Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Please, please, please help (also, am new!)

Default Re: Please, please, please help (also, am new!)

Hi! I agree that the compulsion to cut your hair needs to be examined more closely by professional. You owe this kindness to yourself. Please forgive yourself for this last cutting of your hair by yourself. There's nothing to be gained by beating yourself up over it.

Did your mom do a poor job again of hiding the scissors?

Length
    5/5/12-15

Quote Originally Posted by RenaissanceGirl View Post
    Oooh, just read your last post. Your hair is absolutely not your problem.

Your problem is that you deal with your stress by cutting your hair. While this is less dangerous than traditional "cutting," it is in fact the same thing -- and can escalate to the more harmful version.

Please allow your hair stress to take a back seat for a little bit. If nothing else, get it cut crazy short (like, buzzed) and know that it won't be forever before it grows back. Besides, you have an awesome facial structure, and your face can handle it for a little while.

Meanwhile, please seek some kind of assistance for how you handle difficult situations. It is so incredibly common to manage your stress by attacking something you CAN control (like your hair). You're absolutely not alone. If you attend religious services regularly, your clergyman should be able to speak to you, or at least point you to help. If not, you should seek it professionally. For many people, therapy is incredibly helpful; others simply need a support group to help them handle their stress, and still others have a chemical imbalance that needs to be treated medically. None of these are any reason for shame. I hope you will find what works for you.

In the meantime, the small amount of experience I have on this board tells me that the people here are warm and welcoming, and you can also come here when you need to talk.
    Thanks.
    My hair is actually crazy short right now, I can't believe what I did but I truly look like a boy. The worst bit is when my dad looks at me like he's ashamed...
    I just don't know what to do, I'm even embarrassed to go to a hairdresser. I think I'll force myself to wear a hat for most of the time so I won't think about it.

I think I need to get professional help like you said... maybe a psychologist? All I know is I'm a really impatient person, and because I don't have many distractions right now and I'm unhappy, I just resort to cutting my hair... Also because of a job interview I wanted it to look 'chic'. I think I took off about 5 cm that I grew. And it doesn't even 'work'. The top of my head has little 4 cm sticky uppy things... and underneath at the back it's longer, it doesn't even look like layers but a disaster.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...o/DSCF0091.jpg
    And if you look at the sides, one side is longer than the other.

It also took a lot of styling (hair gel) to make it look semi-presentable. The back looks worse, I don't know, the lengths are all out of proportion and I thought it was bad last time, but I was taking it for granted. I don't know how to forgive myself... and I'm contemplating not going to the job interview. Hah ...

Length
    5/5/12-15

Quote Originally Posted by selene View Post
    Hi! I agree that the compulsion to cut your hair needs to be examined more closely by professional. You owe this kindness to yourself. Please forgive yourself for this last cutting of your hair by yourself. There's nothing to be gained by beating yourself up over it.

Did your mom do a poor job again of hiding the scissors?
    Thank you, I really have wanted to contact my hairdresser (she's the only one I see but I have felt embarrassed/weird about seeing her since she tried to 'funky up' my hair once I shaved a chunk out of it, and made it worse, even though she's a great hairdresser)... long story, but I think I should talk to her, maybe she can help. Maybe we can make a sort of 'plan', I don't know.

I know, I need to forgive myself because It's driving me mad. You're right. Thanks.
    And yes... the scissors were back in the bathroom. Something tells me that if they weren't I would've found mum and convinced her to give me them though. I suck!!!