Page 262 of 262 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262
Results 2,611 to 2,616 of 2616

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Edited, not accurate information.
    Last edited by Greengable; August 9th, 2024 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Mistake

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

That’s Senna italica (commonly called cassia obovata) on the left and Senna alexandrea on the right, mixed with warm distilled water and applied to white mohair for 2 hours. The yellow color in both is the same, but I find it to be much stronger in senna alexandrea.

But to answer your question blackfield yes, cassia angustifolia is another name for Senna alexandrina

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post

That’s Senna italica (commonly called cassia obovata) on the left and Senna alexandrea on the right, mixed with warm distilled water and applied to white mohair for 2 hours. The yellow color in both is the same, but I find it to be much stronger in senna alexandrea.

But to answer your question blackfield yes, cassia angustifolia is another name for Senna alexandrina
    Wow amazing 👏🏼 thank you so much 🌷

Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Thank you very much! It seems strange that people use mostly cassia obovata then.. I will order cassia angustifolia and will report about the color effects on my gray hair ) thank you

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackfield View Post
    Thank you very much! It seems strange that people use mostly cassia obovata then.. I will order cassia angustifolia and will report about the color effects on my gray hair ) thank you
    Anytime! Let us know how it goes!

Length
    BCL/BCL+/term
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackfield View Post
    Oooh, I am curious about what the results will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post

Does Senna alexandrea wash out eventually like Senna italica?

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Hi, friends. I took some pics today and wanted to share bc I have done soooooooo much research on cassia and henna the last couple of years on here.

This is my virgin hair and I have lots of silvers which I love. But since I'm still mostly super dark I thought it would be fun to have some goldies in there while I still can. I have lots of fun with being a scientist with the mud. I add tea tree oil sometimes, peppermint others. I've added condish, sedr, cassia, amla, aloe vera powder and even the super tiniest pinch of henna a few times.

But I mainly go simple and use my senna that I get from herbco mixed with strongly brewed chamomile tea and some aloe vera powder. It's a little gritty so I put a bucket in my shower and dunk my head in and swirl many a time and now I have no issues with the rinse out. I did try regrinding the senna but the dust got everywhere and I decided I'll happily skip the cleanup and just swirl some more. I leave it on for 4 hours.

I am not perfect about applying evenly but I think it still works having some silvers and some golds mixed in and all my hair seriously shines in the light. I might say I notice slightly more volume immediately after I use senna but it doesn't last long. It's been great having a little change that maybe only I notice but that is perfect for my low maintence style.

I've added pics to this post - hopefully they show up

Super fine and delicate
    Dye & heat free circa 2017
    Senna has turned my silvers to gold - give me all the metals