Page 101 of 388 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3872

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Henna Thread, take two

Sitting here with Mehandis Punjabi Prime on my head, this is the first time I try this one, before I used Rajasthan Henna...
    It seems to be really strong, I got a few drops on my arms and the spots are bright red! o_o Still debating on how long to leave it on...

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

I used the leftover henna from my gloss this morning on my length. For some reason it was really runny, so I just kind of gathered my hair into a ponytail and glopped it all on; I'll take it off in about a quarter of an hour and see how it looks. I'm only leaving it on for an hour because I'm going out for lunch at one, so hopefully it won't end up ridiculously bright or anything
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

o-o

That depends, Flore, on if you're using leftover gloss, or straight henna. @_@ With your hair being as light as it is, if it's straight, I wouldn't be surprised if you came out a light ginger from it.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    o-o

That depends, Flore, on if you're using leftover gloss, or straight henna. @_@ With your hair being as light as it is, if it's straight, I wouldn't be surprised if you came out a light ginger from it.
    It's leftover gloss, and judging by how watery it is it's probably heavy on the condish.

And I've never had anyone shorten my name to "Flore" before; I quite like that!

I'm off to wash it out now, so I'll see how it looks soon
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by florenonite View Post
    It's leftover gloss, and judging by how watery it is it's probably heavy on the condish.

And I've never had anyone shorten my name to "Flore" before; I quite like that!

I'm off to wash it out now, so I'll see how it looks soon

I'm glad you like it. It was early, and I was too lazy. XD;

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Damn you Henna!!

It came out orange or copper! And my hair is almost black naturally!!! Bye bye burgandy I guess...that would have to oxidise like crazy to be my dream color..

I must have golden undertones or something...

Well, I will see what happens..._.

Length
    apl/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Emichiee View Post
    Damn you Henna!!

It came out orange or copper! And my hair is almost black naturally!!! Bye bye burgandy I guess...that would have to oxidise like crazy to be my dream color..

Did you leave the henna on for at least 4 hours? I've used only Yemen, but I've read that with any BAQ henna, if you leave it in for a very brief time, that is under 2 or 3 hours, it usually looks very orange. I didn't want this to happen, so I've always gone for at least 4 hours. Hopefully it will oxidize with cherry red tones!

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Emichiee View Post
    Damn you Henna!!

It will oxidize quite much, I'm sure. Wasn't your hair orangey in sun? If so, I'm with you on this one. My hair varies from dark red to sickening orange depending on light. But I'm sure it will oxidize to a darker redder color, so don't worry.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnberry View Post
    Did you leave the henna on for at least 4 hours? I've used only Yemen, but I've read that with any BAQ henna, if you leave it in for a very brief time, that is under 2 or 3 hours, it usually looks very orange. I didn't want this to happen, so I've always gone for at least 4 hours. Hopefully it will oxidize with cherry red tones!
    I left it on for 7 1/2 hours...
    Hm, do you think non BAQ Henna maybe dyes more reddish?

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    It will oxidize quite much, I'm sure. Wasn't your hair orangey in sun? If so, I'm with you on this one. My hair varies from dark red to sickening orange depending on light. But I'm sure it will oxidize to a darker redder color, so don't worry.
    Very rarely I have orange reflexes when my henna is quite faded, but not really. I think you are refferring to the video right? I have never seen it gleam that light before, not sure what that was.

i'm sure it will oxidize a little bit..it's just my last Henna was a bloody red right after and became a nice deep burgundy *sigh*, so I am thinking all I can achieve is strawberry red.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Why don't you try mixing your next one with Special Effects Blood Red? That's how Hypnotica gets her dark red with henna, and I've done it once to a similar effect. It turns the henna glow into a red for me as well, most of the time.