Page 1004 of 2981 FirstFirst ... 45049049549941002100310041005100610141054110415042004 ... LastLast
Results 10,031 to 10,040 of 29808

Thread: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Default Re: Show me your Ficcare color thread

Quote Originally Posted by mawiwala View Post
    And a rare beauty in a shabby picture.

Fabulous! I'd love this piece even more if it had a gold border, but I love greens as well. Congrats and enjoy!

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

ejking2 and Mawiwala thank goodness you two notice a difference with the new acetates. My hair is very coarse and I get similar problems with slippage and the piece shifting throughout the day. If only the new acetates can grip a whole lot tighter and stronger then I would be all about acetates. I still love the new patterns , but I just can't buy a piece if I won't use it because of this problem I have with them.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Mawiwala, i love the green on you.
    Those who aren't using acetates, I wonder if the thing someone once did where they glued fleece to the inside of a clip to make it smaller might not help with the slippage? I might try this myself.

Well a clip this expensive shouldn't just slip out of someone's hair especially if older models worked before on the same hair.

Account Closed by Member Request

With very slight adjustments all my acetates are now the same shape/size as my enamel clips. Thanks for the tip Islandgrrl! I do notice my acetates are easier to open than my other clips but they seem to hold the same. I am curious though if I should stick with a medium next time I order an acetate..which I only want one of the newer designs anyway. I had thought about swapping my large acetates for mediums but will keep them for now.
    On another note, one of my silky clips I received has a flaw. Where the "Ficcare" logo is stamped onto the edge of the clip (inside) it was double stamped so it makes it look blurry and shows on the outside . I've contacted ficcare about it and shall see what they will do. Otherwise I love all my new silkys . Hopefully Ficcare will get this resolved for me. I can't believe they would ship a clip like this.

Who let the owls out... Hootenanny's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Waist/TB
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

That's terrible, curlsgalore! I really hope they get it sorted out for you asap. I can't believe they would send out a clip like that either.
    Pixie (7/2011) - APL (7/2013) - BSL (4/2014) - Waist when curly (2/2015) - Hip - TBL - ?

Account Closed by Member Request

I hope so too. Although it doesn't affect the performance of the clip and you probably can't see it when in an up-do, it's there and it's not an inexpensive clip. We will see what happens. I've never know this to happen before. I'm sure it just slipped through somehow. I'm not upset, just disappointed.

On a good note, I finally got a cinnamon bun to work with my ficcare!! It's a loose bun (which I prefer) but it's holding for now. I decided to twist the opposite direction than I usually do and that made a huge difference! I love it. I can see this being a regular 'do for me .

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I bent my onyx also so I now have a clip the same size as the older enamels. thanks for the tip!
    I will see if it holds as well. I'm going out tonight and may use this one.

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

With the way Acetates are originally bent, they poke into my head as well! Have not tried bending them up yet because I don't really wear them.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Still can't figure out the itrader stuff so have been unable to post ratings so will from now on will just post here.My large lime ficcare just arrived!!THANKS SO MUCH YEDDA! It is a pleasure trading/buying from you.