Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Hair Thread

Length
    APL/Waist/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Dark Hair Thread

I want to join too!

my roots are dark dark brown, but my length lightens up a bit to a med/dark reddish brown... i can't help but spend time in the sun in the summer! it's too cold here in the winter to not take full advantage of the nice days.

and how come i can't see the photos that you guys put in your posts?!

Quote Originally Posted by Raventresses View Post
    and how come i can't see the photos that you guys put in your posts?!
    I think most of us have posted from albums and you need at least 25 posts before you can view albums here. Just keep posting and you'll get there soon.
    Lady Ianuariae of the Healing Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    1a/M/ii

I think I belong here too, I have medium brown hair (except for the more red hennaed part at the end )

Length
    N/A/HIP/CL?
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Whenever I do SMT, my hair ends up SUPER shiny. Especially if I use this product called Dark 'n' Lovely Cholesterol Treatment as the conditioner, so lovely!

I think with dark hair, it is best to keep it out the sun - thankfully, where I am right now, it get dark at 4 o'clock in the afternoon!

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    I am growing out my henna. It will take a LONG time but one day I will have all virgin hair again. My natural colour is mid to dark brown, sort of ashy looking in the sun. I will be stalking this thread for tips.
    Definitely check out my tumblr then because I'm growing out some old dye too.

Follow my hair journey on tumblr
    http://jensnaturalhairjourney.tumblr.com/

Length
    bsl/waist/elbow
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Ooh dark hair thread! I use BS and WV for my hair most days, and an organic cone, sulfate, etc etc free shampoo. I found out that proteins are not nice for my hair. It ends up brittle. Also, almond oil and coconut oil are great! My hair looks a lot shinier after oiling
    Onward, GROW! long hair = 女人的味道
    March 2010: BSL March 2011: waist

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

As a natural medium brunette with really rather a lot of henndigo on top, I think I qualify. My avatar is a bit crap, mainly because it is embarrassing to ask someone to photograph the back of my head more than once if you don't like the first photo.

My hair looks better with cones but they are horribly drying. It's much happier today with some Aubrey GPB and a little Beauticurls leave-in conditioner.

I was a highlighted blonde and I loved being blonde but I love being dark just as much now. It was quite a big adjustment (both psychologically and in terms of changing makeup and clothing colours to suit dark hair better). I don't get patronised as often as I did when I had the highlights, which is odd...

Length
    21/26.5/29
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Here's a what NOT to do tip - I straightened my hair for years before embracing my curly hair and always knew about the heat damage to the actual hairs but never considered what it would do to my color. I put it up in a bun one day (which I never do) and realized that when the ends of my hair were next to my roots there was a significant color change I didn't notice when it was down - much lighter and redder and less radiant. Very sad. It makes me wonder if using a color-protection shampoo for dyed hair would help, even though it is my natural color I want to protect. Anyone know?

embracing my curls at shoulder - apl - bsl!
    fashion blog

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Nature's gate color protector sulfate free cone free organic shampoo conquers all.

Follow my hair journey on tumblr
    http://jensnaturalhairjourney.tumblr.com/

I don't really use anything for color, it's naturally black...I did have it dyed a year ago which I deeply regret...but other than that I just use natural shampoos and conditioners.
    Last edited by JulietCapulet; November 12th, 2010 at 07:34 PM.