Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: after henna wash

Length
    24"/30"/32"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: after henna wash

I also fill a bucket with warm water and stick my head in it to start, and work as much henna out that way as I can. Then I apply liberal amounts of cheap non-cone conditioner, I rinse that out and most of the rest of the henna goes with it. Then I put a good moisturizing conditioner mixed with avg because my hair needs lots of moisture after henna, let it sit for 15 min and wash! Then I go almost 4 days without washing my hair =) it works for me ... My hair looks so good after henna too bad it is such a long process.
    BSL for years ~ Goal - Waist

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

As some of the friends mentioned, I feel my hair coarse and hard to detangle after henna. So I use a mousturizing conditioner and conditioner only wash.

I also clarify before henna, since I beileve that I get better colour with clarified hair

Wasn't this just an interesting thread! Am I wrong or did people use more CO or WO over 10 years ago? And today maybe more ordinary shampoo & conditioner combination?
    Laying in bed with overnight henna in my hair and planning how I rinse it out... the coconut milk tip was very interesting!

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/43"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I do CWC to get my henna/herbal muds out and use a bowl to help mermaid soak out the grits. Once the water runs clear I'm done. Then I usually wait a couple days before washing my hair again, because henna is just so cleansing.

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    Wasn't this just an interesting thread! Am I wrong or did people use more CO or WO over 10 years ago? And today maybe more ordinary shampoo & conditioner combination?
    Laying in bed with overnight henna in my hair and planning how I rinse it out... the coconut milk tip was very interesting!
    I feel like you're probably right on that. It does seem that people are a bit more open to shampooing in general now than in the past. CO-wash was so big whenever I first joined in 2011, but it seems that there's more acceptance that it's definitely not right for everyone. I can't skip shampooing my scalp for even a single day, or my scalp breaks out, so CO-wash was something I ditched pretty early on. (It also doesn't help that I have hard water and no water softener...)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    CO-washing was super trendy then. It was when I first started and I'm one of those who's still CO-washing. My scalp hates shampoo and CO works great for me. But yeah, no-poo overall was trendy back then, but not so much todady.

I rinse my henna with water, apply indigo and then CO-wash my hair.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights