Thread: Different types of wood better for brushes and combs?

Default Different types of wood better for brushes and combs?

Hi there,
    I am relatively new to natural hair care and I keep hearing that wooden brushes are important for spreading oils. However, there are a great variety of woods available - neem, bamboo, ash. Some of the brushes are very expensive and others are inexpensive but I haven’t found any information on why. Some of the expensive brushes might last longer. But I’m wondering if there are other differences, differences arising from the variety of woods.
    Anyone have any information on this?
    Thank you!
    Michelle

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Different types of wood better for brushes and combs?

Bamboo is eco-friendly because it's a renewable resource which might make it less expensive. Neem is anti inflammatory and anti bacterial. Sandalwood has essential oil and is supposedly anti-static. Other woods might be more water resistant. It might be easier to research if you compare the benefits/properties of various woods and not by the brush or comb. Once you've narrowed down the wood you want, then you could consider the type of brush or comb. There are so many choices and more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. Also, there's a thread somewhere on here about wooden brushes and combs. That might be a good place to start. Good luck!
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal