View Poll Results: At what length does your hair get attention in public?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • MBL to waist

103 33.99%
  • hip to tailbone

140 46.20%
  • classic to mid-thigh (or fingertip)

50 16.50%
  • knee to mid-calf

5 1.65%
  • ankle or beyond

5 1.65%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: At what length does your hair get attention in public?

Length
    BSL/Waist/Undef
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: At what length does your hair get attention in public?

My hair is kinda red(coppery but some countries call it red) so always lol

I have straight and reddish hair in a country where it's not as common(naturally straight and reddish) so I always get looks, even if it's up bc it's absolutely disgusting in it's 8th straight day w/o seeing shampoo. Now I've got highlights, which is pretty common here, but I still get looks.
    Now... Once my hair makes it past TBL it's impossible to leave the house w it down. I'll get both nice and rude comments almost in the same ratio.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Undef
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    1. At what length does the public attention you receive become negative, if that has ever happened to you?

2. At what length do total strangers tell you to cut your hair and donate it?
    TBL is when I start getting rude comments. Some might find me arrogant for that but 99% of the time it is jealousy.

The donation thing starts at waist. I've even pretended I didn't speak the language once when a woman behind me at a queue decided to start a conversation w something like "you've got so much hair! No one needs it that long, that's almost selfish! You should donate it."

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverinna View Post
    TBL is when I start getting rude comments. Some might find me arrogant for that but 99% of the time it is jealousy.

The donation thing starts at waist. I've even pretended I didn't speak the language once when a woman behind me at a queue decided to start a conversation w something like "you've got so much hair! No one needs it that long, that's almost selfish! You should donate it."
    Selfish? �� People have issues �� it's YOURS

Length
    2/35/45
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Ya the donation thing is really annoying. Especially the longer it gets. Get that more often now.

I got attention already when my hair was MBL. Never-ending waist length which is very rare where I am frim

Length
    2/35/45
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Ya the donation thing is really annoying. Especially the longer it gets. Get that more often now.

I got attention already when my hair was MBL. Nevermind waist length which is very rare where I am from

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

The last time someone told me I should donate my hair, I told them, "I have...twice! Now I'm growing it for me. Your hair grows. Why don't you donate yours?" Never would have had the gall to say that in my younger days. Now it isn't an issue since it's usually up in a bun or bonnet.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

floor length

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

If you comment in addition to the first poll question, please answer these additional questions: Hip-TBL definitely gets attention from the general public here where I am, personally, my mom and sister started noticing and making comments about how long it was getting around WL. Nothing negative.

1. At what length does the public attention you receive become negative, if that has ever happened to you?

There is a pretty large Pentacostal population where I am, so long hair is relatively common here, so no real negative attention directed specifically about hair length in public. I did get into a quite hostile round and round conversation once with one of my sister's hairstylist friend about how long hair is unhealthy and unsanitary and anything longer than mid back is "gross". My hair was around hip at the time. I quickly stopped associating with her.

2. At what length do total strangers tell you to cut your hair and donate it?

No one has ever told me to donate it, again a lot of women in my area have long hair for religious reasons, so I think most people just assume and don't say anything. Which is fine with me.
    CL~SL~APL~BSL~WL~HL~TBL~maybe CL
    Mini goals: BSL braid ~ WL braid ~ HL braid ~ Crown braid