Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Your experience with aloe vera.

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Your experience with aloe vera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I suppose the main concern is the preservative, phenoxyethanol, which might cause a reaction if you are sensitive or for you to develop a sensitivity to it over time.
    Oh cool, and I'm washing it off after not long at all and occasionally will leave it on a bit longer as a mask on my skin, thanks for your feedback! I think it will be fine to wash with. Decided I won't leave it on my skin or hair for more than some minutes unless I get pure aloe! So far this gel reduces acne redness in seconds to minutes, which is a new record! Feels great
    Last edited by fairy_hair; January 7th, 2024 at 08:04 AM.
    Collarbone ... Mid-back ... Waist ... *Hip* ... Tailbone... Classic ... Mid-thigh​

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by marimara View Post
    I love Aloe Gel. I use it all. the. time. for EVERYTHING. It's great for my sensitive skin, calming ezcema, after shaving. I put it on my hair before braids to make more braid waves, I put it over top of head to calm flyaways and growing hairs that stick out. It always makes my hair soft. I even make my own spray toner for my face with aloeveragel and witch hazel. You can eat aloe gel (food grade), it calms and soothes irritated stomach linings. I'm planning on growing my aloe patch to supply myself for cheaper. I buy this kind it's the most natural and organic I've found. I LOVE this stuff. If I could only take one item with me to a deserted island (for hair and body ) it would be this stuff. Oh and I always say that aloe gel is my secret for aging. I put it on my face every single day and it keeps me moisturized and keeps the wrinkles away. Between Aloe and coconut oil, I'm covered!
    Ohhh aloe gel for flyaways!? This might be good for me - I have to use hair grips for my front hairs to stay back when my put my hair up, it's jist very fine and lightweight and the hairs do not stick to each other at all, so any shorter front hairs just fall down. I'm scared to commit to a full day of work without hair grips and only with aloe gel in case it doesn't work and I just look greasy, maybe I will just bring hair grips in case.... I must try haha, I'm so sick of using hair grips, if I can use sloe gel instead and it works I will!
    Collarbone ... Mid-back ... Waist ... *Hip* ... Tailbone... Classic ... Mid-thigh​

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Update: I've been washing my face with the aloe vera gel and also leaving a thin coat of it on my face, morning and night, for nearly 2 weeks now, and I have to say, I am AMAZED because it really has reduced the severity of any acne I get, destroying new little ones in a day, and any bigger ones heal much faster, and I've not been having many more big ones since using it.... I don't think I will use it on my hair at least for now, since I think my hair is doing okay with olive oil and weekly washing, protective styles... but woah, my skin is flourishing. It's not stripped by harsh cleansers, it's not oily or dry, it feels stronger and my acne blemishes are fading a little already... can't wait to see how it goes in a few months. Anyone else tried this?

Does AVG change any conditioner good? I mean, it works very well with my hair type. Could I try for example protein treatment with eggs without fear of tangles, if I add enough AVG to it? I have been too afraid of any protein treatments now when my hair is so long and gets tangled easy. I could add also EVOO.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/43"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Aloe vera gel is, like...a serious godsend for my hair, haha. I love it as a styling aid to help keeping my braided buns neat. Plus, I get awesome braidwaves when I take them out!
    I like it on slightly damp hair. I find that it not only keeps my hairstyles in place better, but it definitely feels like my hair's more hydrated when I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    Does AVG change any conditioner good? I mean, it works very well with my hair type. Could I try for example protein treatment with eggs without fear of tangles, if I add enough AVG to it? I have been too afraid of any protein treatments now when my hair is so long and gets tangled easy. I could add also EVOO.
    Hmmm... That's definitely a good question. I don't see why you can't experiment a bit with AVG if you find it's a good ingredient for your hair. Do you like SMTs at all? I find protein treatments, while helpful, to be kind of drying, so I always follow up with an SMT (or other deep conditioning treatment.). I wonder if you could mix in a conditioning treatment with your protein treatment to help reduce the dryness.

For anyone who's reading who doesn't know SMT, here's the thread on them!