Page 101 of 115 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1143

Thread: Hairstyles for working out, exercising and sports

Length
    24BSL/35TBL/42 CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Working out/Exercise... what to do with my hair?

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    Variation on my above posted hairstyle

I wore this biking to work a little over 6 miles. Got crazy frizzy, but still out of my way and stayed UP. It's two braids, but instead of tied overhand knots, I "sewed" them together akin to the lace braid that you loop the braid length up and into the braid bumps. I was left with about BSL length braid. I then took that, and wrapped it around itself about twice. I tucked the ends in, and used two spin pins (one in front, one in back) to keep the wrapped hair wrapped.

I will test tomorrow when I do cardio on the elliptical and my arm/chest weightlifting on how secure it stays. On the bike ride, it stayed like a rock. It works for sure with tailbone length hair. For shorter hair, you may not need to wrap (the braid sewing alone, or the braid sewing and folding up may be sufficient). For longer than tailbone length, I suspect it will still work, just require more wraps.

I will probably try a new variation on weekend (sewing the braids together only once, or only one overhand knot, and trying to wrap the two individual ones around the middle part.

If there is interest and the instructions are confusing, I can attempt to either make a video or a step by step with pictures to illustrate.
    This is brilliant. I tend to run in a french braid, but TWO then knotted together is a great idea. I'll give it a go tonight and see how it goes.
    See the evolution of my hair over the last two years.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Cinnabun with two giant claw clips. Easy peasey lemon squeezy
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)

Length
    ~Chin/CL/MTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Workout hair! How do you wear it?

Quote Originally Posted by MlleMC View Post
    I wear a braided lazy wrap bun for zumba, and it hasn't ever gotten undone. I use a stick that's slightly too long for a little extra security too.

Great idea! I just wore a normal LWB to power yoga this AM with an acrylic stick and it stayed put phenomenally. Actually much better than my normal pony tail.....

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I don't have any hair toys yet (on their way!), so I can't ever really keep my hair up securely. I usually just put it in a ponytail and that's good enough for a work out. As it gets longer though, I'm not sure that would be ideal!

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I've just answered it on another thread If I do strenght at home I wear it bunned, if I go for a run (5 up to 20km) I prefer a ponytail that i also braid. That's what works out better to me by far!

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I usually do a nautilus bun, sometimes just an english braid (but it tends to flop a lot) or a braid bun.
    The nautilus is really good if you don't want anything to move, but it can be slightly annoying if you need to get on you back (for crunchies etc).

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I usually do a braid or sometimes a LWB I opt for the braid though because if I do sit ups or anything, the bun really gets in the way.
    currently approaching tbl

My workout hairstyles always involve some kind of French braid. I have classic length hair, so if I’m doing something where a long braid will get in the way, I often twist the length into a Gibraltar or spidermom bun. As long as I anchor it through the braided part on the back of my head, it usually stays.

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

If I really need a bun to stay, I bun while damp and add a bit of hairspray. My hair is long enough now one stick will never do. I usually use a stick plus some spin pins to keep it in place. A bunned paranda braid holds better than a regular braid or bun if the damp/hairspray thing is not desired.

I generally dislike braiding for workouts as a wet braid is difficult to undo, especially if it has shredded at all, and it will NEVER dry if it stays braided.

I agree with BrownEyedSusan that a secure top knot gets in the way the least. It provides the least bounce/pull when jogging as well. I do a top LWB. For whatever reason, it is the most secure.

I wear this as a sweatband. The brim is flexible/soft and not that big.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Usually a snug LWB works well for me, even for floor work.
    Depending on the activity I will use spin pins, or a small/comfy/secure fork.
    When walking I prefer ponytails or a braid.