Thread: My introduction

Length
    chin/chin/waist
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default My introduction

hello everyone, my name is Mari (short for Marigold) I'm 21 years old, I'm a university student going into my third year of studies in this fall. Next week I am moving so after that it may be a little while before I have regular internet access at my home again (its a long story)

I have naturally golden/orangish hair. It is totally straight medium volume. I don't blow dry, dye, henna or use gel, hairspray or other treatment, The shampoo I use is natural SLS/chemical free, I use cone free conditioner on my ends only (I have very oily hair) and I wash my hair either every other day or every three days, depending on how dirty it looks.

Right now I am actually not a long hair (though I was...I swear) My hair right now is chin length. Just a couple of days ago I cut off 14 inches and donated it, to Pantene Beautiful Lengths (not LOL or Wigs for Kids, I did my research) This was my second time donating, I also donated 12" to the Pantene program once before in 2006 when it first began. I really love taking care of hair and watching it grow, and I am always looking for new methods of hair care. Looking forward to making friends here whenever I can get on the internet.

~Mari

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: My introduction

Welcome Mari! How nice of you to donate your hair twice (and doing your research and finding someone who's actually reputable!). Look forward to seeing you around the boards

Length
    chin/chin/waist
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Hi, thanks for the welcome manderly

When looking to donate my hair, I did do research to see who was reputable (plus I know someone who got a wig from Pantene the first time I gave) because I hate it that Locks of Love keeps taking hair even though it is a scam.

Also I forgot to add in my introduction post that while I donate my hair because I want to, I would never bother, harass or pressure anyone else to due the same. From reading some other posts I know that is a sore spot for many people on this board, and I find it really tacky and rude that some people do it.

Type
    1a/1b/C/ii

Hahaha, I'm addicted to the growing process too! I went from classic to BSL, then to waist back to chin. Donated twice, first time to LoL, but now I've learned better. Haha. Now it's back to BSL, and I'm probably going to cut it to chin again soon? Or something like that.
    My process was similar to yours - nice simple shampoo and conditioner, but making sure that there wasn't too much junk in it. Nothing else done. Trying new treatments ever since I joined here has proven to be addictive though, haha!

Your hair sounds GORGEOUS. I always wanted a golden tawny sort of hair color. =)