Page 101 of 288 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2872

Thread: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

Dr. Technicolor DreamBuns pastina's Avatar
    Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

^^Dont use another peroxide dye.

The red faded quickly because it was permanent, and red permanent dyes are as good as rinse outs. They're gone SOOO FAST. ...I'm willing to bet that if you clarify what you have now and cover with a semi, the red will last MUCH longer.

I'm Not Back! ;)
    Length
    18/18/28
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Not to worry, pastina, no more peroxide for HairPlease. I've made a vow for my health to remain deposit only for the rest of my life. I had a scare with some good research online about 6 hours ago or so. Seriously though, you're right, that dye was garbage. Permanent dyes are useless aren't they? I have very little experience with them. I used to bleach every several months but that's it for the most part.
    Longhair in the making. I've got a bit of a ways to go but it's only a matter of time. 2nd try.

Type
    2a/F/i

Alright guys, I need stripping advice. What's the best way to fade my vampire red manic panic? I realize it should take a long time,but what should I use? I already use head and shoulders on a fairly regular basis,but I heard some people recommend it.

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    Pixie/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine <3 View Post
    Alright guys, I need stripping advice. What's the best way to fade my vampire red manic panic? I realize it should take a long time,but what should I use? I already use head and shoulders on a fairly regular basis,but I heard some people recommend it.
    Hot, hot water and either head and shoulders or a cheap clarifying shampoo. You can't get the vampire red completely out. I've tried. I know color oops is not for semi dyes but I have used it with success when I couldn't get it out with hot water and shampoo.

Length
    Pixie/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

seeing all these bright, lovely colors reminds me my red is super faded

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine <3 View Post
    When I wanted to fade my Manic Panic Hot Pink nearer to my roots, I used the honey bleaching method, and it worked really well for me. I didn't experience a whole lot of lightening of my base color, and didn't see any damage from it. YMMV of course.
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I wouldn't mind if my green would fade faster too. It seems to have been stuck. It's not saturated enough to be really noticeable to an outsider, but it's there. Let's see if it ever fades. I know my reds can take 6 months to fade so I'm not impatient yet.

I already wash with pretty warm water (same temp I shower with), I wash almost daily and use sulphate shampoos several times a week.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    28/48/48
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Thank you everyone!

browneyedsusan and lippytoes I'll try that method, then. The bleach demarcation line is clear but not wonky, and it probably won't look as perfect when I do it than when the hairdresser did, but it sounds easy enough!

Arctic I'm not sure if I fancy a change or not, lol! I think that I waited so much to do blue, and now I am loving it so much, that I am boiling with new ideas and possibilities The hairdresser bleached my ends progressively until the very ends were basically white, and the higher bit of the bleached part was a very striking orange (henna made it all the more oranger and the more difficult, as expected ), so yes, they are really light right now underneath all the teal.

pastina, thanks for your opinion! Based on what you and Arctic say (and by what I imagined would happen) I think Voodoo Blue is a good bet: if it ends up turning up too green, well, so what? I'm liking the green ends now (and they are green already). The mix of orange hair and purple undertones doesn't sound better at all, so...

So that's it! I'm buying a bottle/tub of Voodoo Blue as soon as I can

Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - Fingertip! - Thigh - Knee
    2c - F - ii
    Lady Withywindle, Keeper of the Old Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm looking forward your new blue adventures, Narya!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    Chin/36.5"/TBL+?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I love love love color in my hair, I have since I was a teen in the 80s, but can't always get away with it (for work). If I'm freelancing, and calling my own shots, I LOVE having pink &/or purple in my hair. About every 6-12 months I've got color back in my hair somehow (usually underneath my bangs, streaks).

Lately, I've been using indigo to create blackest black naturally (no PPD risks ever), but my grey roots show fast. Which is good, hair growing fast is good. But it makes me look like a skunk. Skunks are cute, but not for hairstyles.

This summer I decided to try purple, just at my white-grey roots, between indigos and I loved it. Looks like a raven's feather, black in one light and purple highlights in full sun.

(But yesterday I went back to all black).

(...But in two weeks when my roots are grown again I'll likely purple it again, let's face it).