Thread: Long time lurker committing myself to the long haul after a bad cut!

Default Long time lurker committing myself to the long haul after a bad cut!

Hi all!

I’ve been browsing this forum for years and after a particularly disastrous haircut in November I’ve decided I need to commit myself to getting the hair of my dreams again! My haircut wasn’t technically bad but it wasn’t what I asked for and I ended up with a lot of short layers (the shortest only just touched the top of my ear!) so I’m going to have to take a 2 step approach to growing out my layers and length!

First step is to get my shortest layer to BSL then blunt off my length in the back and continue to grow layer free! I’m going to continue cutting face framing/ curtain bangs in the front but I really want the majority of my hair to be blunt because it’s looking awfully scraggly and thin with the layers (considering my hair isn’t thin by any means!) and I really miss the thickness!

Current length
    Shortest layer: 17”
    Length: 20.5”

Goal length: 33”/WL and beyond!

My routine currently consists of scalp oiling and massaging with rosemary oil on wash days and inversion method 7 days on/21 days off which have worked really well for me. I’m also restarting my biotin and collagen supplements because I used to take them many years ago with good results so fingers crossed they help to get me past this awkward stage a bit quicker!

I’ve had long hair (roughly WL-TBL) for the majority of my life, I was always known for my long hair when I was younger, but I’ve been through several stages of growing out then going relatively short for the past 15 years or so and I’m ready to get my long hair back before I hit 40 (I’m 37 now)!

Excited to be here and if anyone has any tips to add into my routine they will be greatly appreciated! My hair is (very) dark brown and completely virgin and the plan was to stick it out but I do have a few pesky greys popping up in spots (mainly my nape) so I’m considering diving into henna at some point as I really don’t want to chemically treat my hair (and I’m not intending on doing it in the future) but I’m still on the fence with that one! Henna would give me the exact results I’m looking for seeing I used to put red vegetable dye over my natural colour and loved the red tint in the sun but it bled so much and I’m also a bit scared of my greys going bright orange with henna so I need to look into that a bit more before I take the plunge! I did find a burgundy from The Henna Guys but I’m wondering if it would be better making my own henna/indigo mix so if anyone can advise me on that I’d love you forever!

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Long time lurker committing myself to the long haul after a bad cut!

Welcome! It sounds like you have a really good plan in prioritizing appearance and health before length - I admire your patience in getting everything to BSL first
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Long time lurker committing myself to the long haul after a bad cut!

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/43"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Welcome! I know there's a henndigo thread somewhere on here. When my internet isn't moving at a snail's pace I'll see if I can dig it up! I also posted some archived photos of various people's mixes and results, I'll have to dig through my postings and see if I can find them!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Hi and welcome! Joining here is a good addition to your routine
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Welcome to the lurker turned member club! I wish you luck with your journey, the way they cut your layers sounds frustrating and I can sympathize with it ��