Page 103 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 10578

Thread: self made hairtoys thread

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: self made hairtoys thread

hey everyone! my craft room is finally going back to being a usable craft room (for those of you who dont remember it had a huge leak in the roof) the ceiling is dry now and so im going to clean it up and organize it a bit.. ive got some new crafting stuff and i cant wait to use it all..

anyway.. so i think im going to see about making my own beads out of poly clay.. its just that beads are so expensive.. if i make my own it will be cheaper..

hmmm
    ill have a woodworking station and a clay station and sewing station.. and i wonder what else i will need.. hmm and i think ill get a TV set up in there..
    can i call this classic length

A tv is a great idea, squiggy. I've got a little tv in my sewing/woodworking room.

Here are a couple of sticks I finished recently:
    ~Lady Bau, Protector of Canines in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mely View Post
    A tv is a great idea, squiggy. I've got a little tv in my sewing/woodworking room.

Here are a couple of sticks I finished recently:
    very cute!
    OK so i did get into my craft room yesterday and began filming a new tutorial.. i don't know if you all remember my tikiman and sword sticks..but i showed how to make them.. however i didn't show the painting process because i don't bake my clay stuff till i have a full cookie tray of stuff.. i did sculpt a couple of beads.. one is a piggy.. it started out as a bear but i couldn't get the nose right.. i really wish i could show all of you.. my digital cam is broken.. i don't know when my video will be up.. I'm not sure about posting it because my dog was being bad through the whole thing (scratching me, barking, trying to get on my work surface) he just really didn't like that i wasn't paying attention to him.. anyway so i have been back at it in my craft room....
    Last edited by squiggyflop; January 6th, 2009 at 06:00 PM.

I commented on these lovely sticks on the other thread Mely, but wanted to ask how you colour the sticks, are they stained or painted?

Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    I commented on these lovely sticks on the other thread Mely, but wanted to ask how you colour the sticks, are they stained or painted?

Unicorn
    I use either water colour paint or Minwax stain ( which comes in an assortment of colours). The water colour paint is a lot cheaper, and seems to be just as good as the Minwax. In fact I can't remember which sticks/forks I used which on now. I like the grain of the wood to show through the colour a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    very cute!
    OK so i did get into my craft room yesterday and began filming a new tutorial.. i don't know if you all remember my tikiman and sword sticks..but i showed how to make them.. however i didn't show the painting process because i don't bake my clay stuff till i have a full cookie tray of stuff.. i did sculpt a couple of beads.. one is a piggy.. it started out as a bear but i couldn't get the nose right.. i really wish i could show all of you.. my digital cam is broken.. i don't know when my video will be up.. I'm not sure about posting it because my dog was being bad through the whole thing (scratching me, barking, trying to get on my work surface) he just really didn't like that i wasn't paying attention to him.. anyway so i have been back at it in my craft room....
    I look forward to your new tutorial, siggy. It was your fork-making tutorial that got me started on making hair toys.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mely View Post
    I look forward to your new tutorial, siggy. It was your fork-making tutorial that got me started on making hair toys.
    im uploading now.. i did tikiman the sword stick and skullman.. my dog was being bad during some of the sword stick part.. i hope to have them up by tonight and viewable by tomorrow.. i already set up a new page to put them on my site
    Last edited by squiggyflop; January 7th, 2009 at 04:40 PM.

Length
    AP/TB/~W/???
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Does anyone here do thicker metal work?

I've seen some barrette work, and hair slide work that people do on Etsy, but I'm wondering the tools and techniques that one would need to do it themselves. I especially love Victoriana/Indian/Southeast Asian/Mexican-South American/Celtic designs.

I explored some metals at the craft store, but found even the 14ga. a bit too bendy and thin for what I had in mind. I didn't see any larger, and thicker pieces of metal that could be used to make designs from, either.

If anyone could guide me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by venividibxtchy View Post
    Does anyone here do thicker metal work?

I've seen some barrette work, and hair slide work that people do on Etsy, but I'm wondering the tools and techniques that one would need to do it themselves. I especially love Victoriana/Indian/Southeast Asian/Mexican-South American/Celtic designs.

I explored some metals at the craft store, but found even the 14ga. a bit too bendy and thin for what I had in mind. I didn't see any larger, and thicker pieces of metal that could be used to make designs from, either.

If anyone could guide me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
    i found better metal in a hobby shop in the model trains section.. i couldnt bend it easily.. i think a jewelers saw is required if im thinking about the same thing you are