Page 1001 of 1305 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919991000100110021003101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 13049

Thread: Armpit | Midback

Default Re: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

Omg that is going to require some SERIOUS patience , waiting out the curlies
    I guess I’m lucky I don’t have to wait for curls but on the other hand I love the look of curls
    My hair is pretty boring and straight and seems to get straighter with length lol

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    July 1st! I think I'll be here into August or even September, though. I had a small growth spurt, but it seems like it's tapering off now. Which is fine! I got like, an extra inch this year so I'm quite pleased with that!

But I'm also going to only call when I hit markers wavy (RIP lol), so even if I'm there stretched I can't call iiiiiiiiiit. And my shrinkage is like an inch? Or so. Not a ton! But more than none. That'll add like 2 months to my stay in every thread!

Type
    2a/C/ii

Took down my hair a while ago, I probably did it wrong since didn't help with the frizz, but I guess that's what I get for trying two different things at once. I packed all my hair into it because I wanted to try a "protective sleep style", and I guess it could work, would have to try it overnight to see if it stays on, but yeah, I don't know how to effectively pack all my hair on top of my head.

It did turn out quite voluminous though, and I don't mind that.

Your hair is just so gorgeous !!!! I would do anything to have your hair type and colour
    I would sacrifice length to have your hair
    Stunning !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Estrid View Post
    Took down my hair a while ago, I probably did it wrong since didn't help with the frizz, but I guess that's what I get for trying two different things at once. I packed all my hair into it because I wanted to try a "protective sleep style", and I guess it could work, would have to try it overnight to see if it stays on, but yeah, I don't know how to effectively pack all my hair on top of my head.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Cross post from the monthly photo project.
    free photo upload

Type
    2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fhairyqueen View Post
    Your hair is just so gorgeous !!!! I would do anything to have your hair type and colour
    I would sacrifice length to have your hair
    Stunning !!!!
    Gosh, thank you not sure what to respond to that!

Looking at that photo again it does look unusually good, the lighting probably does quite a bit too. A few hours after and the volume has gone down a bit. My hair is far from perfect, very tangly, looks horrible if I comb or brush it (and somehow that will make it even more tangly afterwards). I probably need to change my routine, maybe I should start braiding it all the time to not have it tangle...Hm.

Your hair is looking good, Eastbound&Down!

ETA: post no. 2,000

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shaluwm_agape View Post
    ^^^ This is me right now because im wavy my markers are off. Unstretched my wavy hair is just now reaching apl. I may be here til february 2019 because i honestly want to co by my unstretched length
    The only reason I'm not sad about having to wait is because I've wanted wavy hair my entire life, so having it now is like... The balm to my impatience.

Welcome to the thread, fhairyqueen and Mademoiselle!

I've been so busy lately, I haven't been able to keep up that well with LHC. It will soon get better, and today is a day off from work (I sure need it), so I will try to catch up a bit.
    At the moment I have my hair up in a scarf because I read in a thread that having almost-dry hair in a scarf would remove frizz, wasn't that long ago I read it but I really can't recall what thread it was. Anyway, I think I'll share a photo afterwards, no matter how it looks. It might be a disaster, since I've collected all my hair on top of my head when it's in it's most shape-able stage, meaning semi-dry x) but we'll see, I feel like I need to to something LHC related today!

Corvana, you think you'll reach BSL that early? Oh, I envy you! It wasn't that long ago you joined this thread, and you're already ahead of me!
    Please look at my signature. My upper torso is pretty short! There's like 2-ish inches from APL to upper BSL, and my bra band is 2.5" long at the smallest bit (the middle). I plan to call mid-BSL so that I'll have more than 2.5" to grow to waist!

To be fair, I also plan to remeasure all of my markers, AGAIN. And this time I really for reals will rope my husband into helping! I need to at least measure to classic, since I'm pretty sure I'll try for FTL at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by fhairyqueen View Post
    Omg that is going to require some SERIOUS patience , waiting out the curlies
    I guess I’m lucky I don’t have to wait for curls but on the other hand I love the look of curls
    My hair is pretty boring and straight and seems to get straighter with length lol
    "I don't have shrinkage at least" was my mantra before I learned I was a wavy. It's a really nice pro, IMO! What you see is what you get, there's no hidden lengths.

But my heart of hearts wanted waves, for my whole gosh darned life, and so having them makes any cons seem so small to me! Which is good because shrinkage sucks a lot

Estriiiiiiiiiiiiiiid your hair is so amazing I love it sooooooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    Cross post from the monthly photo project.
    Your hair is so thick and lucious! I love it.

Gosh, thank you not sure what to respond to that!

Looking at that photo again it does look unusually good, the lighting probably does quite a bit too. A few hours after and the volume has gone down a bit. My hair is far from perfect, very tangly, looks horrible if I comb or brush it (and somehow that will make it even more tangly afterwards). I probably need to change my routine, maybe I should start braiding it all the time to not have it tangle...Hm.

ETA: post no. 2,000
    Unusually good, my butt! Your hair always looks incredible. And congrats on 2k posts!! It would've been funnier had it happened on the last page of this thread (page 1000)

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    13 in/28/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I'm finally officially at upper BSL with no stretching! It feels like my hair grew an inch over a couple of weeks, even though my waves have been more pronounced...weird

Type
    2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    Please look at my signature. My upper torso is pretty short! There's like 2-ish inches from APL to upper BSL, and my bra band is 2.5" long at the smallest bit (the middle). I plan to call mid-BSL so that I'll have more than 2.5" to grow to waist!

To be fair, I also plan to remeasure all of my markers, AGAIN. And this time I really for reals will rope my husband into helping! I need to at least measure to classic, since I'm pretty sure I'll try for FTL at some point in the future.

Estriiiiiiiiiiiiiiid your hair is so amazing I love it sooooooo much.

Unusually good, my butt! Your hair always looks incredible. And congrats on 2k posts!! It would've been funnier had it happened on the last page of this thread (page 1000)
    Oh, yeah, that could explain your speedy way through APL to BSL! I also want to measure my body markers! I know I shared a photo a while ago with a measuring tape, but having someone check each marker and at the same time make sure the measuring tape hangs straight would be nice.

Thank you! I usually only share better looking photos though, if you'd seen my hair yesterday I think you would've agreed that "unusually good" can be a thing for me x) The situation yesterday was my fault though, I decided to comb it since it was so all over the place and I was going to work, and I realise that the tiiiiny drop of leave in conditioner never got accepted by my hair... here I thought Paul Mitchell would do me good, haha, guess I'll have to give it away, or use it as a body lotion (says I could do that, might as well try).

I'm so happy that my hair has calmed down now as I've slept on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomKitty View Post
    I'm finally officially at upper BSL with no stretching! It feels like my hair grew an inch over a couple of weeks, even though my waves have been more pronounced...weird
    Congrats!! if you did get that much growth it's pretty awesome, sometimes hair can do that, mine never does though.

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

So due to various things all coming together at the worst times, I was unable to wash my hair for like three weeks. Besides looking gross if down, there wasn't much of a negative for it. Until I washed, at least . I think my sheds stick in my hair, about 60% of them when it's dirty. I wash my hair, and just... clumps it seems like was coming out. The hairball was maybe 1.5x the normal size? So not actually a ton, and my hair doesn't feel thin or anything. It was just funny to me! I think because my hair is dark it's more obvious, as well, so I don't really "miss" seeing them go into the drain.

Once my hair was dry, I was kinda surprised! I haven't had it down when I've been awake in like... a week and a half. So feeling it down half my back came out of the blue lol. I didn't measure, but I did go put on my bra and look too see how far I was . Brushing the top, wavy! A bit over if I stretch it, which I knew already. More and more of my back is disappearing behind my hair!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL+/APL+/HL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

You have very beautiful hair!! I love this waves and color
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]