Results 1,001 to 1,004 of 1004

Thread: Garnier Fructis Treats / Hair Food

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Garnier Fructis Treats / Hair Food

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    I didn’t have an answer for a replacement before, but received a gift that seems promising. I’ve only used it once however, and it doesn’t advertise use as a leave-in like the Garnier version. My hair likes the Garnier masks, and reacted similarly with this one:

Raw Sugar Healing Power Hair Masque
    That’s next on my list to try! I have a tub of it to give a two week try after I finish this two week experiment with the HH mask. I’m excited to see what you think of it.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Today, in Lidl, I grabbed one Aloe vera 400 ml tub hair mask. It was on sale - a steal at only 3,49 €.
    The masks are still available in drugstores here, but for 8+ euros, which is waaay too much. For comparison, when they first came several years ago, they used to cost about 4 €.
    I wonder if this is the reason they are ending the Hair food line - the prices have doubled, in some cases close to tripled since the time they appeared on the market. Maybe the cost of ingredients went up and it´s no longer profitable for them to make and sell it. Possibly sales dropped too, due to high prices - personally I would never ever buy a tub of this mask for 8 €.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    Today, in Lidl, I grabbed one Aloe vera 400 ml tub hair mask. It was on sale - a steal at only 3,49 €.
    The masks are still available in drugstores here, but for 8+ euros, which is waaay too much. For comparison, when they first came several years ago, they used to cost about 4 €.
    I wonder if this is the reason they are ending the Hair food line - the prices have doubled, in some cases close to tripled since the time they appeared on the market. Maybe the cost of ingredients went up and it´s no longer profitable for them to make and sell it. Possibly sales dropped too, due to high prices - personally I would never ever buy a tub of this mask for 8 €.
    Same thing here, their default price is now over €8, while around when I hoarded them, in 2018-2020, you could still easily find them for €5. But these masks aren’t so meaningfully different from their other conditioners and masks, and their prices haven’t gone up like this.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LongLocke View Post
    I had to go do a double check because I didn't think it had coconut oil in it, but you're right. It's listed on the ingredient list for the avocado mask I was using.

Now what I do find exceedingly strange is that Garnier discontinued it without a replacement. You would think an exceptionally popular product would necessitate a replacement when being retired, or maybe Garnier's allergic to money?

I've been using Herbal Essence's Bio New repairing mask as a rinse out mask for my last two wash days. It's doing a great job so far, but I'm going to wait my requisite two weeks before I make any determinations on if it'll be my go to
    Now that I’ve spent some time with the bio nee and the raw sugar, I ended up sticking with the bio new as my shower mask. I also ended up grabbing the curl cream from HE’s bio new line to try as a leave in. I used up the last of my hair treat for leave in earlier this week and wasn’t sure what I was going to replace it with. I liked day 1 with the HE curl cream, but I’ll see how it goes in a month.