Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I henna straight after Colorfix/Color Oops.....Advice Please!!

Length
    20"/24"/30"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Can I henna straight after Colorfix/Color Oops.....Advice Please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    Can you post pics when it's done? Very interested in the results. I love henndigo!
    I will definitely post pics when I am done!! I can't wait to see the results

Length
    Chin/BSL/W-H
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Come to that, can you post pics for the various stages, including before and just after you strip the black colour?

I wouldn't worry too much about having dodgy ends for a few days, just put them in an updo. Even a plait would hide them quite well. How long are the over-coloured bits? If it's only a few inches, do you think a trim might serve you better?

My friend Dusk hennas over hair that was originally chemically dyed. She's been doing this for perhaps four years, and her hair is now knee-length. Her original colour is dark dirty blonde and her hennaed colour is dark auburn. Her chemically-dyed ends were also very dark, and it became less and less noticeable with repeated hennaings, although after a while she moved to root applications. By now she says that the main difference is that if you hold the hair up to the light, the ends are opaque whereas the rest is more translucent, but she finds it hard to tell where the change is. Henna is a marvellous blender.
    I have opted out of the "friends" system. Please do not send me any friending requests.

Last edited by wintersun99; February 18th, 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Length
    20"/24"/30"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Hello Elettaria.

I am planning to take pictures before and after the colour remover. A trim unfortunately is out of the question, as I would have to have my hair cut to above shoulder length to remove the over-coloured bits and that's just too short for my liking. I've been grey since my early twenties so that a whole lot of dye build up. I'm planning to use the colour remover 3-4 days before the henna/indigo and hide under a hat until I'm re-dyed

It interesting to know that your friend's henna and chemical dye blend in together well. I am hoping that this will be the case with my hair. I guess I'm just being over cautious as although my hair is really dark brown at the moment, I really do not want to end up with jet black ends. I am hoping with the colour remover stripping off the worst of the dye build up, I will have a more uniform colour that is closer to my natural colour to henna over. I'm sure it will be worth all the faffing about in the end.........hopefully I will never have to use chemical dyes again and I instead have a healthy, shiny henndigo head!!

Hope you are feeling good and thanks for your input

Hi wintersun99............I checked out your picture and that is a lovely colour. You got great results with ColorOops. Your hair looks really healthy and shiny

Length
    chin/Bsl/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I have with no problem. Brought my hair right back to where I wanted it. I did cut the time short since hair is super absorbent after Colorfix!