so/so response, or doesn't like it. I don't have any split ends that I can see, but boy my hair just has this amazing texture anytime I use catnip. I mentioned the conditioner and oils just as a reference, so that everyone could judge my results with accuracy as to what else goes on my hair. I'm thinking I probably don't have much of a build-up of products, so that is why I my hair really responds well to the catnip, whereas someone that may still have a build up may need to persevere as you did to get the great results, and will most likely go through a strange period as the build-up eventually goes away.
    True but people who are not getting great results so far, are not timing it for long, or are usng it with or over, some form of coating, IMO.

It is about degrees of success.

My case was unique to a point.

When I experimented briefly with catnip followed by small amount of conditioner that I thought would wash out more easily than they did (I tried more than 1 conditioner), I got good results and this was post build-up.

However, my breakage did not decrease as much as when catnip is left on longer and on nothing but my shampooed hair.

I have said that people here should make catnip their own. I still say that. If what anyone is doing with it works well for them, then by all means continue.

I have tried it all kinds of ways and saw enough improvement to continue with it, at each point. My goal was though, to have moisturized hair and grey/white coverage, without the need of anything else. I got that for me. Then I wanted less breakage (I already had gotten no split ends). I got that too.

Others here may not need what I get from catnip because they are getting that with other things and catnip is just a nice addition to their routine. That, to me is the way it should be. Different strokes.

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I have said that people here should make catnip their own. I still say that. If what anyone is doing with it works well for them, then by all means continue.

I have tried it all kinds of ways and saw enough improvement to continue with it, at each point. My goal was though, to have moisturized hair and grey/white coverage, without the need of anything else. I got that for me. Then I wanted less breakage (I already had gotten no split ends). I got that too.

Others here may not need what I get from catnip because they are getting that with other things and catnip is just a nice addition to their routine. That, to me is the way it should be. Different strokes.
    I agree. I was just chiming in, expressing how much I enjoy using catnip. I hope it didn't come across as anything other than that. I just love it, and although I don't use it each and every time, I try to incorporate it in to my routine as much as possible. When I do is when I am the happiest with my hair for sure.

One tip that I may not have shared.

When applying catnip in the shower, I was ignoring one part of my hair (or more accurately, not concentrating on it), the top back of my hair, when doing section 2, of my routine.

The result was that the area involved, looked almost frizzy at times.

I started apply more catnip there and my hair there now, is as frizz free and smooth as the rest of my hair. It is all about application and method for me, including timing.

I agree. I was just chiming in, expressing how much I enjoy using catnip. I hope it didn't come across as anything other than that. I just love it, and although I don't use it each and every time, I try to incorporate it in to my routine as much as possible. When I do is when I am the happiest with my hair for sure.
    No worries, I did not misinterpret you. I just wanted to be clear that people may have different goals when using it and results will vary too, with the goals.

You are happy with it added to your routine. That is great, IMO.

For me, it is my routine, lol.