• medical (ie psoriasis, SD, etc)

13 12.62%
  • other

6 5.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your scalp type?

Default Re: Your scalp type?

Unfortunately, I’ve got an oily scalp and need to wash more than I’d like to due to SD.

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I would consider my scalp as normal.
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I would consider my scalp to be oily, as well as covered in some sort of acne - spots, scabs and sores.

Length
    HL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I think mine is normal. I need to wash it twice a week usually. If something, maybe on the oilier side of normal.
    In my mind oily hair means that it needs to be washed every other day/everyday, and dry hair when it can be washed once a week or less. Especially if we are taling about less textured heads of hair.
    I specify all these things beacuse I find that the term "normal scalp" can be very misleading and up to the point of view. When I was a teenager, washing your hair once a week was a must in the hair care community and washing it more than that was seen as having oily scalp but I've never thoguht it to be accurate or true. Especially if you don't spend all your day at home, you live in a city, you go to work, you take trains/metros/buses everyday.

Length
    BSL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

My scalp is normal. I have to consider both my scalp and my hair when choosing a shampoo. If it’s too drying, my scalp gets angry and oily faster, AND I get angry frizz right away. If the shampoo is not cleansing enough, still oily. Sometimes my scalp is quite happy but it’s too drying for my hair. It’s like walking a tightrope.

I usually wash twice a week, unless my sports schedule dictates three times. I try to limit that to a minimum, otherwise I strip my scalp too much and it produces more oil. When left to its own devices, (no sports or excessive sweat) I can go 5 to 7 days without washing. That’s in summer, my scalp likes mildly warm temperatures, like 15-25 degrees Celsius. I have to wash it twice a week in winter and I’m still accepting theories on that.
    Chin • APL • BSL • MBL •WL​ • HL • BCL • TBL • CL
    Lady Marie of the Scarlet Kin
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    CBL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

My scalp is eczama prone �� But I guess I am still lucky because it's easy to manage with a medical shampoo every now and then. And I have normal to dry scalp, under normal conditions it takes 4-5 days to start getting oily.
    🍃​ 🍃 ​🍃​m e d i t e r r a n e a n🍂​​ 🍂 ​​🍂​