Page 103 of 354 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3533

Thread: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Length
    8/18/30

Default Re: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Hello everyone, a deep conditioning for me is to completely saturate my hair with lots lots of coconut oil. I often mix oils together: coconut, sesame, olive and amla. Each oils are good in their own ways. So mixing all of them together will simply enhance all the benefits. Otherwise, I use coconut oil mostly. I have been using coconut oil excessively for years now and I can see only the good results in my hair. I just love coconut oil and my hair never remains dry.
    Namratha

Length
    Shldr/CBL/Happy
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Ever since my long hair journey began several years ago Ive been a huge fan of coconut oil, but the other week I found a small bottle of organic argan oil and decided to try it out. That tiny bottle was ridiculously expensive (30ml for 16 dollar, compared to 500ml of coconut oil that costs like 12 dollar), but wow. Just wow. A few drops and my hair feels like silk.

Theres no work to do today and I dont have to leave the house, so 12 hours of argan oil deep treatment it is!

Length
    0 in/2 in/36 in
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    I buy virgin avocado oil in my local supermarket and actually yes it is usually right near the coconut oil along with rice bran, flax, hemp seed etc. I don't know what supermarkets are like where you are though. If you can't find it there then maybe a health food shop will have it, or amazon. I would advise buying the edible virgin kind rather than the one sold for aromatherapy or cosmetic use though as that is usually refined with lots of the goodies stripped out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johannah View Post
    I bought it in an organic store. As far as I know, you cannot find it in 'normal' shops. But maybe this is something for you. This way you can try out what your hair likes before buying a big amount of oil.
    Thank you both I will look at stores here as I like instant gratification but if i don't see it there I will order little ones from the shop you mentioned.
    Last edited by Mammasaurusrex; September 18th, 2015 at 04:19 PM.

buzz ear neckshoulder APLBSL MBLTBL

Length
    Shldr/CBL/Happy
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Despite being a member here for a couple of years (and before that a longtime lurker), Ive never tried mixing different oils with eachother for deep treatments before. Until today that is. Im currently trying out a mix of coconut oil and olive oil and hoping for the result to be awesome. Ive never really been a big fan of olive oil alone, but it might be different togethet with the coconut oil. WeŽll see.
    Last edited by restless; September 18th, 2015 at 07:49 AM.

Length
    SL/BSL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

The shea JBCO Strengthen Grow and Restore mask worked really well and after contacting the company to confirm the silicone in it is water soluable=win win! Next DC I'll do this mask again.
    Just about BSL when curly -microtrimming as I go/grow

Length
    21/37/51
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I took advantage of my empty house and empty schedule by giving my hair the whole shebang: I washed out the coconut oil I slept in last night, did a coffee rinse, left the conditioner in for 30 minutes, conditioned again, put in my leave-in, and tried a new bun after it was dry!

It's all for nothing since all I'm doing tomorrow is work, so I have to put it up :P

Length
    0 in/2 in/36 in
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    Despite being a member here for a couple of years (and before that a longtime lurker), Ive never tried mixing different oils with eachother for deep treatments before. Until today that is. Im currently trying out a mix of coconut oil and olive oil and hoping for the result to be awesome. Ive never really been a big fan of olive oil alone, but it might be different togethet with the coconut oil. WeŽll see.
    I don't like Olive Oil alone either. It is so thick and gross and took me a week to get it all washed out the one time I tried it.

buzz ear neckshoulder APLBSL MBLTBL

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    I tried olive oil many years ago when my hair was really fried and nothing could help it. I remember disliking it then but can't quite remember why and do keep meaning to try it again, for me it's unusual not to have at least tried it since getting into the ois obsession. I do hear that that coconut oil combined with olive oil is a very good combination so I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    Shldr/CBL/Happy
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mammasaurusrex View Post
    I don't like Olive Oil alone either. It is so thick and gross and took me a week to get it all washed out the one time I tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    I tried olive oil many years ago when my hair was really fried and nothing could help it. I remember disliking it then but can't quite remember why and do keep meaning to try it again, for me it's unusual not to have at least tried it since getting into the ois obsession. I do hear that that coconut oil combined with olive oil is a very good combination so I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you.
    Glad to hear Im not the only one who cant seem to understand the greatness of olive oil In my early LHC days (before I found coconut oil), I did use olive oil alone, but I never thought it did so much for the quality of my hair. I mean, my hair felt nice and soft while the oil was still in there, but the moment it was washed out, my hair was back to its previous state (dry and sad at the time). When using coconut oil my hair actually felt and looked so much better even after the oil was gone and thats why it became a favourite.

Regarding yesterdays olive/coconut oil mix: I washed it out after letting my hair soak it in for several hours (no problems washing it out with conditioner) and well, I do like todays result. My hair feels great, its soft and my wurls seem happy, so it certainly didnt harm to try it However, I cant really tell if the olive oil did that much difference as my hair always feels like this after a deep treatment with only coconut oil too. I dont know, I will probably do it again as I now have that bottle of olive oil and dont want it to just stand there and go to waste, but do I feel like Ive just discovered something amazing thatŽll change my routines forever? No.

Im curious to hear what others think about this oil combo too and how much difference it makes for them using just one vs the two oils

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Weekly dt on, and on time too! Now to try and eat some food damn morning sickness.
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")